The Student Room Group

Very strange experiences last night?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by amie05
I'm not upset, just confussed!!

Wow, I just re read this post... 4 years later. It sounds very very strange, as if it wasn't even me talking... I'm not sure why I even got angry at you?? :s-smilie: Sorry
Original post by jermay88
Wow, I just re read this post... 4 years later. It sounds very very strange, as if it wasn't even me talking... I'm not sure why I even got angry at you?? :s-smilie: Sorry

Is it all just an extension of your dream o.O? What is love? What is life?
Reply 42
Original post by Dr. Django
Is it all just an extension of your dream o.O? What is love? What is life?

lol no. Im referring to the fact I seemed to get angry for no reason. The dream strangeness remains. Since then it's happened a couple of more times. Possibly too much bombay mix?
I had a very strange night last night. I fell asleep quite late with all the lights on as I was watching TV and couldn't be bothered to get up to swtich the light off. I first remember being in a dream in which I was in the army. At first I didn't realise I was asleep. I just thought I was a soldier. Then I remember not liking what one of my superiors had ordered my squad to do, and I thought ''this is just a dream, why should I listen to them?''. At that point EVERYTHING in my dream went silent and froze. I had no fear of my superiors, and I went right up to them. They didn't move or talk or anything. The dream scenery started to become so lifelike it was almost more realistic than real life!! After this very real strange dream I woke up and dozed on and off for a bit. I remember blinking my eyes (whilst awake) and seeing a large firey porthole open up in my room about 4 metres from my bed. Standing in front of it was a large dark figure that I heard whisper "it's christmas". I then blinked again and it had dissapeared!
I then fell asleep AGAIN and woke up again later. Now it was around 7am. I remember feeling very relaxed and comfortable and closing my eyes. Suddenly I found myself floating next to my bed, about a metre away to my left, about a metre high. I mean literaly flying. I felt like I was literaly superman floating in mid air. I had my eyes closed but I could sense where I was floating. During this I could hear a deep low rumbling noise. After a few seconds of floating I felt a sense of extreme terror run through me and I almost automatically found myself back in bed. I was awake when this happened, not asleep, nor tired at all!

What the hell was all this?!

You first experienced lucid dreaming. When you realise your in a dream and you can control it rather than watching it.

Seems like you went into rapid eye movement and you awoke to hallucinations in a transition between lucid dreaming and consciousness.

Then the floating thing is very rare indeed. It is called an out of body experience thought to be your soul leaving your body in the transition from sleep paralysis to sleep.

The figure is a common occurrence in OBE'S and is a figure of your imagination.However some say it is a demon.

So you had a lucid dream. And an OBE. I suggest you research it more it's fun.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Original post by Electricity
You first experienced lucid dreaming. When you realise your in a dream and you can control it rather than watching it.

Seems like you went into rapid eye movement and you awoke to hallucinations in a transition between lucid dreaming and consciousness.

Then the floating thing is very rare indeed. It is called an out of body experience thought to be your soul leaving your body in the transition from sleep paralysis to sleep.

The figure is a common occurrence in OBE'S and is a figure of your imagination.However some say it is a demon.

So you had a lucid dream. And an OBE. I suggest you research it more it's fun.

Posted from TSR Mobile

A demon lol... it did seem like my mind was trying to portray an image of a demon or something, but unfortunately demons don't exist... a ridiculously hilarious concept. It didn't have a pitch fork though to poke me with so it might not have been?
A demon lol... it did seem like my mind was trying to portray an image of a demon or something, but unfortunately demons don't exist... a ridiculously hilarious concept. It didn't have a pitch fork though to poke me with so it might not have been?

Yeah your conscience imagined it its a stereotype. It happened to me too and I panicked and woke up because it was pacing towards me rapidly. OMG.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
Yeah your conscience imagined it its a stereotype. It happened to me too and I panicked and woke up because it was pacing towards me rapidly. OMG.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Another time it happened I saw an alien running towards me lol. I knew it wasn't real, I just quickly closed my eyes and woke up.
Another time it happened I saw an alien running towards me lol. I knew it wasn't real, I just quickly closed my eyes and woke up.

If your an experienced lucid dreamer you can fight it or even make it dissapeared or morph. I was lucid dreaming last month and I immediately flew outside and morphed a lamppost into a lion and rode it on the street. I got too excited and woke up. Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
If your an experienced lucid dreamer you can fight it or even make it dissapeared or morph. I was lucid dreaming last month and I immediately flew outside and morphed a lamppost into a lion and rode it on the street. I got too excited and woke up. Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol fighting it sounds epic. I think the first step would be to not get too scared... however, it's relatively easy to get out of the sleep mode when you're haivng one. You just close your eyes and chill out for a few seconds and wake up!
you had a lucid dream. I get them a lot if you want to discuss it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending