The Student Room Group

Would you rather be homosexual or heterosexual?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by syrettd
As a girl, heterosexual. If I was a guy I think it would be pretty awesome to be gay (if you take out the ocassional homophobia you'd face). On a slightly related note, I was watching an episode of The IT Crowd with my parents the other day, it had a musical called 'Gay' in it, with a song that went 'Willies, willies. I love willies.' Forgetting I was there with my parents, I just started singing along...

I would totally fall for that line :colondollar:

How would you react? Would you just burst out laughing? Because I honestly can't even keep a straight face when saying it.
Reply 21
Original post by SmallTownGirl
Or anyone to someone whose female-bodied.

Can you please not repeatedly remind us of alternative sexual identities? "Queer" (although isn't that a catch-all term for non-heterosexual or non-cisgendered?), transgendered, transexual, and hermaphrodite people exist; we get the point.
Original post by Катя
Homosexual. No need for birth control. Also:
tumblr_inline_n3hq7qzzF71qbad5k.jpg

I'd be sceptical of any sources that are to do with sexual topics, they're more often than not horribly skewered in some way, shape or form by the pride of their participants.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MASTER265
That's what you think :colonhash:

It's what I know. :tongue:
Original post by Bashur
What a stupid question. It's a choice anyway, everyone has this choice in life, it's not as if you don't have a choice.

Everyone has a choice who to have sex with (as long as the other person(s) are consenting) but you can't choose who you're attracted to.
Reply 25
Everyone has a choice who to have sex with (as long as the other person(s) are consenting) but you can't choose who you're attracted to.

So you're telling me there's gay people who don't like being gay? If they don't like it then they could just go out with a girl lol
Reply 26
Original post by The_Dragonborn
How would you react? Would you just burst out laughing? Because I honestly can't even keep a straight face when saying it.

Yep! I love jokes, especially the ones other people would call bad. If a guy used a cheesy chat up line on me they'd be much more appealing than the guys that offer to buy me a drink. Doesn't matter if they're laughing while saying it.
Original post by honeywhite
Can you please not repeatedly remind us of alternative sexual identities? "Queer" (although isn't that a catch-all term for non-heterosexual or non-cisgendered?), transgendered, transexual, and hermaphrodite people exist; we get the point.

I'm sorry I offended your poor cis-self. Should I just forget I exist to make you feel more comfortable? Would that be better?

Ignorant bigot.
Reply 28
Original post by Electricity
As above.

I'm straight, but honestly, I'd rather be bisexual. As it stands right now, this old horse has a choice between approximately 575,940,319 women in his age bracket to ride him. If I were attracted to men in addition, this number would more than double. I'd have my choice of 1,179,530,058 people to ****.

Since, just like damn near every man, my goal is to have as many copulatory partners in as many places as is humanly possible, bisexuality would be beneficial in this regard.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by syrettd
Yep! I love jokes, especially the ones other people would call bad. If a guy used a cheesy chat up line on me they'd be much more appealing than the guys that offer to buy me a drink. Doesn't matter if they're laughing while saying it.

Following it, I'd convince the lady that I actually made up the line myself, and then show them on my phone that I am TSR user: The_Ragonborn and show them I did it myself.

Girl: Hang on, it's not Ragonborn, it's Dragonborn.

Me: The D comes later honey.
Original post by Bashur
So you're telling me there's gay people who don't like being gay? If they don't like it then they could just go out with a girl lol

Not all gay people are attracted to men. Some non-heterosexual people are uncomfortable with that identity and choose to date/have sex with the opposite gender or not date/have sex at all. But they aren't choosing their sexual orientation - merely who their sexual partners are.
Reply 31
I'm sorry I offended your poor cis-self. Should I just forget I exist to make you feel more comfortable? Would that be better?

Ignorant bigot.

Oh, no, I'm not offended. It's just the point's been made several times by the same person (you), that's all.

I agree with you, in fact. There ARE other identities and they do deserve consideration, and I repped your first post for that reason. I'm just saying we understand, that's all.
I'd prefer to be bi; more variety. :wink:

Original post by Катя
Homosexual. No need for birth control.

Also, based on reviews I've heard, lesbian sex > hetero sex.

This lil survey seems to agree. :smug:

tumblr_inline_n3hq7qzzF71qbad5k.jpg

I guess that's kind of to be expected since they know what feels good first hand (no pun intended :biggrin:) - same for gay men.
Reply 33
Original post by Hariex
Being a heterosexual means that I do not have to put up with society's intolerance.

The more interesting question would be: "if there was no controversy over homosexuality, would you still prefer to be a heterosexual?"
were*
Reply 34
I'd rather be homosexual. I hate being heterosexual.
Reply 35
Original post by The_Dragonborn
Following it, I'd convince the lady that I actually made up the line myself, and then show them on my phone that I am TSR user: The_Ragonborn and show them I did it myself.

Girl: Hang on, it's not Ragonborn, it's Dragonborn.

Me: The D comes later honey.

That would definitely work on me. But I'm not an accurate representation of girls out there, so think before you try it :tongue:
Original post by honeywhite
Oh, no, I'm not offended. It's just the point's been made several times by the same person (you), that's all.

I agree with you, in fact. There ARE other identities and they do deserve consideration, and I repped your first post for that reason. I'm just saying we understand, that's all.

Maybe I'm fed up of being treated like I don't exist? And I mentioned alternative identities twice: once to say I'm queer and once to point out not all people who have vaginas are women. That's not excessive. And if you think it is you should rethink your privileges.
Reply 37
Heterosexual.
Reply 38
Original post by Bashur
What a stupid question. It's a choice anyway, everyone has this choice in life, it's not as if you don't have a choice.

Not a stupid question; you're a stupid person. Sexual orientation is inbuilt from when you become sexually capable, and even earlier than that possibly.

A girl who sleeps with other girls to rebel or to prove some kind of point, rather than because she's sexually or romantically attracted to them, isn't a lesbian. She's a straight girl with an attitude problem.
Reply 39
I don't see how anyone isn't bisexual sometimes haha. So, bisexual. I just couldn't answer between the two, I really couldn't. Maybe because I have a boyfriend and we have a very likely future, het? Eh. This is strange thread really.

Quick Reply

Latest