The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 640
Original post by qua
Well, De Boer's philosophy does fit Arsenal quite well and would add some pragmatism that AW is lacking, as it's based on possession, attacking football with high pressing. Not sure whether he would stick with his Ajax formation but he plays 433, which I think could work out. Klaassen's/De Jong's and Serero's roles would suit Özil and Ramsey respectively, perhaps even better than the current system as De Boer's is quicker in its build-up play going forward. Although it would require a high workrate as well.

For that AFC would need a better DM, a proper left winger that isn't another midfielder to rotate with Cazorla depending on the opponent, and of course a better/different striker than Giroud- i.e. all positions Arsenal need strengthening in anyway.

If Arsenal were to play 4-3-3 what would our line up be? We've actually tried it this season in our 3rd match vs Tottenham. It didn't seem to work very well at all, regardless of our 1-0 win since Tottenham don't exactly have the best finishers. Again hurr durr injuries and ofcourse it wasn't our optimal XI this season, all which could be addressed for next. If we were to play 4-3-3, where would you place Ozil? Putting him in the front 3 wouldn't make sense since he isn't a winger nor a striker. Putting him in the middle line could turn out to be decent attacking wise but wouldn't we be open defensively, especially if Ramsey or Wilshere was along side? We play 4-2-3-1 at the moment right? What if we switch to 4-2-1-3. Our defensive back 4, a new CDM + Ramsey, Ozil, then have our striker up front and our two wingers slightly pushed further up. Chamberlain/Walcott have the pace for it, not so sure how well Podolski and Rosicky would fit into our system. Cazorla would rotate with Ozil but I doubt he'd ever want to stay as a squad player and he won't be in shortage of clubs trying to sign him. This would only work if we get a really solid defensive mid, but who is even available for that?
Original post by weeknd5000
If man united get klopp, I'm gonna be pissed

He's already been ruled out. Looking at the very limited options available, Arsenal had better hope Wenger doesn't decide to call it a day this summer. There's very few candidates out there who are proven winners.
Nooooo woke up to the sad news of Moyes' sacking.
Reply 643
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Nooooo woke up to the sad news of Moyes' sacking.

Not sure if trolling
Not sure if sarcasm
Not sure if sad that UTD gonna improve
Not sure if secret Moyes fanboy(girl)
Not sure if I know what I'm even saying

:colonhash:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AR_95
Not sure if trolling
Not sure if sarcasm
Not sure if sad that UTD gonna improve
Not sure if secret Moyes fanboy(girl)
Not sure if I know what I'm even saying

:colonhash:

Lemme help you.
Lines 3 and 5 :tongue:
Original post by NDGAARONDI
Wenger would probably survive a season of not qualifying for the CL though. I get why it is important to qualify but I seem to remember Chelsea getting stick for sacking Scolari. But this is not unique at the top. Norwich sacked Hughton hoping to get something from the Fulham match by the looks of it, and the average tenure of Championship managers is quite short, because of the financial gravy train promotion gives.
I think it comes down to more than results. Moyes had the backing of most of the fans until post Xmas, and even had a mini revival with the CL games. What has killed him has really been the second half of the season. Its the lack of change that is the issue, Everton had all the hallmarks of the season so far, and he provided the same **** excuse. He's now had time to learn the team to implement a style, he had a full team, he's had two window and a club record signing. The team is sleep walking, and he seems to have no intention of changing anything about our current situation. Pretending problems don't exist and just leaving them will kill you, as AVB cannot seem to learn. Wenger has enough credit in the bank that he knows what he's doing, and he can deliver at the level needed. Although I'm not so sure he's survive it tbh, and issue of stagnation more than talent might seem him resign, I doubt he'd be fired. Scolari didn't get the second half of the season which is why it was criticised, and he was still in the top 4 spots.

Far too much sacking goes on at the bottom tbh. Most managers are pretty much form managers. They come in get the new manager boost splash cash on new players most of whom flop, and they are gone a season or two later. Its a short sighted and expensive way to go about things.
I hope Giggs does well for the for four games and they give him a two year contract!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pete_91
His bias is pathetic, he never turns up when we're doing well and as soon as we lose a game he comes crawling out of the woodwork. He uses 5 years old videos of a team that contains almost none of the same players to criticise a defensive system that he has never done for any other team at all. Has predicted Liverpool to win the league year on year since 2005, too.

He's pathetically biased, fans of every club bar Liverpool can see it, you lot are just delusional.

aww diddums did big bad Alan tell you that you were ****?

If he's highlighting something from a few years ago with none of the same players, do you not think it could be him highlighting that Wenger has systemically had the same problems in defensive organisation, and has been stubborn about it and not changed them? (something I've been telling you lot for the last few months). He's actually consistent about it as well, I remember an MOTD last year with a London derby in it, in which Hansen ****ing ripped into your defence and Spurs' defence for your high lines, and this season when discussing your highline, they referred to that same game.

Yeah, I'm sure he's predicted a Lpool league win every single year since 2005. Very plausible. In any case, predictions (ie foresight) are unrelated to analysis (hindsight/forensics). Here are Gary Neville's start of season predictions, http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2394832/Jamie-Carragher-Gary-Neville-Premier-League-preview.html , his predicted Champions are languishing in 7th. AKA Neville is a **** pundit right?

You're ****, Hansen tells you that you're ****. He has a bone to pick with your defence, your weak mentality, and the fact that you're spineless bottlers. He has no bias against any other team, even at the half way point of the year, he was saying Rooney/RvP are a better striker partnership than Suarez and Sturridge. What I've noticed is that he's a definite traditional, he values proven successes and experience much more than youth and newcomers, but he is not biased towards Liverpool like you say. And even if he is, pretty much every pundit out there is biased a little towards their old club. Hansen ****ing jizzes himself every time that Silva comes on screen, more so than any Liverpool player, and is likewise complimentary of Everton players.

You're ****, Hansen tells you that you're ****, get over it.
lol it's like lfc and united swapped places in the space of one season.
Original post by matchdayG

If he's highlighting something from a few years ago with none of the same players, do you not think it could be him highlighting that Wenger has systemically had the same problems in defensive organisation, and has been stubborn about it and not changed them? (something I've been telling you lot for the last few months). He's actually consistent about it as well, I remember an MOTD last year with a London derby in it, in which Hansen ****ing ripped into your defence and Spurs' defence for your high lines, and this season when discussing your highline, they referred to that same game.

Yeah, I'm sure he's predicted a Lpool league win every single year since 2005. Very plausible. In any case, predictions (ie foresight) are unrelated to analysis (hindsight/forensics). Here are Gary Neville's start of season predictions, http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2394832/Jamie-Carragher-Gary-Neville-Premier-League-preview.html , his predicted Champions are languishing in 7th. AKA Neville is a **** pundit right?

You're ****, Hansen tells you that you're ****. He has a bone to pick with your defence, your weak mentality, and the fact that you're spineless bottlers. He has no bias against any other team, even at the half way point of the year, he was saying Rooney/RvP are a better striker partnership than Suarez and Sturridge. What I've noticed is that he's a definite traditional, he values proven successes and experience much more than youth and newcomers, but he is not biased towards Liverpool like you say. And even if he is, pretty much every pundit out there is biased a little towards their old club. Hansen ****ing jizzes himself every time that Silva comes on screen, more so than any Liverpool player, and is likewise complimentary of Everton players.

Lol.

Sit down, son.
Original post by EmperorMustard
Lol.

Sit down, son.

brb eating a apple crumble
How many impartial pundits are there anyway?
Original post by sevchenko
De Boer and Bergkamp should should form the management team for Arsenal because "They know what they're doing" Is that all you can say for them, what is that statement based on? There's no analysis of their tactics, no strength or weaknesses and no mention of his managerial style.

Be honest you only mentioned De Boer because Ajax are doing well and Bergkamp is an Arsenal legend. I bet you've never watched an Ajax game at all this season.

Your just mentioning names mate. You don't have a clue about who should take over, neither do I tbf but for sure I'll form a more comprehensive argument for my candidate to take over Arsenal than "They know what they're doing"

I didn't have time to go into detail earlier I was just responding to your dismissive remark. Ajax have previous for being the breeding ground of managerial talent, I have watched a few Ajax games and they seem to be relatively philosophically succinct with our style. And yes, Bergkamp is an Arsenal legend, how that is counting against him is beyond me, considering he's proven pretty adept in the Ajax academy and with the assistant managers job. That duo are in the mould of Cruyff imo, probably have less of an ego combined than Cruyff did alone but nonetheless I expect they'll be at a top European club in a few years maximum.

A tad presumptuous, wasn't your post?

You are probably the only person on the planet that supports his analysis. That should tell you enough. Granted his criticism of our defence is generally valid, my point is he only focuses on that, he has nothing nice to say about us in the slightest. We could win a game 6-1 and the MOTD analysis would be 95% about how useless we were at defending the 1 goal conceded. They also very selectively show highlights for us, missing ridiculous fouls against us and showing the majority of ours, even Dixon complained about that when he was on the show. It's not a conspiracy it's establishment bias and Hansen epitomises that.

As for predictions this season was impossible to predict, not a single person predicted United as 7th. There's a difference between that and saying this is Liverpool year on MOTD year on year from 05.

He still hasn't gotten over '89 and never will. Good riddance.
How many impartial pundits are there anyway?

Neville
Dixon
Lawrenson (mostly)
Keane (anti-everyone)
His salary has nothing to do with it, and right, thanks for just skipping out the bits where he specifically points out which errors the defence has made. Cba arguing this, you hate the guy because he tells you what you are

His salary is funded by the taxpayer.
Original post by Pete_91
Neville
Dixon
Lawrenson (mostly)
Keane (anti-everyone)

Im not sure Gary Neville is as impartial as he is due to the comments I have seen from Utd fans who have frequently stated that Gary is not going full blown on his criticism of Moyes. If you work in media, you should not do that. It's the same with Ian Wright when he stops short of calling for Wenger's sacking despite the damning criticism he's given of Arsenal. Lee Dixon is a good shout. Wouldn't really call Lawrenson as a pundit tbh.
Im not sure Gary Neville is as impartial as he is due to the comments I have seen from Utd fans who have frequently stated that Gary is not going full blown on his criticism of Moyes. If you work in media, you should not do that. It's the same with Ian Wright when he stops short of calling for Wenger's sacking despite the damning criticism he's given of Arsenal. Lee Dixon is a good shout. Wouldn't really call Lawrenson as a pundit tbh.

I think Gary is more pissed off at how they dealt with the sacking than anything. Maybe he genuinely believed moyes could turn it around?

does gary go full blown in his criticism of any manager?
didnt realise that chick who got our misc thread banned is banned herself lol
Original post by Pete_91
You are probably the only person on the planet that supports his analysis. That should tell you enough. Granted his criticism of our defence is generally valid, my point is he only focuses on that, he has nothing nice to say about us in the slightest. We could win a game 6-1 and the MOTD analysis would be 95% about how useless we were at defending the 1 goal conceded. They also very selectively show highlights for us, missing ridiculous fouls against us and showing the majority of ours, even Dixon complained about that when he was on the show. It's not a conspiracy it's establishment bias and Hansen epitomises that.

As for predictions this season was impossible to predict, not a single person predicted United as 7th. There's a difference between that and saying this is Liverpool year on MOTD year on year from 05.

He still hasn't gotten over '89 and never will. Good riddance.

I'm not the only person - the people of England are clearly satisfied with him given they haven't complained about him for the past 20 years.

So your beef is essentially that he hates you. We've gone from him being a **** pundit, to he hates Arsenal (which I was readily willing to admit could be the case, before). Pulis complained about MOTD highlights being unfair to his Palace team a month ago, therefore establishment bias against Crystal Palace. Yep. The BBC hates Arsenal, yep.

Haha, Alan Hansen who won maybe 8-10 leagues and 3 or 4 European cups, being bitter over a season that he didn't even play much in. Yeah, sure. It's not really good riddance - because he's not being gotten rid of, he's choosing to go.

Latest