The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Private Accommodation: Nottingham Trent 2014/15

I've recently accepted my place at NTU and went to book my accommodation to soon realise Byron/Gill Street South have been booked up..

I was just wondering if anyone has decided to go for private accommodation Sept 2014 and if so, where? I really like the look of Mansion Square but I wouldn't want to choose there and end up being the only fresher!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I also wanted to stay at Byron/Gill Street South but obviously that will no longer happen!
For Private halls I've looked at Victoria Halls, Goldsmith Court, Russell View and Mansion Square.

So far from what I've read up on it seems like Victoria Halls & Goldsmith Court are the most lively private halls for freshers and they also have Freshers Reps as well:smile: . I really like the look of Russell View and Mansion Square though, but I don't want to book either one of them knowing there won't be many freshers and it won't have the same feel/astmosphere as the other uni and private halls:/

It's so hard to choose!
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Roxnation
I also wanted to stay at Byron/Gill Street South but obviously that will no longer happen!
For Private halls I've looked at Victoria Halls, Goldsmith Court, Russell View and Mansion Square.

So far from what I've read up on it seems like Victoria Halls & Goldsmith Court are the most lively private halls for freshers and they also have Freshers Reps as well:smile: . I really like the look of Russell View and Mansion Square though, but I don't want to book either one of them knowing there won't be many freshers and it won't have the same feel/astmosphere as the other uni and private halls:/

It's so hard to choose!

Looks like we're both in the same situation then! Yeah I don't know what it is about Mansion Square/Russell View but I can see myself living there the most. I was thinking of ringing up a few of the accommodations and hopefully having a look round them all in the next few weeks, it would be nice to see them in person before I decide on anything..
Reply 3
Original post by DemiGL
Looks like we're both in the same situation then! Yeah I don't know what it is about Mansion Square/Russell View but I can see myself living there the most. I was thinking of ringing up a few of the accommodations and hopefully having a look round them all in the next few weeks, it would be nice to see them in person before I decide on anything..

Most definitely! I just want to choose a place to live and get it over and done with but it's so hard :frown:
They seem a lot more modern compared to other accomodation. That sounds like a great idea, especially visiting them because I guess that would give you a clearer view on which one you'd prefer. I wish I had time to visit them in person
Reply 4
Original post by Roxnation
Most definitely! I just want to choose a place to live and get it over and done with but it's so hard :frown:
They seem a lot more modern compared to other accomodation. That sounds like a great idea, especially visiting them because I guess that would give you a clearer view on which one you'd prefer. I wish I had time to visit them in person

Me too, I won't relax until I've done so! What type of room are you wanting? I don't want a studio room, I'd like a flat with at least 4 other people!
Reply 5
Original post by DemiGL
Me too, I won't relax until I've done so! What type of room are you wanting? I don't want a studio room, I'd like a flat with at least 4 other people!

Lets hope we find somewhere soon before everywhere decent gets filled up! I've been looking at en-suite single rooms but at Victoria Halls they have double bed rooms as well so I've been looking at that. What about yourself? Same here for me, definitely 4 or more!
Reply 6
Ive had the same problem! wanting Byron/gill street.
I have been looking at Victoria halls and trinity square, I've heard you get fresher reps in them and only seen one bad review on Victoria halls. I want a single ensuite room sharing in a 4 or more flat. Have any of you booked anything yet? Im worried incase they fill up
Reply 7
Original post by dani_96
Ive had the same problem! wanting Byron/gill street.
I have been looking at Victoria halls and trinity square, I've heard you get fresher reps in them and only seen one bad review on Victoria halls. I want a single ensuite room sharing in a 4 or more flat. Have any of you booked anything yet? Im worried incase they fill up

I've put a deposit down on Glasshouse, I'm going to look round a few in a couple of weeks, if I change my mind about Glasshouse I can get my deposit back though!
Reply 8
glasshouse is really nice but abit dear, Victoria halls are ok but just rang up and found that if you don't get your results they don't refund the £200 rent you pay upfront which is a put of. Ive also had a glance at Russell view. Are you going to be a fresher for Nottingham trent? what are you studying? :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by dani_96
glasshouse is really nice but abit dear, Victoria halls are ok but just rang up and found that if you don't get your results they don't refund the £200 rent you pay upfront which is a put of. Ive also had a glance at Russell view. Are you going to be a fresher for Nottingham trent? what are you studying? :smile:

I'm going to look at Russell View when I go visit Glasshouse! I also like the look of there too so that could be another option. Yes I am, I'm studying Fine Art! What about you?
Reply 10
Ok Im thinking of trinity square as that's my favourite so far. I will be a fresher and studying fashion management! :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by dani_96
Ok Im thinking of trinity square as that's my favourite so far. I will be a fresher and studying fashion management! :smile:

Yeah Trinity Square looks nice too. They're all pretty decent whatever happens though. Oh sweet :smile:
Reply 12
yea suppose I better book one soon, going to be on the basis of images though. :smile:
Hey guys just wanted to know who is staying at Byron? I am a second year student so I would suggest victoria halls or glasshouse or even goldsmith take a look at them. I have booked a place at Byron quite nervous, I haven't stayed at uni halls been living at private halls so I just hope I have nice flatmates! x
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 14
I gave them a call and the only places that they had left were in private halls called 'The Glasshouse'.
She said that I won't be the only fresher which is good so I can not wait to move in now!!!
Reply 15
Original post by waddy34
I gave them a call and the only places that they had left were in private halls called 'The Glasshouse'.
She said that I won't be the only fresher which is good so I can not wait to move in now!!!

I just had a talk with them as well but I was recommended Nottingham 1 along with Glasshouse. Will probably go with Nottingham 1 because I think its slightly cheaper. Kind of gutted that the halls of residence are all full, I hope I can still make friends hahaha
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by StotheR
I just had a talk with them as well but I was recommended Nottingham 1 along with Glasshouse. Will probably go with Nottingham 1 because I think its slightly cheaper. Kind of gutted that the halls of residence are all full, I hope I can still make friends hahaha

Come glasshouse!! then at least there is a definite 2 freshers there!

Might have a look at the other one now though, see what it's like
Reply 17
Original post by waddy34
Come glasshouse!! then at least there is a definite 2 freshers there!

Might have a look at the other one now though, see what it's like

Just looked at the other one. It's more expensive that Glasshouse. Glasshouse is 94 p/w
Reply 18
Original post by waddy34
Just looked at the other one. It's more expensive that Glasshouse. Glasshouse is 94 p/w

Yeah, you're absolutely right. Just checked the glasshouse and the mansion and both are cheaper. The mansion looks slightly more appealing to me than the glasshouse atm..
Do you know if these private accomms are for 2nd/3rd years as well?
Reply 19
Just checked with them and they have nothing but they guaranteed that all NTU 1st years will be with other NTU first years so I'm booking it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending