The Student Room Group

Universities worth visiting

Hi there!
I'm currently in year 12 studying maths, further maths, physics and product design. I live in London and want to study mechanical engineering at uni - for open days, which universities would be worth going to?
Brunel, Loughborough, bournemouth, Brighton
Reply 2
Original post by WillJFMorris97
Hi there!
I'm currently in year 12 studying maths, further maths, physics and product design. I live in London and want to study mechanical engineering at uni - for open days, which universities would be worth going to?

A lot of my friends have looked at Nottingham for Mech Eng, and I know they all liked Lincoln as an insurance choice :smile:
Cambridge?
Reply 4
Thanks! I'll definitely look into these! :smile:
If you fancy Scotland Strathclyde, Heriot Watt, if you're interested in the oil industry Aberdeen
Reply 6
I'm a year 13 applicant for mechanical engineering and I applied to Sheffield, Birmingham, Manchester, Nottingham and Plymouth and I loved them all!
Reply 7
what are the universities which are good for chem eng?
Reply 8
Do a bit of research and make yourself a shortlist based on

Obviously course content that appeals
Grades you can realistically get
Distance you are prepared to move from home

and then

Do you like campus vs city unis?
Do you want busy city life or quieter towns?
Other extra curriculars.

Might be an idea to visit a couple of places that you could aspire to with a fair wind behind your grades.
Visit a few that match up to your predicted grades
Visit a couple that are just below your expected grades that you might insure.

Just out of interest what grades are you expecting/predicted? That might help people offer suggestions. Be honest as that way you'll get better advice. :smile:
Original post by joyce123
what are the universities which are good for chem eng?

Oxbridge, Birmingham, UCL and Imperial are rather splendid.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest