The Student Room Group

Fee Status For Getting Into Oxford???

I lived in england for 4 years before moving to new zealand for the rest of my life. i plan on travelling europe in the gap between nz schools finishing and UK unis starting. Would i be a international student or home/eu
Reply 1
Original post by dooglebirden
I lived in england for 4 years before moving to new zealand for the rest of my life. i plan on travelling europe in the gap between nz schools finishing and UK unis starting. Would i be a international student or home/eu

Each University makes their own evaluation and you can't get definitive advice here but the general requirement for UK fees status is that an applicant must have settled status (i.e. permanent right of abode in the UK, e.g. through EU citizenship) and they must have been ordinarily resident in the UK, not solely for the purpose of education, for three years prior to a key date just before they start the course. 'ordinarily resident' is a complex concept and can be quite debatable - temporary residence abroad needn't affect where someone is 'ordinarily resident' even if the temporary period is quite long - diplomats stationed abroad are still ordinarily resident in their home country, for instance. A period backpacking in Europe won't change you being ordinarily resident in NZ, for instance. We don't have much to work with here but it sounds like you don't satisfy the residence criterion, whatever your citizenship.
I'm a UK citizien and a permanant resident of NZ
You will be international unless you move to the EU for 3 years first, I'm pretty sure. It is worth sending off a quick e-mail to someone at the university though.
Reply 4
I'm in a fairly similar situation to you (born in England, moved to the States when I was almost 4, lived overseas ever since). The sole difference is that I'm on a visa in the US, and not a permanent resident. About 3 months after I received my offer, I got an email from my college asking me to fill out a fee status form. I did so, and after providing some information upon request, I was granted home fees status. The most important factors (according to the fee status office) were a) UK citizenship and b) maintaining close ties to the UK through regular visits. I visit the UK at least once a year, and after providing proof of that fact, they granted me home status.

I'm not sure how close my situation is to yours, but it is possible to get home status.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending