The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
allow gassing me up lol, i think we should collectively, as a football forum, nominate yaboy.

We may as well not have a mod, haha.
Reply 201
Also is the football mod always an arsenal fan? Is that tradition or something?
Original post by Pete_91

There's just so many of them that it's unavoidable
Original post by sr90
It's quite hard thinking of someone in here who would do a proper job tbh. You'd want a good, active poster who is impartial, not overly biased towards their own team and who knows the difference between wumming and trolling.

Could we get a sticky/announcement or something in here saying there is a spot open? A lot of the ''regulars'' in here don't actively read this thread, either because they aren't Arsenal fans or they steer clear due to the issues you raised in the rest of your post.

Cheers for the useful post :yy: Your description is pretty much spot on, really. Yeah sure, I'll get an announcement up later, maybe tomorrow. Was planning one anyone and I wouldn't want to condemn people to read the Arsenal thread for such news :wink:

Original post by Pete_91
Why is there only one football mod? Seems unbelievably active, doesn't that warrant at least 2 mods?

It's partly why myself and Vlad posted in here really, it is an active forum - and the lack of mods hasn't been a deliberate action. We'd love to get some more mods in here as it's clear that just one isn't enough :smile:
Optimistic Everton fan subbing in here.:tongue: ( cue abuse)

Can still see Arsenal dropping points to someone this season , considering their form at the moment.
Reply 205
Original post by mccrae01

Can still see Arsenal dropping points to someone this season , considering their form at the moment.

Our form picked up vs west ham and hopefully it continues. You guys are way more likely to drop points than us.

No abuse, at least you decided to support Everton over Liverpool :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't say for sure Arsenal won't drop points but I'm certain Everton will lose more than us. Hopefully Utd and City will do the damage, they've both got more than enough incentive to beat Everton

Our form is improving now that we've got a bit of confidence back. Ozil, Diaby and Ramsey being back will only boost the team and make our offensive play much better. We've been flat track bullies for most of the season

It seems like nobody at Goodison Park is missing Moyes at all. Is it fair to say he was holding you guys back?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kruz
It seems like nobody at Goodison Park is missing Moyes at all. Is it fair to say he was holding you guys back?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If they finish sixth (very possible if we beat them), how different is it to any other season under Moyes? Besides the fact that they're playing better football and playing to win :colonhash:
Reply 209

Nah, I think they are on the rebound now. They should win all their remaining games.
Moyes did have one good season for Everton (finishing 4th AND above Liverpool but they won CL that year :angry:)
Original post by Kenan and Kel
If they finish sixth (very possible if we beat them), how different is it to any other season under Moyes? Besides the fact that they're playing better football and playing to win :colonhash:

True, Bare in mind he's still living off Moyes's back five. People forget Moyes signed those players and they're performing slightly better than last season. tbh I don't like all this hype over Martinez, he'll get exposed in 2 season time

Original post by shawn_o1
Moyes did have one good season for Everton (finishing 4th AND above Liverpool but they won CL that year :angry:)

Everton did play in the CL but got knocked out by Villarreal in the qualifying rounds playoff. A similar thing would happen even if they qualified this year.*
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 212
Allow no-one voting for me to be a mod- I'm offended :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 213
Original post by sevchenko
True, Bare in mind he's still living off Moyes's back five. People forget Moyes signed those players and they're performing slightly better than last season. tbh I don't like all this hype over Martinez, he'll get exposed in 2 season time

Everton did play in the CL but got knocked out by Villarreal in the qualifying rounds playoff. A similar thing would happen even if they qualified this year.*

In their defence Villarreal did get to the semi's that year and it took a Lehmann penalty save to stop them getting to the final, so that's some seriously bad luck
Roberto Martinez is so overhyped

BRB Inherited class defence and players like Mirallas
BRB Key players like Lukaku on loan and short term
BRB Dropped £28m for Fellaini to spend on players
BRB No improvement on Moyes

Ask yourself this: had City not bottled the FA Cup final, where would Marintez be? In the Championship?

I know Everton dicked us, but we were badly out of form and taking beatings off everyone. Really hope Martinez never ends up at A.F.C
Reply 215
Original post by Pete_91
Why is there only one football mod? Seems unbelievably active, doesn't that warrant at least 2 mods?

There are currently three moderators who moderate Football (along with other forums). I'm one of them. There are also Section Leaders.

You can see who moderates each forum one the right hand side whenever viewing a thread in that forum.

There's a lack of moderators (moderators who do currently moderate are either temporarily away, or have lots of other forums to moderate) but that doesn't mean there's only one moderator.

Original post by Pete_91

I'm not an Arsenal fan (though perhaps I'm not a "proper" football moderator. Mastermind was never an Arsenal fan. Previous moderators weren't :dontknow: I know we had Stu as a mod previously and he supports Newcastle.
(edited 10 years ago)
yaya toure is such a mug as well as nasri, the pair are so clueless lol.
Original post by Pete_91
In their defence Villarreal did get to the semi's that year and it took a Lehmann penalty save to stop them getting to the final, so that's some seriously bad luck

True but the CL have changed the format for qualification. If Everton did qualify they'd face teams who came 3rd/4th in other European leagues. I'd like to see how They'd do against anyone of the top 3 in Spain, Napoli, Schalke etc
Reply 218
Original post by River85
There are currently three moderators who moderate Football (along with other forums). I'm one of them. There are also Section Leaders.

You can see who moderates each forum one the right hand side whenever viewing a thread in that forum.

There's a lack of moderators (moderators who do currently moderate are either temporarily away, or have lots of other forums to moderate) but that doesn't mean there's only one moderator.

I'm not an Arsenal fan (though perhaps I'm not a "proper" football moderator. Mastermind was never an Arsenal fan. Previous moderators weren't :dontknow: I know we had Stu as a mod previously and he supports Newcastle.

Fair enough.

Wrt the second point I was more joking about it being mentioned only in the arsenal thread (and abiraleft was a fan of afc).
Original post by Pete_91

It warrants 3 more, in my opinion.

Latest