The Student Room Group

GCSE no/very little revision success stories

I'm not planning on cramming for my GCSEs, but it's interesting to see if anyone did cram and still managed to do really well xD
So yeah, share your stories :tongue:

Scroll to see replies

Give me 2 months, then (hopefully) I'll have such a story to tell :wink:
I didn't do amazingly (4A*s, 5As, 2Bs) but I guess I did okay for day before revision :tongue: personally, I think it's very much so possible to get all As/A*s by cramming, so I'm sure someone on here can prove that!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by RayApparently
Give me 2 months, then (hopefully) I'll have such a story to tell :wink:

Planning on cramming, are we? :tongue:
Original post by suzylemonade
Planning on cramming, are we? :tongue:

I think I'll just have to tough it out haha
Reply 5
I think I'll just have to tough it out haha

Revision is dire :/ I can't wait till it's over
Revision is dire :/ I can't wait till it's over

Me too, I juts keep telling myself that at least the summer holidays afterwards are going to be absolutely glorious haha Extra long too!
Reply 7
Me too, I juts keep telling myself that at least the summer holidays afterwards are going to be absolutely glorious haha Extra long too!

Oh gosh, yeah. I am going to laze my summer away, seriously xD No more revision. Got anything nice planned?
Oh gosh, yeah. I am going to laze my summer away, seriously xD No more revision. Got anything nice planned?

Nothing in particular just going to enjoy having no obligations :wink: Then of course there's 2 years of 6th form and I can go back to stressing lol
Of course despite the horrors of cramming I'm predicted 5 A*s and 2 As and already have like 5 so I'm quietly confident haha
Reply 10
Crammed for about 3 GCSE exams R.S. unit 2, the Human geography paper and the French writing exam came out with A*s in all three exams, which levelled out my grades to 2As and an A* overall for those subjects. The rest of the exams I revised properly for.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Of course despite the horrors of cramming I'm predicted 5 A*s and 2 As and already have like 5 so I'm quietly confident haha

You already have five?! Jeez dude -_-
I've got 26 exams this summer -_-
Reply 12
For me cramming in terms of memorizing stuff I already understand is usually not too hard. However, cramming stuff I don't understand, then I would probably fail at remembering it. Personally Cramming works for me because when I study too early on in the year, I end up forgetting most of the stuff. So My tip is learn/understand in school and memorize at home. :smile: BTW this is when it comes to Alevels.

PS: For GCSEs 2 Month Cramming is enough. Some get A grades with just a day's worth of cramming because the conent is easy to understand and memorize.
(edited 10 years ago)
I did. Didn't start revision till the Wednesday before exams started.
Got 9A*s, 2As, 1B(art) :smile:
You already have five?! Jeez dude -_-
I've got 26 exams this summer -_-

Feel sorry. My school lets us take a lot early. I have 16 exams at the end and 2 AS exams (which are the ones I AM worried about).

Worried about your exams - or cautiously confident?
I got like 3/4 A*'s and the rest were mostly A's at GCSE, I only revised a few hours before the exam- oops :tongue:
Original post by ILovePancakes

That's incredible! :redface:
What subjects did you take?
That's incredible! :redface:
What subjects did you take?

Two Englishes, Maths, Statistics, Triple Science, RS French, History, Geography, Art :smile:
Feel sorry. My school lets us take a lot early. I have 16 exams at the end and 2 AS exams (which are the ones I AM worried about).

Worried about your exams - or cautiously confident?

2 AS? Nice. What subjects?
Very, very cautiously confident xD I know I can ace my exams if I learn all this pointless crap for geography and history, but I don't want to be cocky about it and get lazy
Original post by ILovePancakes

Damn - that's impressive haha

Quick Reply

Latest