The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Pure Highbury accommodation

Is anyone planning to stay here from UAL? And if so, what course are you studying and where?
Reply 1
Hi! I'm planning on putting highbury as my first choice for accommodation! I'm doing fashion management at LCF, what are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by katpjames
Hi! I'm planning on putting highbury as my first choice for accommodation! I'm doing fashion management at LCF, what are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing graphic design at CSM! lets hope we get it :biggrin:
Reply 3
Have you visited there? Want to know if it's as nice as it is in pictures almost seems too good to be true!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Have you visited there? Want to know if it's as nice as it is in pictures almost seems too good to be true!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't visited no! But I've heard some not very good reviews since :/ not so sure now
Reply 5
Original post by poi408
I haven't visited no! But I've heard some not very good reviews since :/ not so sure now

Oh really what have you heard? I'm going to an lcf open day on Saturday an was going to look but you can do views on a weekend so just going to have to ask students about where's best to go!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Oh really what have you heard? I'm going to an lcf open day on Saturday an was going to look but you can do views on a weekend so just going to have to ask students about where's best to go!

Posted from TSR Mobile

According to someone who's already living there, everyone has access to all rooms so things are always going missing. It's also meant to be really hot all the time and no one knows why! If you do go and visit, let me know what its like please :smile:
Hey I'm going to be a Foundation student at Central Saint Martins (fashion pathway to be exact) and I booked my accommodation directly through pure highbury as I wanted a 43 week tenancy :smile: hope you guys get your first choices!
I also went and looked on the accommodation day - resulting me booking it there and then. The location is great and the rooms are soooo nice! A lot better than will Wyatt, plus there is loads of communal space :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Daniel-Moore
I also went and looked on the accommodation day - resulting me booking it there and then. The location is great and the rooms are soooo nice! A lot better than will Wyatt, plus there is loads of communal space :smile:

Did you visit both Will Wyatt and Pure Highbury? What's the area like around Pure Highbury? Hmm not sure what to put as my first choice!
Reply 10
I was worried about the 38 week tenancy but I worked out that it's 9 and a half months and if we move in at the end of September it will last until early July and the term ends June 26th so there is plenty of time there!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by poi408
Did you visit both Will Wyatt and Pure Highbury? What's the area like around Pure Highbury? Hmm not sure what to put as my first choice!

The area is pretty decent! Like anywhere in London just take the odd precautions :smile: it was very cosmopolitan as was old street (will Wyatt) you got local supermarkets near by to pure highbury. Plus the tube station is literally opposite, big plus! It's also near shoreditch (as is will Wyatt) which is great for nightlife. Pure is also near hampstead Heath, a real trendy area full of arty bars, and funky restaurants. I don't know about lcf, but it's super easy to get to CSM (5 min tube). Will wyatt was in a good area, bit of a jaunt to get to certain places. It was not as good as pure in terms of space, the en suite is literally the size of the wardrobe. It's also got 1 communal area - don gratton was in a great location, but not as nice as pure or Wyatt :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by Daniel-Moore
The area is pretty decent! Like anywhere in London just take the odd precautions :smile: it was very cosmopolitan as was old street (will Wyatt) you got local supermarkets near by to pure highbury. Plus the tube station is literally opposite, big plus! It's also near shoreditch (as is will Wyatt) which is great for nightlife. Pure is also near hampstead Heath, a real trendy area full of arty bars, and funky restaurants. I don't know about lcf, but it's super easy to get to CSM (5 min tube). Will wyatt was in a good area, bit of a jaunt to get to certain places. It was not as good as pure in terms of space, the en suite is literally the size of the wardrobe. It's also got 1 communal area - don gratton was in a great location, but not as nice as pure or Wyatt :smile:

Ah thank you for that! :smile: helped me massively. Might see you around next year!
Reply 13
I was worried about the 38 week tenancy but I worked out that it's 9 and a half months and if we move in at the end of September it will last until early July and the term ends June 26th so there is plenty of time there!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was worried about this too! But a student currently from CSM told me that 38 weeks is more than enough for first year
Original post by poi408
Ah thank you for that! :smile: helped me massively. Might see you around next year!

Glad it helped :smile:! Yes, maybe see you around in September :smile: I move in 30th August
Reply 15
Original post by poi408
I was worried about this too! But a student currently from CSM told me that 38 weeks is more than enough for first year

I think there's only 42 week contracts because of international students who don't go home because 42 weeks works out to be just over 10 months and we won't be there that long because usually you have 2/3 months off for summer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I will attend IPF course in LCF, wbu ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending