The Student Room Group

Aqa bio empa

Hi guys, i have my bio empa coming up i was doing past year empa papers. I managed only a 31/50 in June 2011 empa. Is that a lot? I check online and the grade boundary for A is 40/50 which i find hard to achieve. Any advice given would be great!
Reply 1
Original post by nira4life
Hi guys, i have my bio empa coming up i was doing past year empa papers. I managed only a 31/50 in June 2011 empa. Is that a lot? I check online and the grade boundary for A is 40/50 which i find hard to achieve. Any advice given would be great!

31/50 is not great. For practical exams, the marks required to attain high grades are unusually high due to the cheating that occurs in various centres.
This year though, the boards are being more strict. Perhaps the grade boundaries will reflect this. I sure hope so!

Familiarizing yourself with the topic of the EMPA as well as practising the 'How Science Works' and Stats questions is the most you can do, I'm afraid.
Reply 2
does anyone know what the topics are this year ? I hsve heard that the trachers know so someone on here might know, just aids revision
Original post by M17_TUP
does anyone know what the topics are this year ? I hsve heard that the trachers know so someone on here might know, just aids revision

You can't discuss live exams anyway, the teacher has to tell you a week before

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Hey guys, how is everyone going about revising for the EMPA? I looked over the topics and practised questions, btw, when is everyone doing task 3?
Reply 5
Bilogy empa... Do we get our table and graph back for task 3

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending