The Student Room Group
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London

Is Middlesex/Greenwich/Westminster university that bad?

I'm planning to study International Relations there and chose those universities however judging from reviews online, I slightly regret it as they don't seem to be good universities… HELP!
The reject on student room will tell you it's bad. If it were really that bad, no-one would go.
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London
Reply 2
Original post by enzobenzo
I'm planning to study International Relations there and chose those universities however judging from reviews online, I slightly regret it as they don't seem to be good universities… HELP!

From personal experience I know that middlesex is a terrible university.
Reply 3
Original post by selena85
From personal experience I know that middlesex is a terrible university.

From personal experience I think the opposite lol.
Reply 4
Original post by daindian
We can battle to the death and whoever wins is right, how about that? lol On a serious note there are many people who think it is a bad university. Anyone who has had a good experience, I am happy for them because there is nothing worse than feeling frustrated at university. I did go a while back in about 2004-2005. When did you go and what did you study? The spanish and latin american studies department was great and I loved the teachers, but the lack of organisation at the university is why I am saying it is not a very good university.
Reply 5
We can battle to the death and whoever wins is right, how about that? lol On a serious note there are many people who think it is a bad university. Anyone who has had a good experience, I am happy for them because there is nothing worse than feeling frustrated at university. I did go a while back in about 2004-2005. When did you go and what did you study? The spanish and latin american studies department was great and I loved the teachers, but the lack of organisation at the university is why I am saying it is not a very good university.

Yeh you went years ago. I graduated in 2012. Things have changed a lot. Trent Park, cat Hill etc have closed down. There is only one campus now at hendon. The buildings have been upgraded., everything has been integrated into Hendon. I don't think your course exists anymore. I studied accounting
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Yeh you went years ago. I graduated in 2012. Things have changed a lot. Trent Park, cat Hill etc have closed down. There is only one campus now at hendon. The buildings have been upgraded., everything has been integrated into Hendon. I don't think your course exists anymore. I studied accounting
Trent park was the nicest campus in my opinion, I cannot believe it closed down. It seems there have been improvements then :smile:
Reply 7
Trent park was the nicest campus in my opinion, I cannot believe it closed down. It seems there have been improvements then :smile:

I am a holder of Middlesex offer for the psychology course 2014/2015. You sad that Middlesex is not so good university. Why would you say that? Thank you in advance .

hey what do you think about the business school? i have an offer for business management and i am not sure of it after having seen so many negative reviews... HELP ME! :frown:
All unis have people who dislike them and give negative reviews, the best thing to do would be to go to an open day and see whether u like the uni and if is for u personally
Reply 10
Original post by wanna_get_A*
hey what do you think about the business school? i have an offer for business management and i am not sure of it after having seen so many negative reviews... HELP ME! :frown:

Are you talking about the business school at Middlesex? If so then here's my take about Middlesex, and please bare in mind that my course is not a business course so therefore the business school might be different:

I applied for a masters at Middlesex recently. I got a email from them earlier this week telling me "congratulations for receiving an offer to study with us". At first I thought at another offer to study a masters (I had applied to 5 different universities - got in 4 of the unis but still waiting on the 5th!). Anyways, the email then went on to say "A few days ago, you received the official offer email from us" - NO I DIDN'T!!! :lol:

I then got a email, relating to a personal matter, asking me to suggest a day and time I would be able to come and see the university staff before the academic year starts in September. I don't live in London, I live over 300 miles away and the university should know this from my application as I put my permanent address down when applying, so why on earth are they asking me to come and see them before September?

From the above I can see that they're not very well run so I personally won't be studying with them. I would strongly suggest that you go to another university if you can. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by blue diamond
All unis have people who dislike them and give negative reviews, the best thing to do would be to go to an open day and see whether u like the uni and if is for u personally

umm i cant do that.. i live 1000s of miles apart! i have a firm choice and mdx & westminster are on insurance lists.. so i have no idea where to go after having searched through many threads!! wat do u think about westminster for business management course?
Original post by jay2013
Are you talking about the business school at Middlesex? If so then here's my take about Middlesex, and please bare in mind that my course is not a business course so therefore the business school might be different:

I applied for a masters at Middlesex recently. I got a email from them earlier this week telling me "congratulations for receiving an offer to study with us". At first I thought at another offer to study a masters (I had applied to 5 different universities - got in 4 of the unis but still waiting on the 5th!). Anyways, the email then went on to say "A few days ago, you received the official offer email from us" - NO I DIDN'T!!! :lol:

I then got a email, relating to a personal matter, asking me to suggest a day and time I would be able to come and see the university staff before the academic year starts in September. I don't live in London, I live over 300 miles away and the university should know this from my application as I put my permanent address down when applying, so why on earth are they asking me to come and see them before September?

From the above I can see that they're not very well run so I personally won't be studying with them. I would strongly suggest that you go to another university if you can. :smile:

well tbh the same happened with me.. :biggrin: i was not sent no offer letter :biggrin:

what do you say about westminster?

p.s both these are on insurance choice lists..i have a firm choice my 1st choice.. so m confused... :/
Reply 13
Original post by jay2013

Would be an admin error all unis have those. My mate studying medicine at King's got emailed someone else's results...
Original post by wanna_get_A*
well tbh the same happened with me.. :biggrin: i was not sent no offer letter :biggrin:

what do you say about westminster?

p.s both these are on insurance choice lists..i have a firm choice my 1st choice.. so m confused... :/

Don't know anything about Westminster so I'm afraid I can't help you there! But as long as you can get into your 1st choice then that's all that matters.
Would be an admin error all unis have those. My mate studying medicine at King's got emailed someone else's results...

lol :P
Original post by jay2013
Don't know anything about Westminster so I'm afraid I can't help you there! But as long as you can get into your 1st choice then that's all that matters.

well i made my replies.. in the end i didn choose an insurance :P best way out :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending