The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

almost feels like 2008 again, looking at these last couple of pages :moon:

so new season, have yet to read AJ's thread, but saw a couple of eps from this streaming site, cant remember the names but one was about a mangaka, his assistant and editor which was quite amusing :laugh: other one was about a girl who couldn't make friends which was pretty good, the fact that i didnt even read the plot and just picked it up cos i liked the art, was a nice surprise when the girl mentioned what her problem was, might do it more often and just pick up random shows to try out :tongue:

and just started the new season of DB Kai :excited: Gohan's high school life :mmm: :awesome:

Original post by Aiko
I seem to recall this happening once before, so they'll probably restore it. That is, assuming they still can. :tongue:

Glad you're liking it. Keep watching, it gets funnier once you get to know the characters better. :giggle:

yeah enjoying it more the more i watch it, up to ep 10 already :yep:

No, neither did I. A new character is always welcome, especially one that seems to possess, if the ending is any indicator, the 'I am your maid and you're my master' persona. :giggle:

i usually dont like it when a new character comes into a love triangle but lets see what happens :tongue:

well just seen the latest ep, i was like oh god not one of those girls :sigh: but then that ending :awesome: things are gona get interesting now :teeth:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6701
Original post by eugenius 8
so new season, have yet to read AJ's thread, but saw a couple of eps from this streaming site, cant remember the names but one was about a mangaka, his assistant and editor which was quite amusing :laugh: other one was about a girl who couldn't make friends which was pretty good, the fact that i didnt even read the plot and just picked it up cos i liked the art, was a nice surprise when the girl mentioned what her problem was, might do it more often and just pick up random shows to try out :tongue:

I still haven't had the chance to watch much yet, but are you referring to WIXOSS? The main character in that doesn't initially have any friends, but it was more of a decision on her part not to. Was not bad, so I'll be keeping that on. :yes:

The second season of Date A Live was as shallow as ever, but it was still amusing to watch. It was late when I started watching this, so I was drifting off in parts. :tongue:

yeah enjoying it more the more i watch it, up to ep 10 already :yep:

It's pretty amusing. Unfortunately, it just kind of ends. That said, quite a few from the last season ended abruptly. For instance, I didn't even realise Buddy Complex had ended until the following week when I realised an episode wasn't coming out. :redface:

i usually dont like it when a new character comes into a love triangle but lets see what happens :tongue:

well just seen the latest ep, i was like oh god not one of those girls :sigh: but then that ending :awesome: things are gona get interesting now :teeth:

Haha, me too. I'm glad she revealed her true colours at the end. :giggle:
Original post by Aiko
I still haven't had the chance to watch much yet, but are you referring to WIXOSS? The main character in that doesn't initially have any friends, but it was more of a decision on her part not to. Was not bad, so I'll be keeping that on. :yes:

I think he meant Isshuukan Friends. :smile:
Reply 6703
I didn't want to watch Mahouka........but I appear to have fallen for Perfect Onii-san's perfection. Send help.

In other news I'm watching way too much again - complete lack of self control. I think the main problem is my ingrained habit of watching and firing out opinions about, all new shows each season - I am such an OCD blogger :sigh:
Reply 6704
Original post by AngryJellyfish
I think he meant Isshuukan Friends. :smile:

Ah, I haven't seen that yet.

I've been quite busy lately (currently in the process of moving homes), so I'm slowly picking everything up. :smile:

Original post by caraniel
I didn't want to watch Mahouka........but I appear to have fallen for Perfect Onii-san's perfection. Send help.

In other news I'm watching way too much again - complete lack of self control. I think the main problem is my ingrained habit of watching and firing out opinions about, all new shows each season - I am such an OCD blogger :sigh:

Aha, I have a policy of sampling at least the first episode of everything that airs, barring those intended for children or sequels to series I haven't seen or finished.

As for Mahouka, I loved it. You're not the only one that has fallen for him. I love characters who are seemingly perfect, especially when they're as interesting as this one. Definitely keeping Mahouka on. Oh, and I'm also glad Madhouse seems to be delivering the goods with this one. They've been letting me down with their recent offerings (and many others, I suspect). I guess that's why I'm beginning to assess an anime's potential from the staff onboard, rather than just the studio itself.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6705
As I be trying to get back into animoo's at the moment does anyone have some recommendations? At the moment I prefer shorter series I can marathon on the weekends or at least a show that has already finished. As I don't really have time to keep up with shows weekly and what not. What genre and all that I don't mind. I do like a bit of action though I don't mind trying to watch some new things.

Though lately I have just finished Kill la Kill (which was awesome) but that is a good example of what I really have time to watch at the mo
Does anybody know of the song when Echizen first entered Tenimuhou no Kiwami in the final episode of the Prince of Tennis Nationals OVA?

It starts at about 9:15

[video="youtube;M44Vo4SDSWg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M44Vo4SDSWg[/video]
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6707
Original post by Aiko
Ah, I haven't seen that yet.

I've been quite busy lately (currently in the process of moving homes), so I'm slowly picking everything up. :smile:

Aha, I have a policy of sampling at least the first episode of everything that airs, barring those intended for children or sequels to series I haven't seen or finished.

As for Mahouka, I loved it. You're not the only one that has fallen for him. I love characters who are seemingly perfect, especially when they're as interesting as this one. Definitely keeping Mahouka on. Oh, and I'm also glad Madhouse seems to be delivering the goods with this one. They've been letting me down with their recent offerings (and many others, I suspect). I guess that's why I'm beginning to assess an anime's potential from the staff onboard, rather than just the studio itself.

Yeah I have the same policy.....wish I would learn to be a bit more selective with what I keep though!

I think it is nowadays looking at the staff is much more telling than looking at the studio, but yeah I'm also pleased Madhouse have put a decent team on Mahouka and are expending a bit of effort, it's a nice looking show, even if the very generic character designs are a touch boring.

The absolute perfection of Tatsuya is pretty ridiculous but it is impossible not to like the fella.....he's just perfect!
Reply 6708
Since my last post I've started rewatching Mawaru Penguindrum (partly because the box of anime on my floor contained that, Baka & Test S2, and Nisemonogatari which I've started, and nowadays I like to finish things in the batch I got them, so I don't leave things for years...again :mmm: )

Again this was a show I watched when I only paid half attention to anime, and found 24/6 episode series as they were airing a major chore. I can remember a dark turn at the end vaguely from the first time, but after the first ten episodes I'm glad I gave it another chance (it was cheap on Amazon :nyoron:
read this the other day and god im so excited
Reply 6710
Original post by PurpleSquid
read this the other day and god im so excited

omg that looks awesome :woo: I don't know if I want it to be live action or anime. I'm dreading the live action adaptation of Shingeki :afraid:

Btw is anyone watching Kamigami No Asobi? The plot line looks dreadful, and seems like it'll just be another bishie anime with a cliche shoujo lead. The again, it might be my guilty pleasure like Diabolik Lovers :colone:
Reply 6711
Original post by Tai Ga
omg that looks awesome :woo: I don't know if I want it to be live action or anime. I'm dreading the live action adaptation of Shingeki :afraid:

Btw is anyone watching Kamigami No Asobi? The plot line looks dreadful, and seems like it'll just be another bishie anime with a cliche shoujo lead. The again, it might be my guilty pleasure like Diabolik Lovers :colone:

Kamigami is awesome. However was mighty disappointed by the lack of stripper-ific transformation sequences in the second episode. Every season needs a camp as all hell otome game adaptation.....with lots of singing and multi-coloured hair. Roll on Uta-Pri 3000%
Reply 6712
Kamigami is awesome. However was mighty disappointed by the lack of stripper-ific transformation sequences in the second episode. Every season needs a camp as all hell otome game adaptation.....with lots of singing and multi-coloured hair. Roll on Uta-Pri 3000%

Well I just so happen to have a tab with the first episode fully loaded :colone: That's a real shame :sadnod: After watching Free I've now unconsciously set the bar high for transformations (Although free was just them ripping their shirts of in an exaggerated fashion :awesome:)

We do have Kin'iro no Chord: Blue Sky though :colondollar: But like its prequel I don't see much romance happening. Plus it isn't as camp as most of these otome adaptations.

Lord, haven't they made enough? :zomg: We'll be reaching Uta-Pri 10 000% in no time.
Enjoyed the first couple of eps of No Game No Life, really into those kind of games :beard: Reminds me I need to get back to finishing that 2nd season of Kaiji :redface: :tongue: Oh yeah some of that 2nd ep was flipping hilarious :rofl2: Shiiirrooo :rofl:

Original post by Aiko

Nah it was Isshuukan Friends.

It's pretty amusing. Unfortunately, it just kind of ends. That said, quite a few from the last season ended abruptly. For instance, I didn't even realise Buddy Complex had ended until the following week when I realised an episode wasn't coming out. :redface:

They just can be asked to end shows properly anymore :dontknow: :tongue:

Haha, me too. I'm glad she revealed her true colours at the end. :giggle:

:yep: Chitoge slowly showing her feelings in the next ep well she probably doesn't even realise it herself :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
My updates here are becoming increasingly sporadic... can't let this become a habit. like the rest of you :p:

I set myself a goal of watching 15 anime episodes a day over the Easter bank holiday weekend, for a total of 60 episodes - just finished achieving it. :proud: Mostly Uninhabited Planet Survive (an anime that just keeps getting better and better) and Hyouka (certainly 'different', though not the most exciting of shows), with the odd Spring season episode thrown in. Also made a small dent on some of my 'eternally stalled' series, such as Candy Candy and Zettai Karen Children, though I can't see myself finishing anything on there in the near future.

My thoughts on the new season are summarised weekly on my blog as ever, but in short, my favourites at this early stage would be Sidonia no Kishi, Hitsugi no Chaika and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure... though Gokukoku no Brynhildr looks like it could soon be a challenger after that 3rd episode! :zomg: Akuma no Riddle and Date A Live II aren't living up to my expectations so far, but I've seen worse. Lastly, I really can't see the appeal of No Game No Life, personally - I felt compelled to drop it after the second episode left me raging - but its high position on A-P suggests I'm in the minority there. :dontknow:

I've kept to my one volume of manga a day goal, as well... which apparently means I've read 111 volumes this year. :king1::king1::king1: Recently picked up Dragon Ball (do I really need to provide a link for that series? :p:), Necromancer and Oedo wa Nemuranai, as well as a number of one shots... not all of which were BL...
(edited 10 years ago)
Damn 15 eps a day, think I've only done that 2/3 times ever :tongue: I struggle to watch 15 eps a month these days, I need to up my game now that I've finished all my assignments :dumbells:

Just seen the first ep of Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou, thought it was going to be one of those slow romances at the start :s-smilie: but it ended up being pretty hilarious :laugh:

Also saw the first couple of eps of Strike the Blood, pretty interesting and the characters are likeable :yep: It's a nice change with the action as I haven't see one in ages :hmmmm:
Original post by eugenius 8
Damn 15 eps a day, think I've only done that 2/3 times ever :tongue: I struggle to watch 15 eps a month these days, I need to up my game now that I've finished all my assignments :dumbells:

I could have managed more, but I wanted to fit in some gaming (Pokemon Y and HOMM2) and Youtube videos for variation. :p: And sleep, occasionally. :yawn:

My anime viewing on a normal weekday varies from one episode (the minimum required for me to keep sane... if that's the right word for my usual mental state) to about five. 10 - 15 is usual for weekends. :yes:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by AngryJellyfish
I could have managed more, but I wanted to fit in some gaming (Pokemon X and HOMM2) and Youtube videos for variation. :p: And sleep, occasionally. :yawn:

My anime viewing on a normal weekday varies from one episode (the minimum required for me to keep sane... if that's the right word for my usual mental state) to about five. 10 - 15 is usual for weekends. :yes:

Nice, it used to be at least an ep a day for me but it's been an ep every other day for the last year or so. I could marathon through 9/10 eps back in the day if I'm really into the series but not anymore :no: I guess I've just lost a bit of interest in anime these days :sad: And other hobbies getting in the way as well :tongue:
Reply 6718
Think I can manage 15eps a day handily enough on a day off - usually unintentionally. This weekend I polished off Girls und Panzer, which was surprisingly decent and I'm halfway through Hyobu Kyosuke The Unlimited at the moment which is pretty entertaining.

Nothing this season has really grabbed me apart from Mushishi & Jojo's, and I don't want to blog either of those - so it is disappointing on the having something to write about front again. I'm quite interested in Knights of Sidonia, Ping Pong and Haikyuu though, but that is quite a small selection from such a heavy season.
Think I can manage 15eps a day handily enough on a day off - usually unintentionally. This weekend I polished off Girls und Panzer, which was surprisingly decent and I'm halfway through Hyobu Kyosuke The Unlimited at the moment which is pretty entertaining.

Nothing this season has really grabbed me apart from Mushishi & Jojo's, and I don't want to blog either of those - so it is disappointing on the having something to write about front again. I'm quite interested in Knights of Sidonia, Ping Pong and Haikyuu though, but that is quite a small selection from such a heavy season.

I've heard good things about Hyobu Kyosuke The Unlimited... maybe one day I'll be able to drag my way through the second half of Zettai Karen Children so that I can move on to this spin-off, as Kyosuke himself is about the only decent character in it. :s-smilie:

Latest