The Student Room Group

She SEEMS angry that I flirt with other girl

Anon or delete

This girl doesn't want to be too close to me; I'm more of an acquaintance than a friend. I've flirted with her before (back when I didn't know she had a boyfriend). She was very much okay with the fact that I flirted with her, until I told her that I flirt with every girl I'm close with. Her temperament immediately changed after I told her that; she then started to act as if she wants nothing to do with me. What gives? :s-smilie:
Maybe she liked the attention, but only when she thought she was the only one receiving it. It's not special if you flirt with all of the girls so she has stopped caring.
I guess because the flirting is fun when you think it's because you're special? It's not so much fun when it's just because you have a vagina.
Reply 3
what gives? .... ?
Reply 4
Original post by sliceofcake
Maybe she liked the attention, but only when she thought she was the only one receiving it. It's not special if you flirt with all of the girls so she has stopped caring.

I only told her to save the friendship; she thought I was developing feelings for her just because I flirted with her. :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
I only told her to save the friendship; she thought I was developing feelings for her just because I flirted with her. :frown:

An answer she may have been hoping for was that maybe you were developing feelings but you'll completely respect her relationship and so you see your flirting as 'harmless'. That wouldn't have been the case but if she liked attention, as long as it didn't interfere with her relationship then there's no problem.
Reply 6

maybe the ho doesn't like her bf and likes you?
Reply 7
An answer she may have been hoping for was that maybe you were developing feelings but you'll completely respect her relationship and so you see your flirting as 'harmless'. That wouldn't have been the case but if she liked attention, as long as it didn't interfere with her relationship then there's no problem.

Actually, I did exactly that, but I definitely didn't have any feelings, and that's why I told her that I flirt with a lot of girls (which is true to an extent). She then began to subtly insult me and started to mention how it made her feel creeped out/uncomfrtable; she didn't say any of that before.
Actually, I did exactly that, but I definitely didn't have any feelings, and that's why I told her that I flirt with a lot of girls (which is true to an extent). She then began to subtly insult me and started to mention how it made her feel creeped out/uncomfrtable; she didn't say any of that before.

Yeah, that definitely sounds like she's just upset that it's not specific to her. She'll either get over it or you've lost a friend. Just reduce the flirting with her, I suppose, she'll either accept the continued friendship or just give up because you aren't stroking her ego.
Reply 9
Yeah, that definitely sounds like she's just upset that it's not specific to her. She'll either get over it or you've lost a friend. Just reduce the flirting with her, I suppose, she'll either accept the continued friendship or just give up because you aren't stroking her ego.

It sounds like she doesn't want to be friends. She told me that we can become good friends once I find a girlfriend. :confused:
It sounds like she doesn't want to be friends. She told me that we can become good friends once I find a girlfriend. :confused:

... what kind of statement is that? Forget this girl. Even if you get a girlfriend, just forget the friend, the friendship seems a bit of a waste of time if it has such specific requirements all of a sudden.
... what kind of statement is that? Forget this girl. Even if you get a girlfriend, just forget the friend, the friendship seems a bit of a waste of time if it has such specific requirements all of a sudden.

Yep... she then blocked me on fb, only to unblock me the very next day. She then changed it to, from "we can be friends once you have a gf", "you shouldn't be talking to a girl you find attractive when you have moderate to severe low moods/depression".
Yep... she then blocked me on fb, only to unblock me the very next day. She then changed it to, from "we can be friends once you have a gf", "you shouldn't be talking to a girl you find attractive when you have moderate to severe low moods/depression".

The fact that she called herself "a girl you find attractive" furthers my point in my opinion. Also what a load of crap, don't talk to someone you find attractive because you've got depression. Just don't talk to anyone why don't you? She's up her own backside, don't let this bother you.
The fact that she called herself "a girl you find attractive" furthers my point in my opinion. Also what a load of crap, don't talk to someone you find attractive because you've got depression. Just don't talk to anyone why don't you? She's up her own backside, don't let this bother you.

By the way she phrased it, I think she meant "Don't continue to talk to a girl you found attractive because your feelings will grow - I don't want to hurt you". :/

Quick Reply

Latest