The Student Room Group

How many hours are you revising each day?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LadyUchiha
aah interesting, well as long as it works for you. Tbh i cannot learn with posters or mind maps at all. My one is the boring method of using the speification to learn everything then past papers

Oh I did forget to mention that, the specification is my bible! ahah
Reply 1081
Original post by jorose10
Oh I did forget to mention that, the specification is my bible! ahah

Preach! 🙌👏:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I need motivation right now :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kendellex
I need motivation right now :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't revise and you'll have wasted a year, money if applicable, and you're closer to spending the rest of your life unhappy as you are bored out of your skull 5 days a week for minimum wage. No money, no holidays, no freedom, not even doing a job that makes a positive change to the world. Just going through the motions until you die, in your last moments wishing you could go there and do this.

How's that?
Original post by ozzyoscy
Don't revise and you'll have wasted a year, money if applicable, and you're closer to spending the rest of your life unhappy as you are bored out of your skull 5 days a week for minimum wage. No money, no holidays, no freedom, not even doing a job that makes a positive change to the world. Just going through the motions until you die, in your last moments wishing you could go there and do this.

How's that?

Woah harsh.
But effective aha!
Thanks (:

Posted from TSR Mobile
figured out I only need to get CCB to get AAA overall in biology/maths/chemistry...hahahah but obviously aiming for A*A*A*
Original post by ocelot92
figured out I only need to get CCB to get AAA overall in biology/maths/chemistry...hahahah but obviously aiming for A*A*A*

I'm something similar for maths, geography and biology. Although I need to actually get an A in chemistry to move up (I hate ccea aha)

Posted from TSR Mobile
At AS it feels like I did way more work than I'm doing now for A2. I need to step it up, but feel demotivated after 3 hours... :/
That's mad aha! I'm really organised but I don't put that much work in! I do hour burst from 9-7 with breaks for lunch and dinner and a break between each subject change (to clean my mind). I can only work efficiently for around 50 minutes so there is no point of me working 3 hours. I have 14 exams in the summer (10 A2 and 4 AS)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have 18 lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
No idea how/why people are revising 6 hours a day. I guess it's personal? I only need about 4 past papers worth of maths revision and I'm fine but this thread really scares me! I get paranoid thinking maybe I'm not doing enough even though I feel as though I know most of my stuff...
Original post by kiwiboy527
No idea how/why people are revising 6 hours a day. I guess it's personal? I only need about 4 past papers worth of maths revision and I'm fine but this thread really scares me! I get paranoid thinking maybe I'm not doing enough even though I feel as though I know most of my stuff...

Depends on how you revise and what you're aiming for.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm something similar for maths, geography and biology. Although I need to actually get an A in chemistry to move up (I hate ccea aha)

Posted from TSR Mobile

CCEA chemistry, I know dem feels, it's an awful board :frown:

When did you start revising for it?
Like 6 hours ... That's all my mind can take !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Feel like I should've replaced the 2 hours I spent playing Dead Island revising today.

Cone of shame.

Exams are memory tests. Most people don't have photographic recall.

Everyone is different in terms of how they revise; if you think your technique is good then continue to use it. A lot of people have a different amount of exams in the summer too, so some do more than others or vice versa. It's about how confident you are with your subjects, I wouldn't worry if you feel you know most of your stuff.
Hours. :lol:
I find it so hard to believe that people actually are physically able to revise 4+ hrs a day.wuuut?!

Something must be wrong with me attention span; the max I can do is 3hrs with plenty of breaks in between atleast 4 x a week due to part time slavery at R.I.

then again, even if I didt have work,the max I could do is 4 revision days a week otherwise I get so fed up &bored of my work!am I the only one or somethingg:dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TSRuserrr9
I find it so hard to believe that people actually are physically able to revise 4+ hrs a day.wuuut?!

Something must be wrong with me attention span; the max I can do is 3hrs with plenty of breaks in between atleast 4 x a week due to part time slavery at R.I.

then again, even if I didt have work,the max I could do is 4 revision days a week otherwise I get so fed up &bored of my work!am I the only one or somethingg:dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

In 2 months' time, I can play for as much as I want for a good few months. So now I work.
Reply 1099
Original post by Fayadh56
Thank you! :smile:

I was thinking of taking Further Math, and D1 as I'm doing engineering. But I'll have to study on my own, is it possible? :smile:

How easy is FP1?

I think FP1 is quite easy but FP2 and FP3 are harder.
I tried to self study M3 and M4 but the school is giving me so much work, I never seem to have the time.

Quick Reply