The Student Room Group

Has anyone ever here ever changed teams

Scroll to see replies

You can change football team and nobody can stop you, but if you do odds are it never meant that much to you to begin with. If you really have a passion for the team you "support" and you're actually genuine about that you wouldn't be able to bring yourself to change. It's the whole difference between likers, distant fans, involved fans, and actual supporters. There's multiple levels of engagement with a football club.
Reply 61
Original post by IanDangerously
You can change football team and nobody can stop you, but if you do odds are it never meant that much to you to begin with. If you really have a passion for the team you "support" and you're actually genuine about that you wouldn't be able to bring yourself to change. It's the whole difference between likers, distant fans, involved fans, and actual supporters. There's multiple levels of engagement with a football club.

But that's a good thing. Getting obsessively attached to a group of players that you have no real connection with is not a healthy thing for an adult to be admitting to.
Original post by Soso2
I'm planning on going from Spurs to Man United

Why go to a club where you're not going to get Champions League action....at least keep it local and stay in London what about Arsenal?
Reply 63
Changing football teams is pathetic.

I only know of one guy who has done it- City to Arsenal - nobody takes him seriously.
Reply 64
On a lower key, I was a Nottingham Forest fan, born and raised Nottingham lad, still am. The idea was I would get a Mansfield Town season ticket and, if I stuck with it, I'd get a Forest one the next year. Mansfield reached the playoffs, and lost. My dad gave me the money to get a Forest season ticket, he knew I could do it. But I now supported Mansfield Town, I wanted nothing more than to see them make it up into the football league. I'm in my third season now, I love watching the game, where I sit, the atmosphere, all of it. I love that if you shout, the pitchside can hear you, so you can pose for the cameraman when he sees you. It's great, COYS!

Original post by MagicNMedicine
Why go to a club where you're not going to get Champions League action....at least keep it local and stay in London what about Arsenal?

Dude, there's Spurs -> United and then there's Spurs ->Arsenal. The latter? People have died for less.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 65
Original post by IanDangerously

You go to games regularly?
Reply 66
Original post by maddo
On a lower key, I was a Nottingham Forest fan, born and raised Nottingham lad, still am. The idea was I would get a Mansfield Town season ticket and, if I stuck with it, I'd get a Forest one the next year. Mansfield reached the playoffs, and lost. My dad gave me the money to get a Forest season ticket, he knew I could do it. But I now supported Mansfield Town, I wanted nothing more than to see them make it up into the football league. I'm in my third season now, I love watching the game, where I sit, the atmosphere, all of it. I love that if you shout, the pitchside can hear you, so you can pose for the cameraman when he sees you. It's great, COYS!

Dude, there's Spurs -> United and then there's Spurs ->Arsenal. The latter? People have died for less.

Repped, I personally love it when small clubs do under dogs and beat clubs in the high tier, like Bradford, last season, there not local but it's those moments if you support smaller clubs which make it magical.

GL to Mansfield mate
Reply 67
Original post by Zeroic
Repped, I personally love it when small clubs do under dogs and beat clubs in the high tier, like Bradford, last season, there not local but it's those moments if you support smaller clubs which make it magical.

GL to Mansfield mate

Returned, lower clubs show real love because you don't support them for any other reason.

GL to Bradford, keep the dream alive.
Reply 68
Original post by maddo
Returned, lower clubs show real love because you don't support them for any other reason.

GL to Bradford, keep the dream alive.

Lol I support West Ham, but yeah, if you can't support your club through the bad times dont support them through the good times, in all honestly I wished I picked a smaller club to support, so I could go through more drama, but West Ham okay, who knows were we'll be after the Olympic Stadium
Reply 69
Original post by Zeroic
Lol I support West Ham, but yeah, if you can't support your club through the bad times dont support them through the good times, in all honestly I wished I picked a smaller club to support, so I could go through more drama, but West Ham okay, who knows were we'll be after the Olympic Stadium

Oh, you should have said... yeah West Ham are ****...

CASUALJOKEPLEASEDONTHATEMEIVESEENWESTHAMFANSTHEYREBIGANDMEANANDSCARYANDISAWTHEMLOSEFIVENILINTHECUPATTHECITYGROUNDIMNOTJUSTSAYINGTHEYREBADFORNOREASON.

<GASP>

You don't want the drama we have, some games you feel like hurling yourself over the stand and letting the lower tier just swallow you up. You can go to lower clubs anytime for real drama, that's what Sunday league's for! Not that you'd be able to tell the difference, what with West Ham...

CASUALJOKEAGAINPLEASEDONTHATEMEANDBURNMYHOUSEDOWNIVESEENWESTHAMFANSTHEYREBIGANDMEANANDSCARYANDISAWTHEMLOSEFIVENILINTHECUPATTHECITYGROUNDIMNOTJUSTSAYINGTHEYREBADFORNOREASON
Reply 70
Original post by maddo
Oh, you should have said... yeah West Ham are ****...

CASUALJOKEPLEASEDONTHATEMEIVESEENWESTHAMFANSTHEYREBIGANDMEANANDSCARYANDISAWTHEMLOSEFIVENILINTHECUPATTHECITYGROUNDIMNOTJUSTSAYINGTHEYREBADFORNOREASON.

<GASP>

You don't want the drama we have, some games you feel like hurling yourself over the stand and letting the lower tier just swallow you up. You can go to lower clubs anytime for real drama, that's what Sunday league's for! Not that you'd be able to tell the difference, what with West Ham...

CASUALJOKEAGAINPLEASEDONTHATEMEANDBURNMYHOUSEDOWNIVESEENWESTHAMFANSTHEYREBIGANDMEANANDSCARYANDISAWTHEMLOSEFIVENILINTHECUPATTHECITYGROUNDIMNOTJUSTSAYINGTHEYREBADFORNOREASON

PLEASETELLMEYOUHATEBIGSAMANDNOTWESTHAM lol

Lol by smaller team I meant by Leyton, Charlton, Wimbledon, but I'm down East and West Ham are my local so it was bound to happen
Reply 71
Original post by Zeroic
PLEASETELLMEYOUHATEBIGSAMANDNOTWESTHAM lol

Lol by smaller team I meant by Leyton, Charlton, Wimbledon, but I'm down East and West Ham are my local so it was bound to happen

There's not a better reason needed than that. Football support is like art; in essence, the only reason it exists is because you believe it exists. Up the Hammers guv!
Huh, I clicked on this thread expecting to see people having a discussion about switching from straight to gay and vice versa.

I'll leave now.
Reply 73
Original post by maddo
There's not a better reason needed than that. Football support is like art; in essence, the only reason it exists is because you believe it exists. Up the Hammers guv!

:biggrin::cool:
Reply 74
Original post by Blast Tyrant
Huh, I clicked on this thread expecting to see people having a discussion about switching from straight to gay and vice versa.

I'll leave now.

Arguably, so did I, and I was going to make a football joke, go figure.

EDIT NOTE: As this is the 6th/7th mistake tonight, I'm going to get some sleep now I think...
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 75
Original post by Xscape
Lol don't worry about him he's just a chinese boy trying to make discussion on a european forum. The first thing that comes into his mind "herro let me make a discussion on why there is more to supporting a team then the players, this doesn't work - let me call him a troll"

Dude I grew up in Britain. Don't make yourself feel superior by refering to this as a european forum. Make discussion isn't even a phrase.

Im sure there are more people who agree with me than you. You lot clearly never supported a football team, or any other sport team for that matter. Ask any football fan and he'll repeat what I just said.
Deciding to change clubs is not an easy decision to make. It's like replacing your family pet with another pet.
You'd have to be pushed to the limit like with Ebacorium? ( former united fan, now a chelsea fan) to change.

If you .feel that your hands are forced then change by all means.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 77
Original post by KongShou
Dude I grew up in Britain. Don't make yourself feel superior by refering to this as a european forum. Make discussion isn't even a phrase.

Im sure there are more people who agree with me than you. You lot clearly never supported a football team, or any other sport team for that matter. Ask any football fan and he'll repeat what I just said.

"I support the spirit!"
Reply 78
Original post by Xscape
"I support the spirit!"

"I am a Troll!"
Reply 79
Original post by KongShou
"I am a Troll!"

"I have a terrible argument. Last resort? Call him a troll!"

Quick Reply

Latest