The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes.
Reply 2
When I was like four I had a Srilankan boyfriend for some years. Nothing to do with this thread really, just wanted to share.

edit// just realized this was the longest relationship of my life. Sad.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
When I say "Allowed", I mean their parents/ religion wouldn't have an issue with it?
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
When I say "Allowed", I mean their parents/ religion wouldn't have an issue with it?

surely that depends on how conservative the parents are specifically. some will be cool with it, some not. that is upto the girl to judge.
My friend (white, English) has just shacked up with a Hindu Indian girl.. family seems liberal enough.. That doesn't necessarily have any bearing on your situation, though.
Anyone can date anyone if they really wanted to.

/thread.
no u cannot

i am a very SRIous
Reply 8
Title

As a Srilankan tamil (hindu) I can tell you right now there is no way we will allow our people to mix up with non srilankan hindu ,don't take it personally but we don't believe in interecial dating.

My cousin got beat up because she was dating a white,and my paren'ts told my sister if she dated a white she would be kicked out of the house..

We are really conservative and there are lots of bad stereotypes about white people/black people in dating so we don't date them in general.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
What a question lol

Parents differ, no matter what background they are from. Of course they are "allowed"!
Original post by Bashur
What a question lol

Parents differ, no matter what background they are from. Of course they are "allowed"!

lool u dunno anything about asian parents

White people stop talking for us.....

Most of Srilankan girls are not allowed to date but if they do ,they will go for another Srilankan .

Your white/christian/ so leave it there is no way it will work for you...
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by grgrgr
When I was like four I had a Srilankan boyfriend for some years. Nothing to do with this thread really, just wanted to share.

edit// just realized this was the longest relationship of my life. Sad.

Four years old :eek:
Reply 12
Original post by zed963
Four years old :eek:

Ha it's not like he was a real boyfriend, just a friend who called me his girlfriend. Neither of us even knew what that meant really, we never even kissed or anything :biggrin:
Well I am indian and I couldn't tell my mum about my relationship because my gf was punjabi and I'm not. asians need a relationship thread of their own. these goras don't know sh*t about our parents.
It really depends on how old you are and how open minded her parents are... I know a few sri Lankan girls who are married to white guys....I mean my parents wont let me date until I go Uni!!

They believe education is the number one prority and dating comes later in life...
But if you really like her don't be afraid to take a risk... good luck :biggrin:
Reply 15
Lol how are we supposed to know what your parents are going to allow or not... What kind of ridiculousness...
Reply 16
Title

I don't think that race would be an issue, though religion might be (although I'm not all that familiar with Hinduism).
Well I am indian and I couldn't tell my mum about my relationship because my gf was punjabi and I'm not. asians need a relationship thread of their own. these goras don't know sh*t about our parents.

Srilankan parent's are even more strict than indian parents lol:biggrin:
Original post by Comus
I don't think that race would be an issue, though religion might be (although I'm not all that familiar with Hinduism).

Most of Sri Lankans wait till uni to start dating and some wait till getting an arranged mariage most of us don't believe in pre marital sex and most of Sri Lankan parents will never allow a non Sri Lankan for marriage because of many things like the survival of the tamil culture,some of us follow the caste system,and in our community non srilankans are view as bad.

We don't mind christians but we as Hindus we will never marry one .

We have a strong sense of family and ethnic loyalty ,and most of us believe that when you are getting married ITS FOR LIFE ,divorce is never the option..
Original post by Ggmu!
Lol how are we supposed to know what your parents are going to allow or not... What kind of ridiculousness...

I meant in general.

Latest

Trending

Trending