The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by matchdayG
Zurich mate, just a little request.

Every time someone disrespects Wenger when I'm not around, you bang out 'Wenger got us a new stadium'.

For once in your life, could you elaborate on this please? Explain how Wenger's net spend directly contributed to you building a new stadium. If you don't want to give a detailed answer (which I'd much prefer you did, so you can clarify this for all of us), then at least answer the following two questions:

-Arsenal is a club with massive commercial revenue, and is in good financial health. If loans of say £20m for spending on players were taken out every summer, would Arsenal not have been able to pay these back in good time, maybe not had quite as large cash reserves right now, but obviously had a much better and more successful team? Madrid have debts of 500m euros largely off player spending but no-one doubts their financial health.

-What I don't understand now is that here we are, 8 years on from your stadium being built, you have cash reserves of £150m+ or whatever it is, surely these reserves have taken years to build up? Why have they not been spent and aided the development of the team? Is this not Wenger's fault?

But I'd much prefer you gave a detailed explanation, or at least linked to a site that would explain this financial 'miracle' of Wenger's.

OMG THIS!! I don't know how long I've been saying this but the money did not appear overnight, it's been steadily growing for the past few years but Arsene has made the conscious decision not to spend it, because Arsene more often than not, is unwilling to budge on a players valuation. But I do think the inability to close deals from our board has what has ****ed us over on many occasion. Dick Law, whoever this bloke is, cannot close deals to save his life, and before anyone mentions Ozil, think of the deals that went pear shaped because we dicked about, Mata, Suarez, Higuain. So if anything, it may be a combination of the two, Arsene not being to prepared to part with the cash and no one upstairs who has an idea about what is going on.
Original post by Peggles_*
Well yes, yes I did! But my point is, is that the none believers as out there and more of them are appearing!!

I think there is a case to be made that they're becoming more vocal in their anti-Wenger sentiment, but whether or not the group is becoming greater is debatable.

If we finish fourth and win the FA Cup it'll be all be forgotten about and everyone will be on the summer transfer window hype.

If they miss out on CL, and all his loanee's go to their parent clubs, he's back to square one, him with all those on my list, the possible transfer kitty of £100m is one that may be inticing.

IIRC Barry's out of contract at City - so it would appear that he'll be switching clubs.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lukaku was loaned out to Everton for another year; after all, he's only 20 and is still far too inexperienced for Chelsea's XI. Expect Diego Costa - Torres switch and Lukaku to replace Costa when he's done.

New challenge maybe? He's already been there for 3 years, granted he's on the cusp of eclipsing what he's done previous at Atleti but one can hope!

I can't see it happening, and think he'd be mad to move in the summer. Give it 2-3 more years at least.

Led Benfica to their first title since 2009/10, Europa league finalists last year with the chance of doing it again, and simply because of the score line gesture he did to Sherwood! :colone:

The guy has no class.

I just want Dennis back at the club in some role really!! DB & DB :coma:

Agreed.

Hopefully it would pave the way for some of the Invincibles to receive coaching roles.
Original post by Miel Purple
:colonhash: don't speak foul of her in her absence...

lol I'm not joking, her stalker mu15 found her on on the misc on BB lol. read through our misc thread, it's in there somewhere
lol jorge jesus the guy is mug, albeit perhaps a successful one
Original post by Stalin
When your club is bankrolled by the Spanish government, which is bailed out by the European Union, it's become 'too big to fail' - this isn't financially healthy in the slightest and it's only a matter of time before Real get slapped by policymakers in Brussels because of their ridiculous transfer spending policy, whereby it's become the norm for their club to have record transfer fees whilst twenty-five per cent of Spain is unemployed and fifty per cent of people under the age of twenty-five are unemployed.

I'm well aware of Spain's economic problems but like **** will Madrid get slapped with anything. They're a law unto themselves and will just point to their revenues and cash in hand.

I should have said financial power, not financial health, for Madrid, my bad.
lol I'm not joking, her stalker mu15 found her on on the misc on BB lol. read through our misc thread, it's in there somewhere

I swear Deshi popped up a couple of days after me pointing out her bb.com profile, yet I'm the only stalker :colonhash:
Original post by manchesterunited15
I swear Deshi popped up a couple of days after me pointing out her bb.com profile, yet I'm the only stalker :colonhash:

truth hurts
StraightupG preaching sense after years of nonsense.

And you won't get 2/3 suarez, they are one off purchases that come along only once in a while.

you got a guy that cryuff rated in the top 3 ajax players of all time before he left for 22mill lucky mugs.
(edited 9 years ago)

I guess I didn't know her after all :frown:

Leave her alone :lol: but I'm free :flutter:
Reply 770

u wot

I was browsing the misc and clicked on a three page thread on the front page and the OP happened to be that groovy girl :rofl2:

She got destroyed in the thread, suffice to say.
Wait what who's stalking who?
Reply 772
Original post by Kruz
Wait what who's stalking who?

mu15 is the stalker and he's trying to deflect it onto me :rofl2:
these 2 need to get a premier inn asap, rocky style. the sexual tension between them is too damn high. i bet mu15 is happy that shes a gym lass though, he's got a gym buddy for life in her, let the awkward male-female spotting begin.
Original post by Deshi
u wot

I was browsing the misc and clicked on a three page thread on the front page and the OP happened to be that groovy girl :rofl2:

Original post by Deshi
mu15 is the stalker and he's trying to deflect it onto me :rofl2:

lol no it was exactly the same for me, i was in a thread that she posted in and its hard to miss her with her avatar
Those WOB need to gtfo. Go support your plastic clubs.
Original post by DurhamXI
Those WOB need to gtfo. Go support your plastic clubs.

lool, just because we don't share the same view as the AKB and aren't blinded by AW doesn't make us lesser fans. We are fans of Arsenal FC not Arsene FC and don't talk to me about all that bull**** about how the two are intertwined and will be for eternity, we existed long before he arrived and will do so long after he leaves.
(edited 9 years ago)
pegz goin in
Original post by Deshi
u wot

Man I need to see that thread. Sounds like something I'd enjoy reading. Link?
Original post by Peggles_*
lool, just because we don't share the same view as the AKB and aren't blinded by AW doesn't make us lesser fans. We are fans of Arsenal FC not Arsene FC and don't talk to me about all that bull**** about how the two are intertwined and will be for eternity, we existing long before he arrived and will do so long after he leaves.

You have no concept of the club's plans. You know **** all about what Wenger does and quite frankly the club would be worse off than United if we sack him. We would have to recruit a whole team of people just to do all the things he does for this club. You have no ****ing idea.

Latest