The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Robbie242
photo (32).JPG

No longer got my Cambridge swag, No longer have my stache and still looking 100% beta

lookin good son .

Once u got ur grades get on dat bulk train dough , and them bishes will be mirin
Original post by I'veGotAHadron
Thanks for the new **** material boys :perv:

no worries

Original post by Jaegon Targaryen
lookin good son .

Once u got ur grades get on dat bulk train dough , and them bishes will be mirin

cheers brah.

you got any tips how to get at ticket onto this bulk train? need a starting point,

Indeed they will, all day and night
Original post by Carrot_Cake_13
You look like Blaine from Mi-High XD

*shrugs*

Or do you not think so?

I can't say I see it!

But thank you! I guess?
no worries

cheers brah.

you got any tips how to get at ticket onto this bulk train? need a starting point,

Indeed they will, all day and night

loooooool

well it all depends , your gonna need a bit of £ and about 5 hrs spare per week,

Join a gym , begin doing a 5x5 workout routine (tons of info on fitness section , im sure everyone would be happy to help) , eat like crazy ( advisable to get a protein shake , as most people are nowhere near the recommended protein consumption point to put on muscle ) and watch teh gainz be made.
Original post by Ruthless Dutchman
I can't say I see it!

But thank you! I guess?

Oh gosh... I looked at the pic again I thought you were holding a pencil.

I guess the shape of face and nose looks similar.

He was an awesome actor, it's a shame that the new characters are horrible.

I've stopped watching CBBC though - far too old for that ^.^
Oh gosh... I looked at the pic again I thought you were holding a pencil.

I guess the shape of face and nose looks similar.

He was an awesome actor, it's a shame that the new characters are horrible.

I've stopped watching CBBC though - far too old for that ^.^

Wow, how did you come to that conclusion? XD

Yeah CBBC isn't as good as it used to be.. either that, or we've all matured..
loooooool

well it all depends , your gonna need a bit of £ and about 5 hrs spare per week,

Join a gym , begin doing a 5x5 workout routine (tons of info on fitness section , im sure everyone would be happy to help) , eat like crazy ( advisable to get a protein shake , as most people are nowhere near the recommended protein consumption point to put on muscle ) and watch teh gainz be made.

Well women say they love confidence, so I can be cocky every now and then :wink:

I've got tons of £ (srs) 5hrs spare during holidays, definitely... could completely wreck the gym over the summer, not at the moment though...it'll definitely give me something to do though!

For a beginner who has never used equipment ever before (apart from dumbbells at home lmao), what would you recommend to ease me into it?. Do protein shakes taste bad or are they actually nice tasting?. Gonna be mirin' them gains
Wow, how did you come to that conclusion? XD

Yeah CBBC isn't as good as it used to be.. either that, or we've all matured..

:dontknow:

It looked as if you were looking up to a pencil.. I really don't know lol.

I'll take that we've matured. Although I still tend to watch cartoon - Phineas and Ferb :awesome:
(edited 9 years ago)
Well women say they love confidence, so I can be cocky every now and then :wink:

I've got tons of £ (srs) 5hrs spare during holidays, definitely... could completely wreck the gym over the summer, not at the moment though...it'll definitely give me something to do though!

For a beginner who has never used equipment ever before (apart from dumbbells at home lmao), what would you recommend to ease me into it?. Do protein shakes taste bad or are they actually nice tasting?. Gonna be mirin' them gains

Gonna vouch for the shakes here. I prefer Chocolate Mint since Vanilla can get sickly after a while, strawberry tastes a little odd for me. I usually buy them from Myprotein.com, although they seem to have changed since the last time I bought something from there [[I've been out for 3 years, the shame]] but I hope it's still good, certainly cheaper than Holland & Barretts
FINALLY went home and got a haircut!

100_6876.jpg

inb4 "Holy **** your ears are tiny"

Nice.

Nothing ruins a face more than bad hair.

Stronglifts 5x5 is a popular choice for newbies. Compound lifts using an olympic bar.

Gonna vouch for the shakes here. I prefer Chocolate Mint since Vanilla can get sickly after a while, strawberry tastes a little odd for me. I usually buy them from Myprotein.com, although they seem to have changed since the last time I bought something from there [[I've been out for 3 years, the shame]] but I hope it's still good, certainly cheaper than Holland & Barretts

Do you eat a lot of protein in food? I personally wouldn't use shakes unless I was getting my max from normal food.

Thts the mentality you want to adopt , trust me :biggrin:

Every lifter had to start somewhere , an can all empathize with ur feels right now

Joining the gym at first is going to be incredibly daunting , your going to walk onto the gym mat the first time and look around you , seeing all these jacked silverbacks and then struggle to pick up 8kg or something lol .

I'd recommend reading up quite a bit and looking at videos of the exercises so at least you have some idea of what your going to be doing and how to perform it correctly. 5x5 routines are THE best routines for a beginner , and when followed correctly your strength will rocket sky high within weeks , but if you really want to start from rock bottom there are always the resistance machines which are easy to use but I wouldn't recommend , maybe the first week or two after joining the gym ? These work out a range of muscle groups your going to want to target (chest , upper back , lower back , legs ).

Where you really want to be though , is in the free weight section . Core exercises which target multiple muscle groups are going to be the best option for you : Bench Press , Squats , Dead lifts , Overhead Press etc look them up , I know your probably going to think there's no way I can do that ... Start very very low , and slowly add weight,

Protein shakes can taste pretty decent , I currently have unflavoured though which pretty much tastes like sick but i gulp it down nonetheless.

If you have a friend whos looking to join too , it would be an excellent choice . Not only can they help you by spotting you (making sure you perform excercises ok ) ., they will motivate you to go and the journey you make together will only solidify your friendship.

Best of luck ,
(edited 9 years ago)
:dontknow:

It looked as if you were looking up to a pencil.. I really don't know lol.

I'll take that we've matured. Although I still tend to watch cartoon - Phineas and Ferb :awesome:

XD I'm just gonna smile and nod :yes:

I'll admit, not so much tv cartoons but...
uh..

Anime. But nothing sketchy.
Original post by keromedic
Stronglifts 5x5 is a popular choice for newbies. Compound lifts using an olympic bar.

Do you eat a lot of protein in food? I personally wouldn't use shakes unless I was getting my max from normal food.

I think you mean unless you wasn't
I think you mean unless you wasn't

Yea. What I meant to say was that I'd only use shakes if, after trying to add protein to each meal, the macros weren't right.

It's just I see people with crap diets buy the the stuff and it seems wasted.

I have a typical adjustable dumbbell set where I can add weights to the handle as needed.

I also use a pull-up bar.

I started with the typical compound exercises (Press-ups,pull-ups, chin-ups) etc.
And I use the dumbbells to target specific muscles and for squats.

I'm going to continue to do this until I plateau and then possibly join the gym.

I've probably started to plateau on chin-ups though, I can do 20 consecutively in proper form whereas the average is like 2.

Edit: I support the 5x5 idea.
(edited 9 years ago)
Nice.

Nothing ruins a face more than bad hair.

Oh I'm well aware of that! I try to make sure I'm styled to a point where I look in a mirror and go "I would" before leaving.

I don't have the funds for such a protein intake without shakes! Plus I'd be using vital energy to break down the meat and extract the protein that could be used for synthesis.

Natural speed vs quick gains right?

I don't have the funds for such a protein intake without shakes! Plus I'd be using vital energy to break down the meat and extract the protein that could be used for synthesis.

Natural speed vs quick gains right?

Quick google brings up this.
Quick google brings up this.

Tuna's hella expensive lately, sardines are MUCH cheaper! But good post, got it bookmarked now, thanks!

Now to get some free weights because I can't afford a gym membership :')

Now to get some free weights because I can't afford a gym membership :')

Are you sure? There are such a thing as budget gyms :h:.

But if you really can't then yea, weights will be worth it. Will you get a bar that you'll add disks too?

Latest