The Student Room Group

Any Ukip Supporters

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Dictator
UKIP are libertarian....

nah they're not, I wish they were though
Original post by Sunny_Smiles
nah they're not, I wish they were though

They are -_- their official platform is right-wing libertarianism. They support lower taxes, less regulation on business, drug legalisation, the legalisation of abortion, the legalisation of euthanasia and officially support gay marriage, just disagree with the gay marriage bill whilst we remain a member of the European Court of Human Rights. It's on their website, check it out. They are actually pretty much to the left of me on social issues, and not as conservative as I once thought they were. I still support their ideas for the most part though.
Reply 42
but aren't they racist
They are -_- their official platform is right-wing libertarianism. They support lower taxes, less regulation on business, drug legalisation, the legalisation of abortion, the legalisation of euthanasia and officially support gay marriage, just disagree with the gay marriage bill whilst we remain a member of the European Court of Human Rights. It's on their website, check it out. They are actually pretty much to the left of me on social issues, and not as conservative as I once thought they were. I still support their ideas for the most part though.

they support drug legalisation and euthanasia? what suggests that? nigel farage said that although he personally wants to legalise drugs, his party "share the view of peter hitchens" which is to enforce the war on drugs even more than it already is
they support drug legalisation and euthanasia? what suggests that? nigel farage said that although he personally wants to legalise drugs, his party "share the view of peter hitchens" which is to enforce the war on drugs even more than it already is

From what I have read that is their official stance. Or perhaps the political party quiz I took made UKIP's views indistinguishable from Farage's own. I acknowledge that there is a large element in UKIP that is to the right of the Tories on social issues. That will change as the party becomes larger and seeks to broaden its support base, like all the parties. FPTP means no party can survive as a fringe. I sympathise deeply with UKIP but it is unlikely they'll make it to power unless they make the changes I have described.
Reply 45
UKIP are libertarian....

UKIP are not libertarian, that honour belongs to the Libertarian Party http://libertarianpartyuk.com/

edit: The site is out of date.
Original post by Arbolus
I've got the point much better than you have.

For voting in elections for the European Parliament, all that should matter is that the voters are European citizens. Precisely where in the EU they come from ought to be irrelevant.

So you are saying you understand my own point better than me? #mental
Reply 47
I'm with you there; I finally made up my mind (to side with UKIP, at least definitely for "le european electione") when apparently the net immigration figure last year was like 300k/350k(?) - I'd honestly never seen in so high...maybe it was as high as that but it left me that kind of number in my memory...and this was supposed to be the government that supposed to be lowering the immigration "from the hundreds of thousands to the tens of thousands"

Me too, and I'm actually an immigrant who moved here as a child :P I'm seriously worried about immigration because I have seen what kind of people they let in and milk the system while having no allegiance to the UK whatsoever. The very last thing I want to see is native British people starting to blame minorities - which is inevitable in economic hardship. This will only get worse with mass immigration and a lot of people just don't get it...
Reply 48
Original post by thunder_chunky
Nigel Farage said that if they don't win one seat he'll step down as leader. It would be good to see the egg on his face.

Unlike the (literal) blood last time?
Reply 49
Original post by Yi-Ge-Ningderen
Yes, and the views and expectations of regional MEP's are being distorted by immigrants. They should not be allowed to vote.

Given this is how you think the vote will pan out:

Original post by Yi-Ge-Ningderen

ukip 48
cons 29
lab 12
Liberal 2
other 1

around that, remember per cent spread randomly

They aren't going to have a massive effect in May... (assuming immigrants don't vote UKIP).
Reply 50
I just joined UKIP paid my £15 and everything.
Reply 51
Original post by crayz
I just joined UKIP paid my £15 and everything.

What do you get? What do you have to do?
Reply 52
Reply 53
Original post by vabracadabra
What do you get? What do you have to do?

Signed up and paid now I am just waiting to see what happens next.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending