The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL postgrad accommodation

Hello there.
I'm moving to London in September and read at the official website that postgrad students are adviced to look for private accommodation. I've made my research but still need a few tips. For example, I have Therese House, CRM arcade and Mansion student Bloomsbury in mind but I would like to hear a little about social life there, opinions regarding living conditions etc. Furthermore, does anybody know any other private properties ideal for postgraduates? I am mainly interested in having an en-suite bedroom. Thanks a lot in advance!
Reply 1
Original post by geodel2110
Hello there.
I'm moving to London in September and read at the official website that postgrad students are adviced to look for private accommodation. I've made my research but still need a few tips. For example, I have Therese House, CRM arcade and Mansion student Bloomsbury in mind but I would like to hear a little about social life there, opinions regarding living conditions etc. Furthermore, does anybody know any other private properties ideal for postgraduates? I am mainly interested in having an en-suite bedroom. Thanks a lot in advance!

Hi, I think for international students (and first time in London), postgraduate accommodation is possible if you apply to one of the intercollegiate halls. Otherwise there are plenty of private halls, look through the UCL website, they will link you to the different private halls in London. (Indian YMCA/cass/claredale and there are more expensive options like woburn place etc...). There is also a facebook group online for postgrad finding housemate for private properties.

With regards to life at UCL, you shouldn't go wrong in London, undergrads tends to party more, and postgrads tends to focus more on work and finding a job etc.. but it is all about finding the right group of friends for yourself, and there are plenty of events and social activities where you can explore. Living condition, rooms tends to be small to fair sized ranged, but it is quite expensive. There are plenty of convenient supermarkets around tho.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by dawgnut
Hi, I think for international students (and first time in London), postgraduate accommodation is possible if you apply to one of the intercollegiate halls. Otherwise there are plenty of private halls, look through the UCL website, they will link you to the different private halls in London. (Indian YMCA/cass/claredale and there are more expensive options like woburn place etc...). There is also a facebook group online for postgrad finding housemate for private properties.

With regards to life at UCL, you shouldn't go wrong in London, undergrads tends to party more, and postgrads tends to focus more on work and finding a job etc.. but it is all about finding the right group of friends for yourself, and there are plenty of events and social activities where you can explore. Living condition, rooms tends to be small to fair sized ranged, but it is quite expensive. There are plenty of convenient supermarkets around tho.

Thank you very much for all the information. I checked the intercollegiate halls, but I think I'll be sticking with the private ones that do not require any UCL interference. Have you ever heard anything about Pure Highbury or Therese House? They are both alternative accommodation options I found on the website of UCL but I can't find any reviews.. Thanks again! :smile:
Reply 3
Hi, I'll be an international postgraduate student at UCL from September. I decided to go ahead with Nido King's Cross due to some positive reviews and because it is walking distance to UCL. Have you looked into it?

What course are you doing at UCL / where are you from?
Reply 4
Original post by RedSe7en
Hi, I'll be an international postgraduate student at UCL from September. I decided to go ahead with Nido King's Cross due to some positive reviews and because it is walking distance to UCL. Have you looked into it?

What course are you doing at UCL / where are you from?

Well, that's a great choice, but unfortunately all the affordable rooms have been sold out (affordable for me anyway). I'm still searching, but I think I'm gonna go with Pure Highbury. I'm sending you an inbox.
Reply 5
Original post by dawgnut

Hey there! could you PM me the link of the Facebook group please? I can't seem to find it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending