The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
Federer might actually win!
Reply 501
Poo, Tsonga a break up.
Reply 502
Incredible win for Ferrer! Nadal is now 1-3 against Top 10 for 2014 so far, at the same stage last year he was 5-0. Only his 3rd loss in Monte Carlo as well.
Reply 503
Ridiculous. Cannot understand how Roger is able to keep his composure - 0/13 on break points

Choked on break point, choked on set points but finally secures the second set 7-6 (8-6)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 504
Federer totally cleaning up in the third; 5-1. Astounding mental strength this match. I really feel for Tsonga...
Original post by Krish4791
Ridiculous. Cannot understand how Roger is able to keep his composure - 0/13 on break points

Choked on break point, choked on set points but finally secures the second set 7-6 (8-6)

Tbf Tsonga is one of the best when it comes to winning when opponents have break points
Reply 506
Any of you guys actually play tennis?
Reply 507
Original post by james1211
Any of you guys actually play tennis?

Yes - I play tennis and squash the most
Reply 508
Original post by jackclarke1995
Tbf Tsonga is one of the best when it comes to winning when opponents have break points

That is true - full credit to Tsonga he actually hit winners on most of the BPs, but unfortunately for him he couldn't quite keep it together in set 3.
Reply 509
Yes - I play tennis and squash the most

Cool. I'm playing my first tennis game in about 7 months tomorrow. We played badminton in the winter season. I think i remember struggling with aim a bit, i used to hit the ball too hard and send it out the court. Is there a way of learning to aim down better?
Reply 510
Original post by james1211
Cool. I'm playing my first tennis game in about 7 months tomorrow. We played badminton in the winter season. I think i remember struggling with aim a bit, i used to hit the ball too hard and send it out the court. Is there a way of learning to aim down better?

Probably be good for you to check your wrist action - maybe generate more topspin and that'll increase the chances of the ball landing in play. I find that a good follow through is also important, so I make sure I roll the wrist and roll the racket over the top of the ball on the way through (whether it be forehand or backhand)

Try practise one shot after another from the same position until you feel the balance is right
Reply 511
Probably be good for you to check your wrist action - maybe generate more topspin and that'll increase the chances of the ball landing in play. I find that a good follow through is also important, so I make sure I roll the wrist and roll the racket over the top of the ball on the way through (whether it be forehand or backhand)

Try practise one shot after another from the same position until you feel the balance is right

I'll give those a try tomorrow, thanks :smile:
Reply 512
Original post by Pistol 33
Nadal still GOAT

Which is especially why his loss was all the more shocking...
Reply 513
So, Federer vs Djokovic and Wawrinka vs Ferrer! Should be 2 very good battles tomorrow
Reply 514
Here's an interesting point, the winner of this tournament will lead the race to London.
Reply 515
Strategic tank by Nadal to prepare for Barcelona
Reply 516
Brilliant 1st set. Too bad Novak started feeling the effects of his injury in the 2nd set. Hope he recovers in time for the FO.

Hopefully Fed will finally win MC tomorrow. I've been waiting for this moment forever.
Reply 517
Original post by Roger1
Brilliant 1st set. Too bad Novak started feeling the effects of his injury in the 2nd set. Hope he recovers in time for the FO.

Hopefully Fed will finally win MC tomorrow. I've been waiting for this moment forever.

Roger won! I don't believe it - although Novak was injured

All-Swiss final at last, it could have happened at the AO too!
Reply 518
Roger won! I don't believe it - although Novak was injured

All-Swiss final at last, it could have happened at the AO too!

Not so surprising as Federer is a better match up for Djokovic than players such as Nadal and Federer has been in great form. I hope Djokovic isn't injured too badly hopefully he'll be 100% after some rest. I can't call it tomorrow other than it should be an amazing match with two hungry players for the title :smile:
Reply 519
Original post by lizzy95
Not so surprising as Federer is a better match up for Djokovic than players such as Nadal and Federer has been in great form. I hope Djokovic isn't injured too badly hopefully he'll be 100% after some rest. I can't call it tomorrow other than it should be an amazing match with two hungry players for the title :smile:

Yeah I hope Djokovic is all right, he has been Mr Consistent for the last 3/4 years and it would be great to see if he can win the French this year

Quick Reply

Latest