Manchester

Uni of Manchester Freshers 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

When does freshers start?

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Firmed my offer last week :smile: has anyone heard anything from their department yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ReanneC96
I have firmed for English lit and drama but im so scared i wont get in :frown:

Also, how likely is it that you'll have to go to the 3rd choice of your housing application? I regret picking burdhart at all :frown:
I should have gone with all Fallowfield ones. But i really wanted an en suite! Is there any way you can change it?

75-80% of applicants get one of their three choices; those are the only stats I have I'm afraid.

You can change your choices by emailing [email protected]

Original post by M.Wahid
Can anyone say how far away the train station is from the main campus?

Piccadilly (the mainline train station that most people use, depending on where they're going) is about 5 minutes walk from north campus and 20 minutes from main campus

Original post by charlsmith
When does freshers start?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It runs from 14th - 21st September (inc.) and you can move into halls between Thursday 11th and Sunday 14th

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just firmed Biomed :biggrin: Any one doing life sciences? :smile:
Same!
Have you chosen accommodation yet? I think iv left it too late!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TSRuserrr9
Same!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yay! So excited! :smile: Not yet nope I really don't know what one too choose, been looking for ages and I just can't decide.
Original post by lauren1x12
Yay! So excited! :smile: Not yet nope I really don't know what one too choose, been looking for ages and I just can't decide.

Neither do I,the variety of choice is huge!I just want a building closest to the stopford building (I think most our lectures/lab practical will be their)

Wish I whent to one the accommodation days,totally forgot to sign up!
Gonna have to wing it and just pick on from either oak house,hulme halls or this other one which is girls only (forgot the name) have you got any in mind?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TSRuserrr9
Same!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah, so long as you apply by August 31st you're guaranteed a place, but the earlier you apply the more likely you are to get a place, so it's best to get on with it :smile:

Have you read the FAQ? http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2091577
Just firmed for Biology w/ year in industry! Put sheavyn, richmond and one of the en suite victoria park halls! Applied for Accomodation in early March so fingers crossed
Reply 1369

I firmed cell biology!
I'm freaking out about getting the grades though, I need AAB and I'm so nervous because I've left revision way too late.
What offer do you have?
Reply 1370
Firmed manchester for International Management!!! Don't know how I'm gonna get AAB though :s

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've firmed for Biology! :smile:
I have an offer for law, AAA. But still contemplating..... Would they accept AAB if I didn't make the grade?? Kind f stuck in choosing...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mee! Hello there course mate :biggrin:
Original post by Origami Bullets

Indeed, they do both come under the BA(Econ). However, they are on different pathways within the BA(Econ). When I started BA(Econ), they wouldn't let you switch between pathways. However, it's been radically restructured since then, to the extent that my course no longer exists, so things may (or may not) have changed, but I would strongly suggest that it's worthwhile choosing the right course first time around.
)

Random, but I was wondering how you found the course? Are you still doing it or have you graduated?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by rlt26
I firmed cell biology!
I'm freaking out about getting the grades though, I need AAB and I'm so nervous because I've left revision way too late.
What offer do you have?

Mines ABB which I'm pretty happy about still stressful though I need an A in biology spending way too much time on that
Mine is triple A and I am freaking out because I don't know if I'll get it for chemistry!
I'm a final year, so nearly graduated! I've been pretty happy with the course - there's so much choice that it's always easy to avoid the bits I don't like (IPE :hand:). The teaching has been decent too. However, the course has changed a lot since I started, and it wouldn't be possible to take a BA(Econ) Politics pathway, so don't base all of your opinions on what I'm saying about structure!

Original post by Procrastinator123
Random, but I was wondering how you found the course? Are you still doing it or have you graduated?
Firmed Economics and Finance today! It was painful to see my other offers be declined though haha oh well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Firmed Petroleum Engineering.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending