The Student Room Group

Would you rather be superfat or superskinny?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by toonervoustotalk

How skinny and how fat, first? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by Changing Skies
How skinny and how fat, first? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Super

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Enlightened_One
Why?

Because I believe the thinner I am I stronger (mentally) I am. It's about willpower and determination.

Note: I don't believe this applies to anyone else.

:lol: as soon as I saw I'd been quoted, I knew that'd be the response :tongue:
Original post by Ziggy Sawdust
People saying super skinny because "it'd be more fun to gain weight than lose it", you realise that you would likely have a tiny appetite and more than a few mouthfuls at once would make you feel incredibly sick?

Edit: also if were talking super skinny as in BMI < 15 you'd be a high risk of multiple organ failure, hair and teeth loss, osteoporosis etc

This.

I sat at a worrying 14 -15 BMI for a while - I was extremely lucky in that it brought no symptoms other than general tiredness/ weakness - due to a combination of stress and illness (not an eating disorder.)

Putting on weight was immensely difficult. You often feel sick, to the point your stomach will sometimes reject the food you put into it, and you have practically no appetite, so you have to force food down to the point of gagging and dread meal times. You feel nauseous, tired, frail and cold constantly.

Imagine, when you have been at your most sick, and haven't been able to eat anything because the smell of any kind of food turns your stomach. Then someone pushes an enormous cheese pizza in front of you, and you have to eat all of it, and keep it down. But every day. :nothing:
Reply 25
It's like asking if I'd rather be super poor or super rich. Why on earth would anyone pick superfat?
Original post by Stinkum
It's like asking if I'd rather be super poor or super rich. Why on earth would anyone pick superfat?

It's not quite the same, as obviously super rich would be best :tongue: whereas there are loads of health problems that come with either weight extremity!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SmallTownGirl
Because I believe the thinner I am I stronger (mentally) I am. It's about willpower and determination.

Note: I don't believe this applies to anyone else.

It sounds like you have an eating disorder.
Original post by OMG TOOTHBRUSH
It sounds like you have an eating disorder.

No **** Sherlock...
No **** Sherlock...

You seeing anyone about that?
Original post by PsychadelicScarf
You seeing anyone about that?

Nah, NHS says I'm not ill enough.
Super skinny.

Awwwwww *hugs*

I wish you all the luck in getting yourself healthy.
Original post by Ziggy Sawdust
People saying super skinny because "it'd be more fun to gain weight than lose it", you realise that you would likely have a tiny appetite and more than a few mouthfuls at once would make you feel incredibly sick?

Edit: also if were talking super skinny as in BMI < 15 you'd be a high risk of multiple organ failure, hair and teeth loss, osteoporosis etc

This :yy:
Awwwwww *hugs*

I wish you all the luck in getting yourself healthy.

Thanks. But healthy isn't a thing that I think is possible for me. I don't remember being healthy.
Thanks. But healthy isn't a thing that I think is possible for me. I don't remember being healthy.

What is it you find so unhealthy? Like, why do you think you have an eating disorder?
Super skinny
Reply 37
Super skinny!

:hugs: it's so ridiculous that the NHS does this. Eugh. You wouldn't turn away someone with cancer just because it isn't 'bad' enough -___-. Have you watched any of LouFederer's videos on YouTube? I personally find her very helpful to watch at times, maybe you will too :smile: she has quite a lot on her Anorexia journey and how she overcame it. (also I please hope you don't take any offence to this, just trying to help :colondollar:).

I hope you get the support you need soon :hugs:
What is it you find so unhealthy? Like, why do you think you have an eating disorder?

I have other issues as well and my ED is not the most pressing one. Genuinely? I believe that mental health problems are in my genes and there's not much I can do about that.

Quick Reply

Latest