The Student Room Group

What were your favourite books when you were a kid?

for me - the BFG

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Matilda.
Reply 2
I loved reading Funnybones when I was really young.
Reply 3
the faraway tree stories were my ultimate favourite. I loved the wishing chair series too, basically everything by Enid Blyton
Heidi
Reply 5
One of my favourite books was Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by the late Roald Dahl.
Angelina Ballerina I almost died when I got them signed :woo:
I also had a Mermaid book which I loved to pieces, my alphabet books, and of course, Disney Princesses.
I was a weird child and I loved reading about Science and History so I loved reading those too :smile:
Secret seven ^^
Reply 8
Rover Saves Christmas - Roddy Doyle
Reply 9
Original post by deedee123
the faraway tree stories were my ultimate favourite. I loved the wishing chair series too, basically everything by Enid Blyton

Yes well Enid Blyton wrote so many for all aged of children. There were the Secret Seven books also The famous five which were eventually made into a TV series. Does anybody remember The Mr Twiddle Stories? Not sure what age group these were aimed out however as a twelve year old I found these very funny.
Original post by deedee123

SNAP! Loved these books so much. Also the Secret Seven.
Loved Charlie and the chocolate factory, and the BFG as well.
Reply 11
Loved the Artemis Fowl series and Airman by Eoin Colfer, as well as millions of others - I was quite the bookworm!

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Falcon's Malteser.
Reply 13
Original post by The_Dragonborn
The Falcon's Malteser.

That book was awesome!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Adil96m
That book was awesome!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I remember reading it twice after I finished it the first time because there were some absolutely hilarious moments in there!

I never read the others in the series though - have you?
Reply 15
The tiger who came for tea

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Original_Guy
Secret seven ^^

These were probably the books that came to mind first for me as well! I can remember I read them all incredibly quickly, and found it so difficult to put them down. Probably still have them somewhere, aha

Asides from those, I read the Artemis Fowl books, and then the Alex Rider series etc. I, too, was a huge bookworm as a child.
Original post by hbk4894
for me - the BFG

I loved goosebumps books.
I had quite a few of them. In fact, i might still have them in my loft somewhere.

I liked mary kate and ashley books as well.
I had quite a few of those too and might still have them somewhere as well.

There where also several ones by jaqueline wilson i liked- such as candyfloss, jackie daydream and tracy beaker.
Original post by meenu89
Matilda.

I loved the film.
But then i read the book after and was highly disappointed. The film was miles better.
Original post by The.Joker
I loved reading Funnybones when I was really young.

I was unfortunate enough to not have any of the books when i was little.
I loved the tv show though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending