The Student Room Group

TSR Christian Society (X-SOC) Episode IV: A New Hope

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Joannywhite
Woohoo welcome back. Happy Good Friday :h:

Thank you! The same to you and all your loved ones. And everyone else in the Soc!

Priest gave a good homily and it wasn't too long either :awesome: I was well impressed, despite feeling zonked :tongue:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Back in the UK now :nutcase:

Welcome back :h:

How does it feel to be back home after an eventful trip? What would you say were the highlights of your trip, and the best experiences thereof?
So wonderful to have a day to focus on Jesus and everything he has done for us. I pray you all have a wonderful Easter break and have time to draw near to our precious saviour Jesus Christ.

This youtube link is a short (29 mins or so) Easter message I saw today on God tv and really enjoyed it so wanted to share:smile:

The video can't be broadcast so I've just added the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl4zJG6zkeY
Reply 3063
Thank you! The same to you and all your loved ones. And everyone else in the Soc!

Priest gave a good homily and it wasn't too long either :awesome: I was well impressed, despite feeling zonked :tongue:

Glad you're back safely! :jumphug:

Also glad I'm not the only one who uses 'zonked' as an adjective :tongue: :five:
Original post by ash92:)
Welcome back :h:

How does it feel to be back home after an eventful trip? What would you say were the highlights of your trip, and the best experiences thereof?

It feels quite weird tbh. I think I must have dissociated heavily whilst in the Holy Land, coz it's only now that it strikes me the enormity of what I saw and did :colondollar:

It's hard to pinpoint highlights, since everything we saw was quite profound and striking. I think walking down the Via Dolorosa probably stood out for me the most :yes:

Original post by Mazzini
Glad you're back safely! :jumphug:

Also glad I'm not the only one who uses 'zonked' as an adjective :tongue: :five:

:awesome: :five: :yay:
Reply 3065
Hello Everyone,
It is Easter Sunday tomorrow, what has this Jesus done for you?
Original post by orebach
Hello Everyone,

He has showered his unconditional love on me. That love that I so do not deserve :heart:
Original post by orebach
Hello Everyone,

Philippians 4:6-7
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

This is what that Jesus has done for me.:smile:
It feels quite weird tbh. I think I must have dissociated heavily whilst in the Holy Land, coz it's only now that it strikes me the enormity of what I saw and did :colondollar:

It's hard to pinpoint highlights, since everything we saw was quite profound and striking. I think walking down the Via Dolorosa probably stood out for me the most :yes:

:awesome: :five: :yay:

Awesome :h:

What's the Via Dolorosa? I've heard of it but have no idea what it is.
Original post by ash92:)
Awesome :h:

What's the Via Dolorosa? I've heard of it but have no idea what it is.

I'm sure TLG will give an answer but just to say I too have walked this path when I visited Israel and for a Christian it is a very emotional experience.

The Via Dolorosa is Latin for the "Way of Suffering,(or grief)." It is in the old city of Jerusalem. This is the path Jesus took, carrying his cross to Golgotha hill, the site of his crucifixion.

John 19 v 17

So he then handed Him over to them to be crucified. They took Jesus, therefore, and He went out, bearing His own cross, to the place called the Place of a Skull, which is called in Hebrew, Golgotha. There they crucified Him, and with Him two other men, one on either side, and Jesus in between...
Original post by Grace by Yahweh
I'm sure TLG will give an answer but just to say I too have walked this path when I visited Israel and for a Christian it is a very emotional experience.

The Via Dolorosa is Latin for the "Way of Suffering,(or grief)." It is in the old city of Jerusalem. This is the path Jesus took, carrying his cross to Golgotha hill, the site of his crucifixion.

John 19 v 17

So he then handed Him over to them to be crucified. They took Jesus, therefore, and He went out, bearing His own cross, to the place called the Place of a Skull, which is called in Hebrew, Golgotha. There they crucified Him, and with Him two other men, one on either side, and Jesus in between...

Oh, I see. That experience of walking the same path must have been quite something. Thanks for the explanation :yy:
Original post by Grace by Yahweh

I was there just a few hours ago. The Old City was practically bursting with Christians participating in the 'holy fire' ceremony.
Reply 3072
Christ is risen!
Original post by Mazzini
Christ is risen!

Christ will come again!
Reply 3074
Original post by Three Mile Sprint
Christ will come again!

Alleluia!
Original post by Mazzini
Alleluia!

Do you know what, it's Easter Sunday, I am up alone with the baby and for some reason I am feeling very filled with love right now.

I think ill take her to Church this morning.
Reply 3076
Do you know what, it's Easter Sunday, I am up alone with the baby and for some reason I am feeling very filled with love right now.

I think ill take her to Church this morning.

N'aww :h:

She's very cute :yep:
Original post by Mazzini
N'aww :h:

She's very cute :yep:

She's very noisy, if nothing else the pram walk down will knock her out.

Oh Mazzini...why am I so faithfully challenged?

Some days I want to hit Christianity with a big stick till it bleeds, other days everything about it appeals to me on such a raw spiritual level...,..give me some deep and profound advice!
Reply 3078
She's very noisy, if nothing else the pram walk down will knock her out.

Oh Mazzini...why am I so faithfully challenged?

Some days I want to hit Christianity with a big stick till it bleeds, other days everything about it appeals to me on such a raw spiritual level...,..give me some deep and profound advice!

What gets you about it? :hugs:
Original post by Mazzini
Christ is risen!

and us with him :eek:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending