The Student Room Group

Help with Medical Books Recommended reading list for A100 first years

Refering to the reading list here.
http://www.smd.qmul.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/induction/111400.pdf

From Amazon, the new medical physiology and clinical anatomy books cost almost £200 pounds in total. Is there anyway to get them cheaper? Is there anyway to get them for free?
Original post by 1drowssap
Refering to the reading list here.
http://www.smd.qmul.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/induction/111400.pdf

From Amazon, the new medical physiology and clinical anatomy books cost almost £200 pounds in total. Is there anyway to get them cheaper? Is there anyway to get them for free?

Buy it off the year above you, a lot of them if they don't need it will look to sell it on to the younger students
Did they finally see sense and drop Marieb from the list? :wink:
Reply 3
Original post by Iqbal007
Buy it off the year above you, a lot of them if they don't need it will look to sell it on to the younger students

Thanks for the advice. Decided to buy them from the local bookshop in the end. I prefer using books which are newer.
Original post by 1drowssap
Thanks for the advice. Decided to buy them from the local bookshop in the end. I prefer using books which are newer.

Just because they are used, does not mean they are weared down, a lot of students look after these books as they paid for it, however you'll get it at a discount.
Reply 5
Original post by Iqbal007
Just because they are used, does not mean they are weared down, a lot of students look after these books as they paid for it, however you'll get it at a discount.

Well I already bought the Clinically Oriented Anatomy, Color Atlas of Anatomy, and Medical Physiology books, but I will keep that in mind for future purchases.
Reply 6
I see you've already got some, but there is honestly NO NEED to buy books before you start at uni. As you've already seen, they're phenomenally expensive, and you won't need anywhere near all of them. Your uni library will have multiple copies of the most common ones and you can use those until you decide which ones to buy, either from people in higher years or new.

Don't waste any more of your money before starting!

Quick Reply

Latest