The Student Room Group

Ukcat/bmat

What's the best way to practice for UKCAT/BMAT? Do the books help? Which books would you recommend? When should I start studying for the exam?
Reply 1
I'm planning to use the books as well as do the past papers. There's a few courses you can do which are helpful.

For the books, just search up UKCAT or BMAT on Amazon and buy the one with the best reviews.

Revise for UKCAT a few weeks before your exam, same with BMAT.
Original post by Bashur
I'm planning to use the books as well as do the past papers. There's a few courses you can do which are helpful.

For the books, just search up UKCAT or BMAT on Amazon and buy the one with the best reviews.

Revise for UKCAT a few weeks before your exam, same with BMAT.

Reply 3
Original post by HPooveli
What's the best way to practice for UKCAT/BMAT? Do the books help? Which books would you recommend? When should I start studying for the exam?

I just used that 600 q book, I hear a lot of people raving about medify? Idk though.

Funny story, I did ukcat and couldn't find the calculator so did the whole thing without... It's on the screen, don't be as dumb as me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4

Hey, in my opinion the 600q book is good for all the sections apart from the abstract reasoning - the questions in the book were much harder than the real thing and I don't think I completed many from the book at all. I thought he questions in general are harder in the 600q book than the real thing but it does help prepare you since you'll most likely find the real thing easier.

For abstract reasoning and all the other sections I was fortunate enough to be able to use Kaplan.

Hope this helps a bit :smile:
I found medify more useful than the question books and you can take mock tests which helps :smile:
http://www.medify.co.uk/ukcat/ukcat-online-course
Original post by VK96
Hey, in my opinion the 600q book is good for all the sections apart from the abstract reasoning - the questions in the book were much harder than the real thing and I don't think I completed many from the book at all. I thought he questions in general are harder in the 600q book than the real thing but it does help prepare you since you'll most likely find the real thing easier.

For abstract reasoning and all the other sections I was fortunate enough to be able to use Kaplan.

thank u :smile: and do know any books for bmat?
Original post by VK96

Isn't Kaplan rather expensive? Did u use that for bmat? Did it pay off?
Original post by Picture~Perfect
I found medify more useful than the question books and you can take mock tests which helps :smile:
http://www.medify.co.uk/ukcat/ukcat-online-course

thanks.. I'll check it out :smile:
Reply 9
thank u :smile: and do know any books for bmat?

Isn't Kaplan rather expensive? Did u use that for bmat? Did it pay off?

Hey firstly no sorry, I didn't do the BMAT.

Secondly, yes Kaplan is very expensive, I got lucky in that a friend of mine allowed me to use his subscription when he'd finished with it and there was some time left.
However you don't have to use these courses, I know people who did well just using books they could find. Some other people here will probably know some more books.
Original post by VK96
Hey firstly no sorry, I didn't do the BMAT.

Secondly, yes Kaplan is very expensive, I got lucky in that a friend of mine allowed me to use his subscription when he'd finished with it and there was some time left.
However you don't have to use these courses, I know people who did well just using books they could find. Some other people here will probably know some more books.

Oh ok.. and is it ur first year? Where are u currently studying?
Reply 11
Oh ok.. and is it ur first year? Where are u currently studying?

No I'm still in Year 13 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending