The Student Room Group

Iranian MPs condemn Shia killing in Egypt(salafis beat four shias to death)

A group of 190 Iranian lawmakers have strongly condemned the recent beating to death of four Shia Muslims by radical Salafists in Egypt.

In the statement, which was read out during the open session of Majlis on Tuesday, the lawmakers described the “martyrdom of four innocent human beings in Egypt for following the school of the Household of Islam’s Prophet (PBUH)” as a “shameful stain” on the track records of the Salafist clerics “who are trying to protect the interests of the US and the Zionist regime with support from radical Takfiris.”

Takfiris are extremist Muslims that follow a deviated interpretation of Islam often promoted by the Saudi-based Wahhabi sect.
“Scholars in the Muslim world should not remain indifferent towards this violent act,” said the statement, reiterating that there is little doubt that depicting a violent picture of Islam is something desired by the US and other enemies of Islam.
The statement also called on the Egyptian government to launch a probe into the horrible crime in a bid to identify the perpetrators of the act and bring them to justice.

On June 23, several hundred Takfiri extremist killed the four Shias in the village of Abu Mussalam in Giza Province. The extremists then dragged the bodies of the dead on the streets.

Egyptian Prime Minister Hesham Kandil has denounced the deadly incident, saying that he is closely following an investigation into the killing. He has also promised that the culprits would be punished.

The Shia community in Egypt is being targeted by Salafists with the support of a number of regional countries, especially Saudi Arabia and Qatar.

http://www.presstv.com/detail/2013/06/25/310763/iran-mps-slam-shia-killing-in-egypt/

Scroll to see replies

Grand Ayatullah Khamenei

Ayatullah Khamenei, in his position as the Hakim Al-Shari’i has given a Hukm forbidding blood flagellation. A hukm is binding on all Muslims, unlike a fatwa.

Question 1450:
Is hitting oneself with swords halal if it is done in secret? Or is your fatwa in this regard universal?

Answer:
In addition to the fact that it is not held in the common view as manifestations of mourning and grief and it has no precedent at the lifetime of the Imams (a.s.) and even after that and we have not received any tradition quoted from the Infallibles (a.s.) about any support for this act, be it privately or publicly, this practice would, at the present time, give others a bad image of our school of thought. Therefore, there is no way that it can be considered permissible.

A whole host of rulings from the most emminent shia-scholars against self harm: http://tatbir.org/?page_id=98

With regards to insulting the companions, shia's love the loyal companions of Muhammed pbuh. Ofcourse, there are some we do not regard highly, but it is harram to revile and mock them.

Ayatollah Khamenei issued a fatwa, declared unlawful the insulting Prophet's wife Aisha, and any of the Sunni Islamic symbols.

Ayatollah Khamenei issued a fatwa, declared unlawful the insulting Prophet's wife Aisha, and any of the Sunni Islamic symbols.

Islamic World widely welcomed the fatwa, Rohama reported.

The leader of Islamic revolution in response to question announced: "insulting the symbols of the Sunni brothers, including the Prophet Muhammad's wife [Aisha] is forbidden. This includes the women of all prophets and especially the holy Prophet Muhammad ."
Source: Rohama
(edited 9 years ago)
I could not care less as long as they are bombing each other and not the west then let them go ahead
Reply 3
Original post by Zainabahlulbayt
thoughts?

wahabis killing shias, for the average sunni muslim like me who hates both beliefs, this is a good thing :smile:
Original post by farrisraza
wahabis killing shias, for the average sunni muslim like me who hates both beliefs, this is a good thing :smile:

Why the hate on shis ?
Reply 5
Why the hate on shis ?

i dont hate shias, i hate their belief :biggrin:
i dont hate shias, i hate their belief :biggrin:

What aspects? A lot of what you hear online isn't the reality tbh
Reply 7
What aspects? A lot of what you hear online isn't the reality tbh

it's not what i hear it's what i see, where im from in my home country, shias attack on sunni mosque and vise versa. if all muslims just had one belief we would not be in this situation :smile:
it's not what i hear it's what i see, where im from in my home country, shias attack on sunni mosque and vise versa. if all muslims just had one belief we would not be in this situation :smile:

It's sad to see shias vs sunnis tbh, or shias vs wahhabis. The prophet pbuh did intend that and gave us a clear way to all be as united, but as you know what happened in history...

What beliefs of shia muslims do you hate - just out of interest?
Original post by Green Marble
I could not care less as long as they are bombing each other and not the west then let them go ahead

You're sick in the head if you think that.
Reply 10
It's sad to see shias vs sunnis tbh, or shias vs wahhabis. The prophet pbuh did intend that and gave us a clear way to all be as united, but as you know what happened in history...

What beliefs of shia muslims do you hate - just out of interest?

mutah,self harm, slandering/disrespecting the other companions

Brother, there are extremes in every group. If those things were allowed in Shia Islam i would myself be a little puzzled. I am sure you are aware who Ayatullah Khamanei is ? Self harm is forbidden by the majority of our scholars. Maybe you can share this with any shia's you see that go against their own scholars:

Grand Ayatullah Khamenei

Ayatullah Khamenei, in his position as the Hakim Al-Shari’i has given a Hukm forbidding blood flagellation. A hukm is binding on all Muslims, unlike a fatwa.

Question 1450:
Is hitting oneself with swords halal if it is done in secret? Or is your fatwa in this regard universal?

Answer:
In addition to the fact that it is not held in the common view as manifestations of mourning and grief and it has no precedent at the lifetime of the Imams (a.s.) and even after that and we have not received any tradition quoted from the Infallibles (a.s.) about any support for this act, be it privately or publicly, this practice would, at the present time, give others a bad image of our school of thought. Therefore, there is no way that it can be considered permissible.

A whole host of rulings from the most emminent shia-scholars against self harm: http://tatbir.org/?page_id=98

With regards to insulting the companions, shia's love the loyal companions of Muhammed pbuh. Ofcourse, there are some we do not regard highly, but it is harram to revile and mock them.

The leader of Islamic revolution in response to question announced: "insulting the symbols of the Sunni brothers, including the Prophet Muhammad's wife [Aisha] is forbidden. This includes the women of all prophets and especially the holy Prophet Muhammad ."

Lastly, with regards to Mutah, surely it should be allowed? These hadiths are from Sahih Bukhari, please take a look:

Narrated ‘Imran bin Husayn:
"The Verse of Mut’a was revealed in Allah’s Book, so we did it at the time of Allah’s Apostle, and nothing was revealed in Qur’an to make it illegal, nor did the Prophet prohibit it till he died. But a man (who regarded it illegal) expressed what his own mind suggested."

Sahih al-Bukhari, Arabic-English, v6, Hadith #43
Sahih al-Bukhari, Arabic, v2, p375, v6, p34

"A person said according to his personal opinion, and it was Umar."

Sahih Muslim, English version, v2, chapter CDXLII, Tradition #2825
Sahih Muslim, Arabic version, 1980 Edition Pub. in Saudi Arabia, v2, p898, Tradition #166.

Narrated Abu Nadhra: While I was in the company of Jabir Ibn Abdullah (ra), a person came to him and said that Ibn Abbas (ra) and Ibn Zubair differed on the two types of Mut’a (Mut’a of Hajj and Mut’a of women), whereupon Jabir said: We used to do these two during the life time of Allah’s Messenger (S). Umar then forbade us to do them, and so we did not revert to them.

Sahih Muslim, English version, v2, chapter DXLI (titled: Temporary Marriage), Tradition #3250.
Sahih Muslim, Arabic version, 1980 Edition Pub. in Saudi Arabia, v2, p1023, Tradition #17, also v2, p914, Tradition #1249.
Reply 13
Brother, there are extremes in every group. If those things were allowed in Shia Islam i would myself be a little puzzled. I am sure you are aware who Ayatullah Khamanei is ? Self harm is forbidden by the majority of our scholars. Maybe you can share this with any shia's you see that go against their own scholars:

Grand Ayatullah Khamenei

Question 1450:

Answer:

and mutah?
Reply 14
Lastly, with regards to Mutah, surely it should be allowed? These hadiths are from Sahih Bukhari, please take a look:

Narrated ‘Imran bin Husayn:
"The Verse of Mut’a was revealed in Allah’s Book, so we did it at the time of Allah’s Apostle, and nothing was revealed in Qur’an to make it illegal, nor did the Prophet prohibit it till he died. But a man (who regarded it illegal) expressed what his own mind suggested."

Sahih al-Bukhari, Arabic-English, v6, Hadith #43
Sahih al-Bukhari, Arabic, v2, p375, v6, p34

"A person said according to his personal opinion, and it was Umar."

Sahih Muslim, English version, v2, chapter CDXLII, Tradition #2825
Sahih Muslim, Arabic version, 1980 Edition Pub. in Saudi Arabia, v2, p898, Tradition #166.

Narrated Abu Nadhra: While I was in the company of Jabir Ibn Abdullah (ra), a person came to him and said that Ibn Abbas (ra) and Ibn Zubair differed on the two types of Mut’a (Mut’a of Hajj and Mut’a of women), whereupon Jabir said: We used to do these two during the life time of Allah’s Messenger (S). Umar then forbade us to do them, and so we did not revert to them.

Sahih Muslim, English version, v2, chapter DXLI (titled: Temporary Marriage), Tradition #3250.
Sahih Muslim, Arabic version, 1980 Edition Pub. in Saudi Arabia, v2, p1023, Tradition #17, also v2, p914, Tradition #1249.

"Umar then forbade us to do them"?
Reply 15

sorry im not a very islamic person, i dont go into too much depth
Reply 16

and you must have alot of spare time writing all that :biggrin:
"Umar then forbade us to do them"?

No problem, my only aim is to try to show that lot of rumours about shias arent true:smile:

Yes, Hazrat Umar according to hadiths from Al Bukhari was the one who abrogated Mutah. The hadiths clearly show that no?
Reply 18
No problem, my only aim is to try to show that lot of rumours about shias arent true:smile:

Yes, Hazrat Umar according to hadiths from Al Bukhari was the one who abrogated Mutah. The hadiths clearly show that no?

this is what i don't get, do shias think they are better than the companion such as jabir ibn abdullah (ra) if the companion listened to hazrat umar (ra) and stopped, what makes shia think they can still do mutah? surely the companion could have argued the case ?
Reply 19

im not the best muslim lol and i dont really want to get into a debate tbh you will not change my view :smile: debates are long just need to chillout lol :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending