The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Wenger is being stubborn tbh, he's built a foundation that is perfect for someone younger to take over with fresh new ideas.

I know you're worried that you might do a United if Wenger goes, but that time will come inevitably so no idea why you'd prolong it :dontknow:

I know replacements are an issue, but what is the likelihood of getting Antonio Conte from Juve?
Wenger s staying, now lets get Reus and Balotelli from that puma deal...
Reply 1042
Original post by DurhamXI
Sagna can get the **** out. We stuck by him when he was playing badly for long periods of time and now he is just being a greedy piece of ****.

We did? As far as my recollection of Sagna goes, he's been Mr Reliable for donkey's years - just reliable, defensively solid and nothing special offensively with an amazing ability to always hit the first man with his crosses. He had a small dip the last season after returning from a long injury spell, but on the whole, I'd say Sagna's performances for us have been great. We've hardly 'stuck by him' - more like we've relied on him given if it wasn't him, it was Jenks or Eboue. Disappointing if he's rejected a contract we supposedly don't give players of his age, but I wouldn't go so far as to say he can do one.
At Arsenal he works with his hands tied behind his back. Put him in at Utd or Barca where he only deals with football and developing players, he would win everything. Especially with the lack of **** arse people around him ****ing around with transfers.

I don't buy that he is terrible tactically, it is more to do with the fact that many members of our team just suck and are not good enough to wear the badge.

you've been on the receiving end of some absolute hammerings this season but don't think it's down to his tactics? it's either his tactics or him just telling the players to go and do what they want
Reply 1044
Original post by little_tom
Meh, I already said numerous times I wouldn't mind if he stays or leaves, I think he's lackluster going forward and he's not getting any younger.

If he wants to move on fair enough, he isn't worth ~£100,000 a week anyway, and I doubt many clubs would get value for money offering him a 3 year contract with those wages. He is replaceable.

The problem is he is getting caught out of position too much because he is far too forward in attack and not quick enough to track back. It's all this high line bull**** yes, but the player has to accept responsibility too because he is the guy on the pitch. He is easily replaceable.
Original post by Apocrypha

Reus Ozil Walcott
Super Mario

Yh that **** cray.
Reply 1046
Original post by baconbutty
you've been on the receiving end of some absolute hammerings this season but don't think it's down to his tactics? it's either his tactics or him just telling the players to go and do what they want

I think it is the fault of the players for not defending properly yes. It is individual mistakes that cost us.
If wenger leaves, i want Rudi Garcia.
I will assume that I've been missed :h:
I think it is the fault of the players for not defending properly yes. It is individual mistakes that cost us.

every goal conceded is individual errors. You play a ridiculously high line and commit way too many men forward that lies with the manager
Reply 1050
every goal conceded is individual errors. You play a ridiculously high line and commit way too many men forward that lies with the manager

Bould handles defensive coaching.
Bould handles defensive coaching.

you've been a joke tactically long before he came in
Reply 1052
you've been a joke tactically long before he came in

I think you will find that we have been consistent. We have hit our target of C.L. every season with a virtually non-existent budget whilst our rivals spent like money grows on trees.
I think you will find that we have been consistent. We have hit our target of C.L. every season with a virtually non-existent budget whilst our rivals spent like money grows on trees.

and wengers still underachieved with the players he's had at his disposal which is why your original point about him winning with them other teams doesn't make sense
Reply 1054
and wengers still underachieved with the players he's had at his disposal which is why your original point about him winning with them other teams doesn't make sense

What? We could not exactly buy players to address weaknesses like other teams did. It is not like we could splash 100m to address depth issues like everyone else could. The players were not good enough, it is not Wenger.
What? We could not exactly buy players to address weaknesses like other teams did. It is not like we could splash 100m to address depth issues like everyone else could. The players were not good enough, it is not Wenger.

you didn't need to splash 100m and you could of splashed the money easily you've had an accumulating bank balance for a long time swissramble blog goes in to this in a lot of detail

Well those are very new tactics, one can only assume that Arsene was trying something out which turned out to be a disaster, it happens. Off the top of my head, since we were missing out key pacey players and had a huge number of possession players, perhaps Arsene was trying to push the opposition back and play in their half as much as possible knowing we couldnt break?

At other times this season we've got the tactics spot on, I thought the way we were set up vs Napoli at home was near perfect, BVB away was great and before the sending off we were all over Bayern in a way Ive never seen anyone manage.

We're clearly a few players short of the finished article, but you can see the backbone of a very promising side in place really. But of strength in the middle and a bit of pace/power up front and we're in business imo.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1057
you didn't need to splash 100m and you could of splashed the money easily you've had an accumulating bank balance for a long time swissramble blog goes in to this in a lot of detail

We needed to pay our debts you loon. Not everyone has the Qatari Royal Family bunging them millions a time as and when they feel like it.
Original post by Apocrypha

I don't get this. Can you tell me one time that the kit-maker of a team/player sponsorship deals has had anything to do with a transfer?
Original post by Zürich
Well those are very new tactics, one can only assume that Arsene was trying something out which turned out to be a disaster, it happens. At other times this season we've got the tactics spot on, I thought the way we were set up vs Napoli at home was near perfect, BVB away was great and before the sending off we were all over Bayern in a way Ive never seen anyone manage.

We're clearly a few players short of the finished article, but you can see the backbone of a very promising side in place really. But of strength in the middle and a bit of pace/power up front and we're in business imo.

bvb was a smash and grab and you were lucky they missed so many sitters.

did arsene keep trying the same thing out vs city, chelsea, liverpool and everton?

also real managed it the other day carving bayern open quite a few times and i've seen dortmund smash them twice this season as well
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest