The Student Room Group

I'm freaking out big time... minimal revision... biology, chemistry and psychology A2

All I have done for biology and chemistry is read my notes thoroughly and for psychology I am finishing writing up all my essays that I need to learn.... I just feel really stressed, havent touched past papers either >.<

anyone out there able to relax me and let me know what position I am in and if I have time to up my game? thank you...
I do same subjects, and I haven't even done notes. You doing biology aqa?x
Original post by Chloesmith9
I do same subjects, and I haven't even done notes. You doing biology aqa?x

Yeah I do allll my subjects are AQA wby??
Original post by iLoveMyCatsx
All I have done for biology and chemistry is read my notes thoroughly and for psychology I am finishing writing up all my essays that I need to learn.... I just feel really stressed, havent touched past papers either >.<

anyone out there able to relax me and let me know what position I am in and if I have time to up my game? thank you...

Well im only up to Muscle Contraction in biology..... I think you should do a few questions to check your understanding. Anytime you want to smash some biology revision, unit 4 or 5 i would be happy to test and help you revise. The CGP revision guide for biology helps me since it includes everything you need to know.
Well I've got almost no roper notes, haven't finished learning all the content I have the biology EMPA on Wednesday and a chemistry practical exam on Thursday.

I really want to go to university but I don't even know what motivation is anymore
On the up side my brain somehow turns into a sponge the night before the exams :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NathanDYEL
Well im only up to Muscle Contraction in biology..... I think you should do a few questions to check your understanding. Anytime you want to smash some biology revision, unit 4 or 5 i would be happy to test and help you revise. The CGP revision guide for biology helps me since it includes everything you need to know.

Do you mean only up to muscles in revising or actually learning it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ermahgerdexams
Do you mean only up to muscles in revising or actually learning it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

We have finished the course in school but our teacher is useless, so i guess you could say im learning it yeah. I have a basic concept of the idea but its a little more than jogging my memory.
Not doing A2, but taking maths, chemistry, biology and business studies for AS, and if I totalled up all my revision that I've done it'd probably be under 3 hours xD

Edit: hmm..actually..maybe 4 hours..

I reckon you've got enough time to revise effectively - if you're feeling panicky, try some breathing exercises to slow down your breathing and help you keep calm.

There's this youtube channel called CrashCourse - they do some really good revision videos for a2 biology; helped me quite a bit during revision.
Depending on how you like to revise, in the past I've split all of my course content into sections and make a shed load of flash cards - condensing info as much as possible. When it came to the last week before exams it was handy that didn't have pages and pages to sift through, and could just refer to these cards.
Also, TSR have a lot of revision aids, resources and revision notes made by other people - so you could them if you feel like it.
All the best in your exams :smile:
Original post by NathanDYEL
We have finished the course in school but our teacher is useless, so i guess you could say im learning it yeah. I have a basic concept of the idea but its a little more than jogging my memory.

We've only just started learning DNA replication and so far we've only had two lessons which have just been recap stuff, I've had a read over the rest of it and some of the gene therapy looks horrible, there's just so much detail to learn this year and we've done no essay prep :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HBPrincess
I reckon you've got enough time to revise effectively - if you're feeling panicky, try some breathing exercises to slow down your breathing and help you keep calm.

There's this youtube channel called CrashCourse - they do some really good revision videos for a2 biology; helped me quite a bit during revision.
Depending on how you like to revise, in the past I've split all of my course content into sections and make a shed load of flash cards - condensing info as much as possible. When it came to the last week before exams it was handy that didn't have pages and pages to sift through, and could just refer to these cards.
Also, TSR have a lot of revision aids, resources and revision notes made by other people - so you could them if you feel like it.
All the best in your exams :smile:

I love crash course :smile: it's so helpful

Posted from TSR Mobile
Firstly, when's your exam?
Original post by Ermahgerdexams
We've only just started learning DNA replication and so far we've only had two lessons which have just been recap stuff, I've had a read over the rest of it and some of the gene therapy looks horrible, there's just so much detail to learn this year and we've done no essay prep :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeahhh i looked at it today and just when blank at all the information there is too learn. Some of the questions suck, but many are repeated every year so it's not all bad :smile:

In terms of essays we have been doing one every other tuesday for past 2 months. You get a choice of 2 anyway and aslong as you know Unit 4 really well you should be fine for essays.
Original post by suzylemonade
Firstly, when's your exam?

My exams are late may through to late june... a lot of them are within days of eachother, literally like chemistry one day then biology then psychology the next >.<

I don't think the majority of people have started doing papers properly. I know in my school there is only a few that have... I haven't lol. As long as you have made all your notes, I think you are at a bad position :smile: from may. Go crazy on papers !

Quick Reply

Latest