The Student Room Group

Medical Students, How Much Studying Have You Done Over Easter?

Hey, I'm a medical student, and I was just wondering how much studying you guys have been doing over Easter? I've really been struggling for motivation, as I've been really pushing myself up until the waster holidays so that I could get good grades for three coursework assignment that we had due, so I feel a bit burned out now tbh.

How much studying have you guys done?
Gonna move this to the medics section :smile:
Reply 2
It's only the first day of my Easter holidays and I spent it travelling home so none! After far too many years at uni, I like that I have exams before holidays as I can use it to chill out. I don't work well at home anyhow so I tend to limit my time there and go back early to sort out things/do revision as needed. But it does mean I get a bit of time where I can do things like have pyjama days and recuperate.
I have Obs as my next rotation so I am definitely doing some revision

It is coming to the end of the year….so I take a day off and start again.
Original post by Lantana
It's only the first day of my Easter holidays and I spent it travelling home so none! After far too many years at uni, I like that I have exams before holidays as I can use it to chill out. I don't work well at home anyhow so I tend to limit my time there and go back early to sort out things/do revision as needed. But it does mean I get a bit of time where I can do things like have pyjama days and recuperate.

Original post by DorianGrayism
I have Obs as my next rotation so I am definitely doing some revision

It is coming to the end of the year….so I take a day off and start again.

Thanks for the replies guys. Will you guys be having a bit of a break over easter then yea? Because I definitely need one lol.
Reply 5
None so far, simply because I haven't had an Easter break yet. I go home tomorrow for just over two weeks of rest. However, I plan to practice for my competencies (cardio, pulmonary and GI exam) plus go over my last progress test and see which questions I need to know more on. (My med school uses progress tests rather than exams at the end of the year on a set syllabus). Plus, I'll be going through all the filmed plenaries throughout the year to get the stuff in my head.
Original post by navarre
None so far, simply because I haven't had an Easter break yet. I go home tomorrow for just over two weeks of rest. However, I plan to practice for my competencies (cardio, pulmonary and GI exam) plus go over my last progress test and see which questions I need to know more on. (My med school uses progress tests rather than exams at the end of the year on a set syllabus). Plus, I'll be going through all the filmed plenaries throughout the year to get the stuff in my head.

That sounds like you've got a really good plan in place there. What year are you in, out of interest? I'm in first year, and we've got our end of year exam coming up, so that's what I'm revising for atm.
Reply 7
Original post by Leavemyarcelona
That sounds like you've got a really good plan in place there. What year are you in, out of interest? I'm in first year, and we've got our end of year exam coming up, so that's what I'm revising for atm.

I'm in first year as well. We do have an End of Year 1 Exam (this is the only year we have end of year exams), but if we get an overall satisfactory grade in our progress tests (which I have so far, thank God), we don't even have to pass our End of Year exam. My rewatching of plenaries, which have all the relevant info we need for Year 1, is my way of tackling that exam.
Reply 8
In the library from 12pm to 12am everyday now. I'm going hard because I need to bring up my rank for FPAS next year.
Reply 9
I was on holiday since two weeks ago and I haven't done any studying since my exams were already gone.
I'm trying to "pre read" for my upcoming rotation though. I'm aiming for at least 5 topics per day.
GKT second year here we don't do easter unfortunately so It's been non-stop lectures until yesterday, exams in 5 weeks :mad:
Original post by Nuttyneuron
GKT second year here we don't do easter unfortunately so It's been non-stop lectures until yesterday, exams in 5 weeks :mad:

:frown:

What uni are you guys at?
kings :smile:
Will be doing none! End of year exams were before Easter. Might do a bit of general reading in preparation for my elective, which is straight after Easter :smile:
Original post by Nuttyneuron

You dont get any easter holidays at all?? :eek: I take it you must have a very long summer break...
Original post by A100whoo
You dont get any easter holidays at all?? :eek: I take it you must have a very long summer break...

Nope no easter, we do get study leave 4 weeks before the exams though I suppose. Summer holidays this year are June-September, but even those take a nose-dive third year onwards :frown:
Reply 16
Maybe one day's worth of studying.
Reply 17
Original post by Isometrix
In the library from 12pm to 12am everyday now. I'm going hard because I need to bring up my rank for FPAS next year.

Dont wear yourself out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending