King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by x_ANT
If any offer-holders would like any more information on King's/the course/accommodation, feel free to ask me (current 2nd year)

I'm currently considering visiting King's on an open day (am in year 12 interested in medicine); if I like it there, I think I will apply, but I was just wondering what the cost of living was like? Am slightly worried about the cost of London :s-smilie: Have heard from one of my friends who goes to King's that it isn't bad, but someone who goes to UCL seems to be struggling a little bit - just wondered your opinion if that's okay? :smile:
Firmed Kings yesterday :biggrin:
declined my offer, hopefully it will benefit those still waiting :smile:
Reply 4624
Anyone still waiting?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alexsk
Anyone still waiting?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am!

:bl:

I just called admissions today and they told me that all final decisions would be made by the 7th of May.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Alexsk
Anyone still waiting?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes :frown: I just want an offer... Please?

This is quite late in the application process, has anyone from february and march interviews been rejected?
Don't lose hope yet! The fact that you are still waiting and have not been rejected means that you still have a chance! Hope to see you next year! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chowkat
Don't lose hope yet! The fact that you are still waiting and have not been rejected means that you still have a chance! Hope to see you next year! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

To be honest I think that KCL are just waiting for some offer holders to reject KCL so that they can give out some more offers to people waiting.
There is NO WAY that it would be taking them this long just to decide who to give offers to.
I have been waiting since December and I'm sure that it's due solely to my mediocre interview performance and not because the admissions department haven't gotten round to evaluating my application.
Reply 4629
But in two weeks its the final deadline from ucas!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm waiting since December. I called UCAS and was told that those who are yet to receive decisions from their choices do not have to meet the deadline of 7th May. They will be given a different deadline to submit their firm and insurance choices. I'd appreciate if someone can call UCAS to see if they get the same information. Thanks in advance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by great life
I'm waiting since December. I called UCAS and was told that those who are yet to receive decisions from their choices do not have to meet the deadline of 7th May. They will be given a different deadline to submit their firm and insurance choices. I'd appreciate if someone can call UCAS to see if they get the same information. Thanks in advance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Here ye go, scroll to the bottom: http://www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works/undergraduate/tracking-your-application/replying-your-offers
Good luck!

Thanks for the link. It will be good to have that extra time to make our final decisions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4633
Its almost may and we have not heard! I am having my Ib exams in just less than two weeks and dont know what grade I should write!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alexsk
Its almost may and we have not heard! I am having my Ib exams in just less than two weeks and dont know what grade I should write!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

The best possible grade that u can achieve regardless of uni decision ( though i know it is very hard to do that without like an offer) but unis wont care about this ... They will care about ur grades irrespective of u having an offer ... The very least try and aim for the minimum entry requirement of the course if u need sort of like an aim ....

Posted from TSR Mobile
I want to get into oxbridge, is there any chance it's possible if you have poor GCSEs but good a levels?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by f.loco
I want to get into oxbridge, is there any chance it's possible if you have poor GCSEs but good a levels?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dont know what you mean by poor gcses .... It would help if you shared the overall stats....
I am assuming u want to apply for med at oxbridge as u have published post in a med forum

Dont know but highly unlikely look at the stats they publish on there website ( i think most have like 9- 10 a *s ... Could be wrong u need to check the website) ...... U might have circumstances .... Drop them an email to the colleges u want to apply to ...
Best of luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
called admissions yesterday and was told still 50 waiting to hear but unable to tell me how many places still available!
Looks as though they are waiting for people to firm or reject offers before they let us know.
Reply 4638
Original post by the rookster
called admissions yesterday and was told still 50 waiting to hear but unable to tell me how many places still available!
Looks as though they are waiting for people to firm or reject offers before they let us know.

Wow! I am one of those 50!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by the rookster

Seems more promising than before:smile: However it feels as though we're so close yet so far :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest