The Student Room Group

Man beheads girlfriend

Scroll to see replies

its amazing the differences of coverage these stories get. for example the lee rigby story, white guy+in the army, yeh fair enough it was in public as in they caught soMe of it on film. Thats like the biggest story last year in britain. First i've heard of this, and not to be crude (but i'm gonna) he even got her head off.
What in the world happened. No one deserves that.
Original post by consumed by stuff
its amazing the differences of coverage these stories get. for example the lee rigby story, white guy+in the army, yeh fair enough it was in public as in they caught soMe of it on film. Thats like the biggest story last year in britain. First i've heard of this, and not to be crude (but i'm gonna) he even got her head off.

Yes, it was white privilege which got the Lee Rigby story more coverage and this one involving an Asian victim got swept under the rug because of her skin colour.

Totally nothing to do with Lee Rigby (guys murder random soldier in broad daylight to invoke political change through violence and fear, i.e. terrorism) vs this story (mental illness + domestic violence).

Totally racial now you think of it.

There was a case of a Muslim British soldier being murdered by Muslims for joining BAF, but as far as I'm aware that was personal, i.e. people who knew him, rather than trying to invoke political change.

The deaths of all three are, of course, equally sad losses for this country.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Snagprophet
Yes, it was white privilege which got the Lee Rigby story more coverage and this one involving an Asian victim got swept under the rug because of her skin colour.

Totally nothing to do with Lee Rigby (guys murder random soldier in broad daylight to invoke political change through violence and fear, i.e. terrorism) vs this story (mental illness + domestic violence).

Totally racial now you think of it.

Well thats one way to put it. They were two nutters a the end of the day. They didn't have links to ****. The taliban have fought wars against the soviets, british and americans. Your telling me they sent them on a mission to in a car, plough into one guy (who has to be in the army) stab him and attempt to cut his head off before going into negotiations which some granny in the middle of road. Before waiting around for the police like they hadn't quite thought what to do next. They both just mental health/horrific violence stories on fairly equal levels when you take away the bull**** about it being terrorism.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending