The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jam277
Lol at Reina doing that. Jokes how he was angling for a move to Barca, Rodgers weren't having it and bought Mignolet and they've gone for Der Stegen. Rodgers is my man though. Made Reina look like a dickhead. If he wins the league I'll spud him, he's a don and deserves it.

Shipped him off to Napoli lol. Not quite Barca... :lol:
Original post by baconbutty
what a small time mentality

Same mentality Chelsea and City employ in the transfer market, hardly small time.
what a small time mentality

Indeed. No player is bigger than the club, certainly not Cesc Fabregas.

We have enough homegrown players, we don't need to pay for overpriced British players. We should really splash out on better foreign talent as and when there is an opportunity (ala Ozil).
Original post by Pete_91
Same mentality Chelsea and City employ in the transfer market, hardly small time.

so you want to unsettle the team and disrupt the development of wilshere/ramsey/ozil to bring back a player who made a complete mockery of your club?
Original post by Pete_91

Does not make it right for a club of our class. They are crass clubs tbh. Winners recently but they are like that newly wealthy family that move onto your estate but bring the image of the whole area down with their tacky way of being (*cough* Cesc *cough*).
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Pete_91
This is pretty much my opinion on the whole saga. If he leaves Barca for England, we have to get him just to prevent anyone else having him.

He doesn't strike me as the sort of person who, if he returned to England, would go to a lesser team. It's understandable that he wanted to leave us for his boyhood club and, at the time, the best team in the world - but joining Man Utd is a step down: his rivals would be Everton, Spurs and Southampton.

ST
LW Ozil Walcott
DM Fabregas

:sexface:
Apparently Barcelona want to make a move for Ozil? They're even readying a bid of 27.4 million, typical Barca trolling.
so you want to unsettle the team and disrupt the development of wilshere/ramsey/ozil to bring back a player who made a complete mockery of your club?

Don't know how much it would unsettle the team tbh he can play in a lot of positions and we could easily play him as a false no. 9

It was less him and more Barca that made a mockery of our club, they can go **** themselves.
Original post by Stalin
He doesn't strike me as the sort of person who, if he returned to England, would go to a lesser team. It's understandable that he wanted to leave us for his boyhood club and, at the time, the best team in the world - but joining Man Utd is a step down: his rivals would be Everton, Spurs and Southampton.

ST
LW Ozil Walcott
DM Fabregas

DM Ramsey
Walcott Ozil LW
Cesc

:sogood:
Original post by Stalin

ST
LW Ozil Walcott
DM Fabregas

That line-up'd be a slap in the face to Ramsey after the season he's had
Original post by Pete_91
Don't know how much it would unsettle the team tbh he can play in a lot of positions and we could easily play him as a false no. 9

It was less him and more Barca that made a mockery of our club, they can go **** themselves.

he's terrible as a false 9 though he's bin boo'd by barca fans regularly when he plays there.

it was just as much him don't kid yourself otherwise he went on strike, ruined your clubs negotiating position constantly had his friends coming out in the media saying he told them he wants to go.

the hate van persie gets is funny fabregas was far worse than him

Xavi is quoted on Barcelona’s official website, saying “I spoke to Cesc in Ibiza and he said he was suffering because he wanted to come.”

Original post by Pete_91
DM Ramsey
Walcott Ozil LW
Cesc

:sogood:

Who needs a WC striker when we've got Giroud on the bench?

Do you know if the £25m buy-back clause in Cesc's contract is indefinite?
he's terrible as a false 9 though he's bin boo'd by barca fans regularly when he plays there.

it was just as much him don't kid yourself otherwise he went on strike, ruined your clubs negotiating position constantly had his friends coming out in the media saying he told them he wants to go.

Xavi is quoted on Barcelona’s official website, saying “I spoke to Cesc in Ibiza and he said he was suffering because he wanted to come.”

I'm not arguing that he had no part in the debacle but I blame Barca far more than him. RVP is a different situation, he openly lied to the club and he wasn't leaving for his boyhood club either.
Original post by Stalin
Who needs a WC striker when we've got Giroud on the bench?

Do you know if the £25m buy-back clause in Cesc's contract is indefinite?

Not a clue.
**** fabregas? everyone on this thread would be queuing up to suck his dick if he were to come back this summer
Original post by Pete_91
I'm not arguing that he had no part in the debacle but I blame Barca far more than him. RVP is a different situation, he openly lied to the club and he wasn't leaving for his boyhood club either.

why would you blame barca more than him? cesc could of killed it whenever he wanted but let it keep going on purposely to leave the club. RVP said he was happy to stay and fulfill his contract cesc went on strike. I don't think RVP lied to the club at all he was at the end of his career and wanted to win trophies and wasn't going to be able to do that at arsenal his family was obviously settled in england so man utd/man city were pretty much his only choices

at least he's getting what he deserves now

"Cesc is calm after being whistled by fans on Sunday" .... [md]
Cesc is not what we need, Ramsey and Ozil are our future. We need to get a striker.
Original post by little_tom
**** fabregas? everyone on this thread would be queuing up to suck his dick if he were to come back this summer

No. I would honestly rather have Nasri back than that ****.

this basically. none of the barca players were lying, he'd probably go to spain every other day to sit on puyols lap asking him to tell the mean men at arsenal to let him go, without coming out himself to say anything. lol at him getting booed though.
why would you blame barca more than him? cesc could of killed it whenever he wanted but let it keep going on purposely to leave the club. RVP said he was happy to stay and fulfill his contract cesc went on strike. I don't think RVP lied to the club at all he was at the end of his career and wanted to win trophies and wasn't going to be able to do that at arsenal his family was obviously settled in england so man utd/man city were pretty much his only choices

at least he's getting what he deserves now

"Cesc is calm after being whistled by fans on Sunday" .... [md]

I don't despise rvp either tbh, I can understand why he went. Barca openly tapped him up, everyone knew he wanted to go back home and I don't really blame him for that. If UEFA weren't so impotent and corrupt then Barca would have been done for tapping up, on a ridiculous scale.

Latest