The Student Room Group

Guys would you date a plus size girl?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jebedee
So if I trashed women on a thread about men you'd keep quiet? Sure.

Why do I care what they exist for when I'm talking about my tastes? My attraction criteria DOES exist for the purpose of my own sex.

Those women are quite tall, have a pretty face, huge boobs and are stretching their arms up (which gives the illusion of being slimmer).

I only use dress sizes because it is something women relate to. I know it is extremely ambiguous but that's probably why women use it. If a man came up with it then it would be straight up inches so no one could hide behind dress size.

No one's trashed men on here.

Their boobs aren't "huge", although they're busty, and they're standing like that because they're lingerie models. But the point is they aren't fat

But it doesn't mean anything! I'll give you an example. I'm quite small, trousers, skirts and dresses are almost always a 6/8, but if I buy vest tops, I have to buy a 10/12 because I'm quite busty and if I buy an 8, it rides up over my tits and looks like a crop top. Do I suddenly become "fat" when I put my vest top on? :curious:

Your entitled to your own opinion but what you're saying is really horrible and rude and will make people feel bad
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
Marilyn Monroe was nowhere near a size 16 by today's standards. She would likely have been an 8 in today's clothing.

Original post by LadyEcliptic
Just passing on what I've been told.

Vintage sizes are different to modenr sizes, so Lavender is correct that Marilyn would have been small by todays standard. She is, however, a healthy and attractive size
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Vintage sizes are different to modenr sizes, so Lavender is correct that Marilyn would have been small by todays standard. She is, however, a healthy and attractive size

Just a bit annoying to see everyone promote curvy plus size and skeleton figures at the same time.
Could be a lot better if the world just shut up for a bit about the issue and just promoted Healy eating or whatever.
Te world is just so caught up in how you are supposed to look.
Reply 283
No one's trashed men on here.

Their boobs aren't "huge", although they're busty, and they're standing like that because they're lingerie models. But the point is they aren't fat

But it doesn't mean anything! I'll give you an example. I'm quite small, trousers, skirts and dresses are almost always a 6/8, but if I buy vest tops, I have to buy a 10/12 because I'm quite busty and if I buy an 8, it rides up over my tits and looks like a crop top. Do I suddenly become "fat" when I put my vest top on? :curious:

Your entitled to your own opinion but what you're saying is really horrible and rude and will make people feel bad

I'm only talking about size in the waist. Obviously you won't hear anything negative from me about a bigger bust. :tongue:
Just a bit annoying to see everyone promote curvy plus size and skeleton figures at the same time.
Could be a lot better if the world just shut up for a bit about the issue and just promoted Healy eating or whatever.
Te world is just so caught up in how you are supposed to look.

I get pissed off with the lack of diversity in modelling. We should have multiple sizes, shapes, ethnicities, disabled women, etc. It should not be one type.
Original post by Jebedee
I'm only talking about size in the waist. Obviously you won't hear anything negative from me about a bigger bust. :tongue:

But it's really common that people have to size up for having a bigger bust! Look, I'm honestly not trying to attack you, and it's cool if you like skinny women, but just don't put larger women down.

I like jazz, doesn't mean I have to say I LOVE JAZZ AND ALL OTHER MUSIC IS ****. I just say "I love jazz
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 286
But it's really common that people have to size up for having a bigger bust! Look, I'm honestly not trying to attack you, and it's cool if you like skinny women, but just don't put larger women down.

I like jazz, doesn't mean I have to sIay I LOVE JAZZ AND ALL OTHER MUSIC IS ****. I just say "I love jazz

I'm not trying to put anyone down. I just hate when people perpetuate this illusion that being fat is a virtue. If people were totally honest with each other then we wouldn't have an obesity epidemic. It isn't female empowerment to be the opposite of what the media deems as attractive. It's just delusional.
Reply 287
See my earlier post regarding dress/bust size.
Reply 288
Like I said, I'm just using dress size to try and convey my meaning. Dress size is a rough guide and it isn't an exact science. But I do feel that above size 10 is a fairly accurate (but imperfect) demonstration of what I consider quite big. Arguing semantics is a bit pointless when we're talking about attraction.
Original post by Jebedee
Like I said, I'm just using dress size to try and convey my meaning. Dress size is a rough guide and it isn't an exact science. But I do feel that above size 10 is a fairly accurate (but imperfect) demonstration of what I consider quite big. Arguing semantics is a bit pointless when we're talking about attraction.

Exactly. So how can you say that everyone above a size 10 or whatever is fat/unattractive/undateable...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 290
Original post by Jebedee

You have every right to have a preference in body type for the women you find attractive. You also have every right to voice it. You don't, however, have the right to insult those that you don't fit your quite strict ideal. That's just unnecessarily rude and makes you come across as a bit arrogant TBH.
Reply 291
Original post by bumblebee342
Exactly. So how can you say that everyone above a size 10 or whatever is fat/unattractive/undateable...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did say it was aside some other factors. (I.E: height).
Reply 292
I would not date a "plus sized" girl, unless there was some guarantee that she will lose some extra fat.

Not only do I find high bodyfat unattractive, but it also often tells you about the person. I personally put a lot of effort into staying and looking fit, so I would hope for my partner to do the same.
I'd rather "fun sized", a.k.a, small and thin :lol:

I get pissed off with the lack of diversity in modelling. We should have multiple sizes, shapes, ethnicities, disabled women, etc. It should not be one type.

...sexy wheel chair girls?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 294
Original post by Sunny_Smiles
I'd rather "fun sized", a.k.a, small and thin :lol:

...sexy wheel chair girls?

And we'd rather "fun sized" a.k.a ten inches! We're often left unsatisfied too.:biggrin:
Original post by Cobbler
And we'd rather "fun sized" a.k.a ten inches! We're often left unsatisfied too.:biggrin:

I could buy a strap on though :sexface: problem solved
although my penis isn't that small, it's a full half inch - the ladies say it's really cute
here's mine: (warning, explicit)

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
What size do you deem fat though? The average size of UK women is a 16 apparently. Kim kardashian is a 14, Kelly brook is a 10/12, Marilyn Monroe was a 16 - but I would not deem them fat. If they had muffin tops and saddle bags, then that's probably where I would say. I don't,like to use the word fat though. That's like saying everyone is fingernails because ye have fingernails, and everyone has fat. Obese would be better to use.

16 in the 1950s is smaller than today though, and that was only at one point in her career. The rest of the time she was tiny - 35-22-35 - a very defined hourglass unobtainable for most.
Reply 298
Original post by Sunny_Smiles
here's mine: (warning, explicit)

Spoiler

:eek:
Original post by historygirl
16 in the 1950s is smaller than today though, and that was only at one point in her career. The rest of the time she was tiny - 35-22-35 - a very defined hourglass unobtainable for most.

I think we've established this point already.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending