The Student Room Group

'Follow' page - how to see the full list?

On my Follow page, I can only see the first 20 of people following me and being followed. There is no "more..." button or link to the next page.

For reasons of vanity, I wish to count the number of followers I have and see the full list. :smug: How do I go about getting this important figure?

Scroll to see replies

I want to know this as well :frown:
And I wish the follow list thing was displayed on our profiles like it used to be, I need an easy way to access friends' profiles (not for stalking, of course, nuh uhhh:plz2:).
Original post by Fullofsurprises
On my Follow page, I can only see the first 20 of people following me and being followed. There is no "more..." button or link to the next page.

For reasons of vanity, I wish to count the number of followers I have and see the full list. :smug: How do I go about getting this important figure?

Is it this page that you're looking at? https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/follow.php

It shows the full list for me, AFAIK, without being limited to 20 :dontknow:

Edit: you have 66 followers, if that helps? :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Illusionary
Is it this page that you're looking at? https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/follow.php

It shows the full list for me, AFAIK, without being limited to 20 :dontknow:

No, I only see 20 Followers and Followed. :sad:

It's certainly nice to know that I have accumulated 66. :cookie: I wonder if there is a ranking table? This could be a new TSR award. :colone:
Reply 4
(67 followers)

There you go :smile:

- 66 now i've deleted you.

Make that 67. Another one just came through. :lol:

Was this a case of 'Apple Blinkers'? Apparently web designers and agencies had a tendency not to know how their sites looked on humble windows machines. The same can be true of admins who only see what they see and do not realise that others do not see what they see. :biggrin:
Original post by samba
(67 followers)

There you go :smile:

- 66 now i've deleted you.

Ouch. That hurt. My pride. :cry2:
Reply 7
Ouch. That hurt. My pride. :cry2:

I'm more a leader than a follower. :smile:

If it's any consolation, you occasionally argue points well and I read/skim some of your posts. :yes: Even if the points themselves are often completely loony. :p:
No, I only see 20 Followers and Followed. :sad:

It's certainly nice to know that I have accumulated 66. :cookie: I wonder if there is a ranking table? This could be a new TSR award. :colone:

I'm sure that such a thing could be put together, if the community team wanted it. Doesn't exist yet, though, at least not publicly :nah:

Spoiler

I'm sure that such a thing could be put together, if the community team wanted it. Doesn't exist yet, though, at least not publicly :nah:

Spoiler

I feel strangely proud that I have achieved more than a third of the followers of your Illusionaryship. I suspect the gap can only narrow as time goes on. :cool:

In the meantime, it would be nice to have the basic feature working properly, so that one can properly bask in the glow of one's followershipness.
Original post by samba
I'm more a leader than a follower. :smile:

If it's any consolation, you occasionally argue points well and I read/skim some of your posts. :yes: Even if the points themselves are often completely loony. :p:

Your appreciation of my madness is much appreciated. :hat2: Although I would work harder on the whole passive/aggressive thing. :shakecane:
Reply 11
Your appreciation of my madness is much appreciated. :hat2: Although I would work harder on the whole passive/aggressive thing. :shakecane:

Haha. From me that's a backhanded compliment, not vice versa :p: Aggressive passiveness perhaps?
Original post by samba
Haha. From me that's a backhanded compliment, not vice versa :p: Aggressive passiveness perhaps?

I would hate to have received the complementary backhand. :eek:
Reply 13
I would hate to have received the complementary backhand. :eek:

See, this is why I don't follow you. You don't like it rough enough. :sad:
Reply 14
The full list is supposed to appear on the page when you scroll down.

I thought this was broken but now I'm not sure. :erm: Possibly a unicorn bug. If you're only seeing 20 on the page, do you notice anything else on the page that's broken (e.g. missing ads)? And which browser are you using?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Dez
The full list is supposed to appear on the page when you scroll down.

I thought this was broken but now I'm not sure. :erm: Possibly a unicorn bug. If you're only seeing 20 on the page, do you notice anything else on the page that's broken (e.g. missing ads)? And which browser are you using?

A 'unicorn bug'? That sounds sweet, like a white beetle with a single horn maybe? :biggrin:

I never see ads because I use adblockers with Chrome.

I've looked at it on different browsers and different platforms now. It doesn't list the full (68?) followers I have on any of them.

Ipad - shows a long column with about 40 followers.

Samsung Galaxy Note - ditto. (Chrome)

Chrome under Windows 8 - shows two columns of 20.

Firefox under Win 8 - columns of 20.

:smile:
Reply 16
A 'unicorn bug'? That sounds sweet, like a white beetle with a single horn maybe? :biggrin:

I never see ads because I use adblockers with Chrome.

I've looked at it on different browsers and different platforms now. It doesn't list the full (68?) followers I have on any of them.

Ipad - shows a long column with about 40 followers.

Samsung Galaxy Note - ditto. (Chrome)

Chrome under Windows 8 - shows two columns of 20.

Firefox under Win 8 - columns of 20.

:smile:

Unicorns are rare and only a few people can see them, while others look and see nothing. Some software bugs behave the same way, hence the terminology. I think Google coined it originally.

On Chrome, if you open up the console (Ctrl+Shift+I, then click Console tab), are there any errors (red font) when you scroll down the page?

secretmessages
x

HokeyWolf
x

Might need you guys to investigate this…
I'm the same as Fullofsurprises. I have two columns of 20 on my followers page. :frown: I use the adblock thing and Firefox.
Original post by Dez
Unicorns are rare and only a few people can see them, while others look and see nothing. Some software bugs behave the same way, hence the terminology. I think Google coined it originally.

On Chrome, if you open up the console (Ctrl+Shift+I, then click Console tab), are there any errors (red font) when you scroll down the page?

Might need you guys to investigate this…

Yes, there were some red errors. I am PM'ing you a printscreen.
i am using Chrome... all my followers & followees are present :borat:

Quick Reply

Latest