The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Nursing at Queens 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by emmas01
I'm actually applying for a very different School in Queen's. I'm doing some work experience in Queen's atm and one of things I'm doing is helping the School of Nursing and Midwifery with their social side so I'm trying to help with frequently asked questions. So if you have any burning questions let me know and I can pass it on or answer it If I have the info!

Also applying for university is hard! Definitely not good for the stress levels!

We had queens tortured last year because they were slacking so badly with interviews, haha.
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 21
Original post by hipbones
We had queens tortured last year because they were slacking so badly with interviews, haha.

They have different rules about what they can and can't do because of the trust. Unlike other Unis they have to wait before they can send out interviews and it even takes a while before ucas sends them all through even if the date is 15th Jan. Then they 4700 applications to mark. Quite a job!
Reply 22
O dear, lots of applications!!!!
UCAS have my updated my Queens status twice, i wonder does this mean anything??there has been no changes though, still says 'considering your choice' :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by emmas01
They do send them out alphabetically and they do an A-Z batch at one time. Then wait for replies, before moving onto their next batch of A-Z. If applications are missing some information that can also delay things!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/QUB-School-of-Nursing-and-Midwifery/316822261777439

Mine wasn't alphabetical, two friends with Mc names were interviewed a week after me, and I am an R.

JUST REREAD THAT, and now see that they send out some a-z and then new a-z, so disregard my comment. lol :O)
(edited 10 years ago)
Hi everyone,has anybody not heard from queens yet? I'm still waiting :frown: this is my third time applying and have had 2 interviews with them before,I have a degree in health and social care now too so I don't see why I shouldn't get one this time :/ it's so stressful not hearing! And I've contacted admissions twice to see and they were so unhelpful!
Has anyone had any offers yet? its driving me madddd
Reply 26
Nope, not really expecting to hear anythng before 8th May :-(

Original post by kathrynmerrigan
Has anyone had any offers yet? its driving me madddd
Original post by mariep
Nope, not really expecting to hear anythng before 8th May :-(

Thanks, Thats too long away :frown:
Reply 28
I know...the offers and unsuccessfuls are going out on 8th! I wont be able to open my UCAS, waaaay to nerve wracking! Goodluck x

Original post by kathrynmerrigan
Thanks, Thats too long away :frown:
Original post by mariep
I know...the offers and unsuccessfuls are going out on 8th! I wont be able to open my UCAS, waaaay to nerve wracking! Goodluck x

Oh nooo, thats not good! Thank You, Good Luck to you too :redface: x
Original post by mariep

Do you know if that is the whole school or just nursing? (have a friend going for midwifery)
Got offered a place on learning disabilities. ..
Reply 32
Original post by builderboy
Got offered a place on learning disabilities. ..

Congratulations, this board seems compared to when I look back at last year lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Reply 34
Got offered Adult nursing for next Feb, anyone else starting with me????
Indeed... its queens for sept... anybody else get offer for learning disabilities?
Reply 36
Original post by mariep
Got offered Adult nursing for next Feb, anyone else starting with me????

I'm feb intake too for Adult nursing :smile:. Where u from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
From Meath! Living in Kent at the moment and moving back to Belfast end of summer! What about you???
Original post by Ywh12
I'm feb intake too for Adult nursing :smile:. Where u from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Original post by mariep
From Meath! Living in Kent at the moment and moving back to Belfast end of summer! What about you???

I'm from outside Armagh. So you will be living up there that will be handy. I will be travelling up on train id say. Did u have to come over for you interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest