The Student Room Group

Nigerian Society!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MissC123
Doing my A levels atm. Applying to uni this year for the 2015 cycle. You?

Hey. Im Nigerian and im doing my a levels hoping to apply for the 2015 cycle. How are you and how is revision going

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 161
Original post by ekpenyongnsa
Hey. Im Nigerian and im doing my a levels hoping to apply for the 2015 cycle. How are you and how is revision going

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey :smile:. I'm ok just a bit tired, revision is fine and you?
Hey :smile:. I'm ok just a bit tired, revision is fine and you?

Revision is going well. Im almost done but its quite stressful. What subjects do you take.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 163
Revision is going well. Im almost done but its quite stressful. What subjects do you take.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I resume tomorrow and have like 3 mock exams :|. Bio chem maths Spanish italian and extended project. wbu?
Yeah I resume tomorrow and have like 3 mock exams :|. Bio chem maths Spanish italian and extended project. wbu?

I resume tomorrow as well. But im nt going back till next week. I hope i dont miss too much. I take Math, Bio, Chem and Physics. Your GCSEs are quite good congrats. Your doing 5 subjects: it seems your quite the competitive applicant. So what are your extra curriculars

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 165
I resume tomorrow as well. But im nt going back till next week. I hope i dont miss too much. I take Math, Bio, Chem and Physics. Your GCSEs are quite good congrats. Your doing 5 subjects: it seems your quite the competitive applicant. So what are your extra curriculars

Posted from TSR Mobile

My 5th one is italian cus I was born in Italy so I'm good at it :P
ECs are not amazing ; I play volleyball, I'm a tfl ambassador, St John's Ambulance and part of societies in my college like debating and medical society. You? how long have been in the UK for btw?
ECs are not amazing ; I play volleyball, I'm a tfl ambassador, St John's Ambulance and part of societies in my college like debating and medical society. You? how long have been in the UK for btw?

I play d violin, currently takin British Sign Language course, swimming, programming applications member of student rep council. Im nt in the uk. Im staying in Nigeria for AS but going to Bellerbys Cambridge for A2. What exam board()

Posted from TSR Mobile

What exam board(s) do you use

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 168
I play d violin, currently takin British Sign Language course, swimming, programming applications member of student rep council. Im nt in the uk. Im staying in Nigeria for AS but going to Bellerbys Cambridge for A2. What exam board()

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow I wish I could play an instrument well :smile:. I'm OCR for Biology AQA for chem and Spanish and edexcel for maths and italian. you? Do they do A levels in Nigeria as well? thought you could straight in with waec (I'm probably wrong, don't know much about the education system there)
British sign language course? sounds very interesting:biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 169
Original post by Cape Verde
I'm a nigerian who was born in europe but both of my parents are from benin edo state.

Original post by Ebuwa
*Waves* Pride, thatitootoo and I are Benin. I thought you said you were Igbo?

OMG I'm from Edo state too. My mum is from Ekpoma and my dad is from Ubiaja (hopefully I spelt it right lol). My native name is Onomenasike.:smile:
Wow I wish I could play an instrument well :smile:. I'm OCR for Biology AQA for chem and Spanish and edexcel for maths and italian. you? Do they do A levels in Nigeria as well? thought you could straight in with waec (I'm probably wrong, don't know much about the education system there)
British sign language course? sounds very interesting:biggrin:

You can go straight in with waec. Its only a hand full of private schools that offer A levels to those who want to study abroad. Im CIE for all my subjects. BSL is quite nice and its probably one of the easiest languages to learn. Im taking a sort of online course. What schools are you applying to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 171
You can go straight in with waec. Its only a hand full of private schools that offer A levels to those who want to study abroad. Im CIE for all my subjects. BSL is quite nice and its probably one of the easiest languages to learn. Im taking a sort of online course. What schools are you applying to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not entirely sure yet but UCL (top choice) Southampton maybe Barts/St George's and Exeter. You?
Not entirely sure yet but UCL (top choice) Southampton maybe Barts/St George's and Exeter. You?

Kings(first choice), Exeter. deciding between Dundee, Aberdeen, Newcastle. Have you written your ps yet? And if you dont mind me asking what college do you go to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 173
Kings(first choice), Exeter. deciding between Dundee, Aberdeen, Newcastle. Have you written your ps yet? And if you dont mind me asking what college do you go to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

PS? Haven't even thought about starting it oops. :biggrin:. Will do it after my exams.
I go to St Dominic's Sixth Form College
PS? Haven't even thought about starting it oops. :biggrin:. Will do it after my exams.
I go to St Dominic's Sixth Form College

Its been nice meeting you. Will pm you later. Im Emmanuel btw

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 175
Quickly breezing through here, but am I reading that we have some prospective medicine applicants? Great - go for it, dig deep, it's a great course and really worth the effort!

Umm and to whoever said they're thinking about Southampton, medicine is good here, I'd definitely recommend it (although, of course, apply where you have the best shot first and foremost). Good luck.
Hey everyone. Just found this thread :biggrin:
I'm a Nigerian, igbo girl, living in London.
Anyone in London?

I'm igbo too :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wanna apply for medicine too. Where did you apply and what were your stats if I may ask?

Haha oh really? What a coincidence :biggrin: I applied to Aberdeen, Dundee, Sheffield and St George's. My stats are in my signature :biggrin:
Do u know what unis u're gonna apply to?
Why create a thread for nigerians only? Typical...
Original post by Nissie1
Why create a thread for nigerians only? Typical...

There's an African thread too.

No need to be rude:rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending