The Student Room Group

Too Late To Start Revising ?!?

Hey...

My exams start on the 19th May and I am really starting to panic ! I do Maths and Sciences and have revised but not so much. Im really worried. Im ready to commit 7 hours everyday from tomorrow after school to revise but does anyone have any tips and advice on how to revise efficiently in these A-levels and get over 95+ UMS in them ?

Thanks
Reply 1
its never too late b :wink:
Get used to it. From my experience at uni most people leave it until the last minute to work or can't even revise through the year due to their course's workload. Like dilkaran said, it's never too late to start.
Original post by lalaland1
Hey...

My exams start on the 19th May and I am really starting to panic ! I do Maths and Sciences and have revised but not so much. Im really worried. Im ready to commit 7 hours everyday from tomorrow after school to revise but does anyone have any tips and advice on how to revise efficiently in these A-levels and get over 95+ UMS in them ?

Thanks

You can easily spend too much time writing notes/reading books etc. Be careful that you don't, rather balance your time between that and answering questions to learn the exam technique and language that they expect from you in the mark schemes. It's not too late btw haha. The time to your last exam is like 7 weeks.
I'm doing pretty much the same A levels as you and I have only just started revising as well - if you structure your revision well you will be fine.:smile:
Original post by WillJFMorris97
I'm doing pretty much the same A levels as you and I have only just started revising as well - if you structure your revision well you will be fine.:smile:

Hey am in the same boat aswell unfortunaly, i am student doing my alevel from home and started just a week ago, do you have any tips or picture of how you structure your revision please.
Thanks you
Original post by aimperfection
Hey am in the same boat aswell unfortunaly, i am student doing my alevel from home and started just a week ago, do you have any tips or picture of how you structure your revision please.
Thanks you

Hey, um have you heard of the CGP books?

Also what exam board(s) are you on?

I'll put a picture up of something in a min
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7

hows best to strcture revsion? i cant stick to timetable
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by XXSimmyXX
hows best to strcture revsion? i cant stick to timetable
Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, depending on how much you have to revise and how you best revise this may or may not work for you. I just do 2 pages of the text book a day for each subject (I write everything out but this could be applied to any technique). So if you do lots of little bits of revision a timetable helps but means you don't necessarily have to stick to it. Sorry if that sounded all over the place aha.
Thanks you

Here's the pic
Here's the pic

I am doing AQA for chemistry AS & A2 [unit 1,4,5]
Edexcel for Biology and R.S AS & A2 [unit 1,4,5]

i fail my A2 last year in school and am resting from home now, so i have no sense of guidance

the only problem is i find it hard to read and learn/memories i think it just the concept of not doing anything physically. any advise on this?

so i try do note by hand but i am way too slow to compensate for the time i have lost by late revision.

thanks alot i am very greatful :biggrin:
I am doing AQA for chemistry AS & A2 [unit 1,4,5]
Edexcel for Biology and R.S AS & A2 [unit 1,4,5]

i fail my A2 last year in school and am resting from home now, so i have no sense of guidance

the only problem is i find it hard to read and learn/memories i think it just the concept of not doing anything physically. any advise on this?

so i try do note by hand but i am way too slow to compensate for the time i have lost by late revision.

thanks alot i am very greatful :biggrin:

No problem!

This worked for me for GCSE but obviously in A level there is a lot more detail, but try and mind map/ spider diagram all of the absolute relevant key points, do you know what I mean?
No problem!

This worked for me for GCSE but obviously in A level there is a lot more detail, but try and mind map/ spider diagram all of the absolute relevant key points, do you know what I mean?

Yea thats good idea, but i don't think can do with chemistry, too much calculations and am rubbish with Maths
Yea thats good idea, but i don't think can do with chemistry, too much calculations and am rubbish with Maths

Ah fair enough, well I don't do chemistry but I do maths, further maths and physics so with calculations I would recommend just writing down the stages/ steps of the calculations and using them to go through questions then you will just get used to it.
Ah fair enough, well I don't do chemistry but I do maths, further maths and physics so with calculations I would recommend just writing down the stages/ steps of the calculations and using them to go through questions then you will just get used to it.

yea thats a good idea it would help alot, hope you do well in your exams:wink:
yea thats a good idea it would help alot, hope you do well in your exams:wink:

Haha thanks, you too! :smile:
Reply 16
Well, depending on how much you have to revise and how you best revise this may or may not work for you. I just do 2 pages of the text book a day for each subject (I write everything out but this could be applied to any technique). So if you do lots of little bits of revision a timetable helps but means you don't necessarily have to stick to it. Sorry if that sounded all over the place aha.

thanks im going try that, i was actually struggling with.how to balance all my subjects and this is a good way

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending