The Student Room Group

most embarsing job rejection that you have got

Scroll to see replies

Original post by New- Emperor
last year about this out of pure desperation I git rejected for a job at
McDonalds I mean come on how embarrassing is that can anyone beat that?

I can equal it. :colonhash:
Mine is a little different to you guys this was for a job as a fresh graduate in Southampton University but you need a little technical information first the common battery is called a nicad so I was chatting to the interviewer and it seemed to be going quite well and he asked me the benefit's of lithium over nicad so ( I should mention I was a bit nervous which is why I did this) I started rabbiting on about how nicad which have been around since before I was born were quite new and may be hard to find etc etc.. needless to day I didn't get the job but it went very well apart from that
Rejected from mcdonalds, kfc and primark :///
I failed the Next maths test even though I got an A* at GCSE and am predicted a 7 in SL Maths :colondollar:
Original post by New- Emperor
last year about this out of pure desperation I git rejected for a job at
McDonalds I mean come on how embarrassing is that can anyone beat that?

Working at mcdonalds isnt embarrassing.
This is coming from someone who has worked there for 6 years.
I went for an interview at a nursery.
Got a letter through the post the next morning saying i hadnt been successful.
It came through the post that quick, they must have gone to post the letter as soon as id left the interview.
Reply 46
Original post by jonathanemptage
Mine is a little different to you guys this was for a job as a fresh graduate in Southampton University but you need a little technical information first the common battery is called a nicad so I was chatting to the interviewer and it seemed to be going quite well and he asked me the benefit's of lithium over nicad so ( I should mention I was a bit nervous which is why I did this) I started rabbiting on about how nicad which have been around since before I was born were quite new and may be hard to find etc etc.. needless to day I didn't get the job but it went very well apart from that

Appreciate this is a pretty old post now, but I noticed you dropped something;

Original post by M1011
Appreciate this is a pretty old post now, but I noticed you dropped something;

would it by any chance be the ball
Reply 48
I was rejected by McDonalds as well. (: Only thing I've ever been rejected from haha. I quite like that fact...
did a four hour 'trial' shift at costa once ... heard nothing back.. i'm not worthy of a rejection email i guess.
Curse u god! for making me this way! (shakes fist) :nooo:
Original post by SuperWolfPaws
did a four hour 'trial' shift at costa once ... heard nothing back.. i'm not worthy of a rejection email i guess.
Curse u god! for making me this way! (shakes fist) :nooo:

Must be those super wolf paws...
The entirety of the retail and customer sales sector!
Original post by hellodave5
Must be those super wolf paws...

i have awesome farmers hands, was carrying plates like a boss.
Original post by SuperWolfPaws
i have awesome farmers hands, was carrying plates like a boss.

Sexual innuendo's come to mind, but I shall refrain.
You should be efficacious in de ole job then... bit harsh they didn't contact you after doing a trial run for them!
Reply 54
Original post by squeakysquirrel
Been rejected from Asda. Slightly off topic - went to an interview (not the Asda one) and it was only when I left the interview room that I realised that all the buttons on my blouse had popped open and I was exposing my bra and the rest to all and sundry.

Didn't get the job.

THIS is funny haha soz

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55
Customer service role where they gave the role to some girl who used to call me weird and fat in sixth form.
I got rejected by McDonald's 52 minutes after applying.
Went for my first job interview at a local pub at age 18 (late to the party, I know). Went on a whim from the JobCentre after my useless "advisor" enthusiastically encouraged me after seeing the ad. I had no experience of interview technique or the job world, no skills to draw on, no social skills or confidence, nothing to impress the interviews. Needless to say it was a complete car crash and I was blown off with a 'we'll let you know'. The manager's words were dripping with insincerity.

I had the last laugh when I spent the following summer making cash for their main rival. Yeah!
I went for a sainsburys interview and i had to do some DVD quiz thing but the training room was being used so i had to go and sit in the staff canteen and do it with all the staff watching me whilst eating their lunch, so awkward.
Original post by smithers123
Struggling getting that dream job because of the psychometric testing ?
let me help you, I give a guarantee that you pass your online test if it be a graduate scheme or an school leavers programme. I have done this for many years and have completed tests for top firms from investment banking, consultancy, accountancy firms, PWC KPMG, and many many more. please let me know as I get booked quick.

If I'm going to pay anyone to do tests for me, I'm going to pay somebody who can proof their own forum posts.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending