The Student Room Group

Has anyone ever here ever changed teams

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
why is this even a thread?
Reply 81
Original post by maddo
On a lower key, I was a Nottingham Forest fan, born and raised Nottingham lad, still am. The idea was I would get a Mansfield Town season ticket and, if I stuck with it, I'd get a Forest one the next year. Mansfield reached the playoffs, and lost. My dad gave me the money to get a Forest season ticket, he knew I could do it. But I now supported Mansfield Town, I wanted nothing more than to see them make it up into the football league. I'm in my third season now, I love watching the game, where I sit, the atmosphere, all of it. I love that if you shout, the pitchside can hear you, so you can pose for the cameraman when he sees you. It's great, COYS!

Dude, there's Spurs -> United and then there's Spurs ->Arsenal. The latter? People have died for less.

Thats great, but you realise you are paying good money to watch people who are **** at their job? It doesn't make any sense.

If they were any good at football they wouldn't be playing for Mansfield Town.

I've seen plenty of league 1/league 2 football, and the standard is ****ing dreadful, the beautiful game it is not.

Fair play to you but you've got to have a masochist strike as wide as the Severn to put yourself through that every week.
Reply 82
It's more about enjoying yourself at the game, the atmosphere etc.
Reply 83
Original post by Xscape
"I have a terrible argument. Last resort? Call him a troll!"

"I don't have an argument. Last resort? Mentioned the fact that he called me a troll!"
Reply 84
Original post by KongShou
"I don't have an argument. Last resort? Mentioned the fact that he called me a troll!"

LOL. My argument is that football team supporters support nothing more than the team players. And maybe for you... the ball boys. 'Spirits' don't exist lmao.
Reply 85
Original post by Xscape
LOL. My argument is that football team supporters support nothing more than the team players. And maybe for you... the ball boys. 'Spirits' don't exist lmao.

Team players change. You dont see me supporting the ten different clubs that United players moved to since I supported them. I support the club. Regardless of who plays for them. Srsly. Ask any football fan.
Reply 86
Team players change. You dont see me supporting the ten different clubs that United players moved to since I supported them. I support the club. Regardless of who plays for them. Srsly. Ask any football fan.

What on earth is 'supporting the club' what does that consist of? The outfit, the seats in the stadium?
Reply 87
Original post by Soso2
I'm planning on going from Spurs to Man United, because they were my first team, love them secretly, but everyone thinks I'm die hard spurs fan, so I just wondering any body here ever changed teams and how did you tell your friends?

Even my teachers discuss spurs with me what am I going to tell them.

Original post by Betelgeuse-
I started out supporting man city as a child because parents forced me. When i was 8 I changed to Utd and loved it .. Then Chelsea for 2 years when Roman took over .. This year I am supporting Liverpool and Everton (If Everton get top 4)

Its great because u get to know a lot of styles and players

Original post by Galileo Galilei
A friend of mine changed teams last summer from Arsenal to Spurs, I think it was because of their spending on class players.

What. The. Actual. Fudge.
Reply 88
I can't believe I am actually reading this.
did anyone else think this thread was about....something else?
Reply 90
Original post by Xscape
What on earth is 'supporting the club' what does that consist of? The outfit, the seats in the stadium?

Ask any football fan. I cba. You clearly don't understand what im saying.
Reply 91
Ask any football fan. I cba. You clearly don't understand what im saying.

Or what you say just doesn't make any sense.
Reply 92
Original post by Xscape

Only because you don't support a team. Imagine describing the colour orange to a blind man.
As bad as things are at Villa, I would never change teams.
Reply 94
Original post by Steezy
Only when I was in primary school - supported Chelsea cos all my friends did. Soon came to my senses - Foxes til I die!

Similar situation here. I don't usually watch (association) football, but when I do, I cheer Chelsea on simply because that's where I'm from.

To me, the only real kind of football is the one invented at a public school near Slough (starts with an R, ends with u-g-b-y).
Reply 95
Only because you don't support a team. Imagine describing the colour orange to a blind man.

Completely different example. A blind man can never comprehend what it is like to view a colour. However I can comprehend why somebody supports in a team however you are failing to give a valid reason
Reply 96
Original post by cole-slaw
Thats great, but you realise you are paying good money to watch people who are **** at their job? It doesn't make any sense.

I've seen plenty of league 1/league 2 football, and the standard is ****ing dreadful, the beautiful game it is not.

Fair play to you but you've got to have a masochist strike as wide as the Severn to put yourself through that every week.

you cant have been watching the right teams then - just because players are good doesn't make it entertaining - watching stoke city under pulis or watching Wycombe in league 1/2 ? I know which one id choose, lower league football can just as easily be entertaining as premier league etc
Reply 97
Original post by honeywhite
Similar situation here. I don't usually watch (association) football, but when I do, I cheer Chelsea on simply because that's where I'm from.

To me, the only real kind of football is the one invented at a public school near Slough (starts with an R, ends with u-g-b-y).

I'm not from Chelsea or Leicester though. Support Leicester cos my dad does and he's not even from Leicester...
I like to support whoever is top of the league. I have an image to uphold in the classroom. No way I am going to support losers!!!!!!!!1!
Reply 99
Original post by Xscape

It does. A football team represents an area, a belief, a single goal shared by a community. In many ways, you don't support a team, you are just as involved as every member of the team. You are the team. You can only understand it if you watch the game every week, come rain or shine.

Original post by cole-slaw

See above points.

PS I've seen Mansfield win 7-1 in the Conference, I've seen us lose 4-1 in League 2, they were good games with good football played. I've seen Mansfield play Premier League sides like Liverpool, Middlesbrough (at the time), and tons of Championship games. These were just as good. I watched Accrington Stanley away today, in a six-row standing end alongside a mere 2,000 fans - even this is huge for Accrington. But the sun shone, we sang our hearts out, and when Speighty hit the net we could've been anywhere, it was a great day out.

I don't remember where the quote is from, but 'the first thing you learn about football, is it isn't about the football'

Quick Reply

Latest