The Student Room Group

Edexcel Geography Unit 4 - Pollution and Human Health 2014 pre-release

For anyone doing Human Health and Pollution for Unit 4, this is a discussion thread for the pre-release. If you have any case studies, research and general help and tips for anyone, please comment below!

Scroll to see replies

Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
I'm doing health as my topic and was wondering what you thought of the pre release?
Original post by samkeanly
I'm doing health as my topic and was wondering what you thought of the pre release?

I thought the pre release was okay actually, looks like it could be quite an easy-ish question...what did you think of it?
Reply 4
Original post by PeachButterfly96
I thought the pre release was okay actually, looks like it could be quite an easy-ish question...what did you think of it?

I thought it was okay too. I've managed to come up with a possible question: 'To what extent is the level of health risk determined by geographical factors between and within countries'
Reply 5
Hi
I am also doing health risks for unit 4 and like the pre release this time.
i feel that the question should be something alone the lines of physical/human (they may ask both or one of them only) affecting/determining the level of health risks with in a country or between countries.
I thought it was okay too. I've managed to come up with a possible question: 'To what extent is the level of health risk determined by geographical factors between and within countries'

That's a good possible question. I was thinking of something along the lines of 'To what extent are physical and human factors influential in determining levels of health risk'
Reply 7
That's a good possible question. I was thinking of something along the lines of 'To what extent are physical and human factors influential in determining levels of health risk'

Yeah that sounds good also. What focuses were you thinking of using? I've done some practice questions but they have mostly been about managing health risks
Yeah that sounds good also. What focuses were you thinking of using? I've done some practice questions but they have mostly been about managing health risks

What do you mean by focuses? Case studies I will use? I am writing a practice report on the question that I think it could be, and I have just done a question on the causes of health risk.
Reply 9
I'm too doing health as my topic, the pre release is okay for me,... I would have liked it more if it had an enquiry question 4 aspect (management aspect) But this one is also fine
Reply 10
Sorry abt the previous post, it was a post I forgot to complete n post n by mistake posted it today,
anyways can someone suggest some case studies for possible physical factors as I am not very good with physical geography
Reply 11
any notes on the prerelase?
Reply 12
I am also doing heath risk but I'm a bit confused with how to structure it and case studies

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any good case studies for human and physical??
Human: Swine Flu, Type 2 Diabetes UK, , Dharavi Slum in Mumbai, HIV/Aids in Eastern Africa, Obesity in Scotland.
Physical: Shanghai waterways pollution, Fukushima and Chernobyl, Malaria in Burkina Faso.

Any others guys?
Human: Swine Flu, Type 2 Diabetes UK, , Dharavi Slum in Mumbai, HIV/Aids in Eastern Africa, Obesity in Scotland.
Physical: Shanghai waterways pollution, Fukushima and Chernobyl, Malaria in Burkina Faso.

Any others guys?

Thats really diff to how my schools doing it. got told to do:
Human: obesity in USA, heart disease, cancer in uk, poverty in china
Physical: malaria in Kenya, dirty water in china, climate change/ ozone depletion, radon in Cornwall
Original post by laurenemma07
Thats really diff to how my schools doing it. got told to do:
Human: obesity in USA, heart disease, cancer in uk, poverty in china
Physical: malaria in Kenya, dirty water in china, climate change/ ozone depletion, radon in Cornwall

I haven't actually had a lesson yet where we've gone through it properly, (half term) so those were my initial thoughts..your case studies sound more relevant to the possible question actually, so thank you! :biggrin:
Can some one post a model answer please

Posted from TSR Mobile
I haven't actually had a lesson yet where we've gone through it properly, (half term) so those were my initial thoughts..your case studies sound more relevant to the possible question actually, so thank you! :biggrin:

Ooh okay, fair enough ahha. You're welcome :smile:
Reply 19
Was thinking for Human: HIV/Aids East Africa, Poverty in China and then for Physical: Climate Change causing skin cancer in Australia, Malaria and the Asian Tsunami :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending