The Student Room Group

Ideas on stopping procrastinating?

Any ideas/tips on how to stop procrastinating and wasting time?
Reply 1
Get rid of your internet connection?
I think the best thing that works for me is to put away the thing that is distracting me away for an hour. For example, I always have to check whatsapp even when I don't get any messages. So what I like to do is just put away my phone somewhere in a cupboard or somewhere where I'm not bothered to get it. Then put in music that makes you productive and hopefully you will stop wasting time.
This would be a good example of procrastinating, what you are asking.
like when I ask people do I have enough time to revise, and don't get round to it but keep asking :tongue:
Best way for me is to watch a motivational video online :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwfhH8yDZQo
Gym or go for a run :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by meenu89
Get rid of your internet connection?

That is not so easy you know. People tend to use the nternet for various of stuff i.e revision etc.
Original post by a729
Any ideas/tips on how to stop procrastinating and wasting time?

Get rid of distractions etc.
Reply 8
It's all about character. And willpower.
Reply 9
Be interested in what you are doing. The moment you get a bit bored would likely be the moment you will start procrastinating.

What I do is I read an interesting article about the subject I'm doing...
Don't make these threads
Reply 11
Seriously I dont think procrastination is as bad as it sounds..Some people work better when under pressure.

Anyway, I think you should find alternate ways to study such as watching videos on youtube. I would write songs to memorize modules such as anatomy or history. Now when it comes to procrastination, just try to study as soon as you finish class. Personally I like studying, although I do procrastinate as well but it has never been an issue for me.

Quick Reply

Latest