John Lennon vs Paul McCartney

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Xscape
Michael Jackson > Paul McCartney, John Lennon

April fools was a couple of weeks ago, dude :/
Reply 21
Original post by Should_be_studying
April fools was a couple of weeks ago, dude :/

And so was halloween, so why do you still have your mask on?
Original post by Xscape
And so was halloween, so why do you still have your mask on?

Are you high?
Reply 23
Original post by 3 Should_be_studying
Are you high?

Yes, I should probably see 'The Man'!

[video="youtube;eBce2h02oDg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBce2h02oDg[/video]
Reply 24
Original post by Xscape
Yes, I should probably see 'The Man'!

If you're going to use a McCartney-Jackson collaboration, it has to be this!
[video="youtube;aLEhh_XpJ-0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLEhh_XpJ-0&feature=kp[/video]
Reply 25
Original post by ninuzu
If you're going to use a McCartney-Jackson collaboration, it has to be this!
[video="youtube;aLEhh_XpJ-0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLEhh_XpJ-0&feature=kp[/video]

Yes, that one is actually my favourite. I linked 'the man' because it's mostly very unknown since it was featured on Paul McCartney solo album 'pipes of peace'.
Reply 26
Original post by Xscape
Yes, that one is actually my favourite. I linked 'the man' because it's mostly very unknown since it was featured on Paul McCartney solo album 'pipes of peace'.

Wasn't Say Say Say also on Pipes of peace?
I don't listen to much by either, but of what I've heard, I prefer Lennon.
Reply 28
Original post by ninuzu

Nope
Reply 29
Original post by ninuzu

Oh **** it was lol. You learn something new everyday.
Reply 30
Original post by Xscape
Nope

Original post by Xscape
Oh **** it was lol. You learn something new everyday.

Hahaha yeah I thought it was :tongue:
Good album, but not his best. I can't choose between Band on the Run and Venus and Mars....
But I think Red Rose Speedway is underrated - he should've included Hi Hi Hi and C'Moon in the album though....
Reply 31
Original post by ninuzu
Hahaha yeah I thought it was :tongue:
Good album, but not his best. I can't choose between Band on the Run and Venus and Mars....
But I think Red Rose Speedway is underrated - he should've included Hi Hi Hi and C'Moon in the album though....

Not a fan of Paul, have no idea what is and isn't underrated xD Let alone album names
Reply 32
Original post by Xscape
Not a fan of Paul, have no idea what is and isn't underrated xD Let alone album names

Ahh okay haha :tongue: You should become one! :wink:
Reply 33
Original post by ninuzu
Ahh okay haha :tongue: You should become one! :wink:

lol, impossible not my taste. But I do know everythng about MJ (apart from what you just corrected me on xD). Unreleased music my famous artists interests me do you know if the Beatles have any songs left to be released or is everything out? By 'released' I mean songs that have also not been leaked.
Reply 34
Original post by Xscape
lol, impossible not my taste. But I do know everythng about MJ (apart from what you just corrected me on xD). Unreleased music my famous artists interests me do you know if the Beatles have any songs left to be released or is everything out? By 'released' I mean songs that have also not been leaked.

I'm sure there must be! But I'm not aware of the ones that they didn't either release as singles or in any albums.... A lot of songs they did write and were used by other artists and never by the beatles themselves. John and Paul did have a jam session in 1974 which was the last known time they played together - but they were both high as ****.
But yeah, I can't help you I'm afraid - although I'd put my house on there being some.
Reply 35
Original post by ninuzu
I'm sure there must be! But I'm not aware of the ones that they didn't either release as singles or in any albums.... A lot of songs they did write and were used by other artists and never by the beatles themselves. John and Paul did have a jam session in 1974 which was the last known time they played together - but they were both high as ****.
But yeah, I can't help you I'm afraid - although I'd put my house on there being some.

I see, but the beatles did break up about 40 years ago, i'd imagine the Beatles estate vault would be similar to Elvis' (who im a fan of) estate who is now just pumping out alternative takes off songs and concert soundboards. What Paul songs would you recommend to me? Out of curiosity just listened to the b-side of 'say say say' imagining to be the worst thing i've heard but it was actually good 'ode to a koala bear'
Reply 36
Original post by Xscape
I see, but the beatles did break up about 40 years ago, i'd imagine the Beatles estate vault would be similar to Elvis' (who im a fan of) estate who is now just pumping out alternative takes off songs and concert soundboards. What Paul songs would you recommend to me? Out of curiosity just listened to the b-side of 'say say say' imagining to be the worst thing i've heard but it was actually good 'ode to a koala bear'

Band on the run as an album is great - and the single band on the run is pretty good too. Although you might need to bare with it, it's like 3 songs in 1.
Maybe I'm amazed, no more lonely nights, uncle albert/admiral halsey, coming up (this made Lennon come out of retirement), live and let die, mull of kintyre, ebony and ivory, silly love songs, nineteen hundred and eighty five, venus and mars/rock show.
I could go on..... You can probably tell :tongue:
Reply 37
Original post by ninuzu
Band on the run as an album is great - and the single band on the run is pretty good too. Although you might need to bare with it, it's like 3 songs in 1.
Maybe I'm amazed, no more lonely nights, uncle albert/admiral halsey, coming up (this made Lennon come out of retirement), live and let die, mull of kintyre, ebony and ivory, silly love songs, nineteen hundred and eighty five, venus and mars/rock show.
I could go on..... You can probably tell :tongue:

What do you think of George Michael? Elton called him the next Paul McCartney
Reply 38
Original post by Xscape
What do you think of George Michael? Elton called him the next Paul McCartney

From what I've heard, he's alright but I wouldn't put him in the same league as Macca.
This is wrong. You shouldn't be comparing Lennon and McCartney, two absolute legends, because they're a partnership.

John Lennon is my hero. I prefer his songs, they aren't as 'nice'.

Lennon constantly tried to challenge the boundaries of music. Listen to 'Tomorrow Never Knows', 'Rain' and 'I Feel Fine'.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest