The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DurhamXI
We needed to pay our debts you loon. Not everyone has the Qatari Royal Family bunging them millions a time as and when they feel like it.

you've got 150mil in the bank because you needed to pay your debts?
Original post by baconbutty
you've got 150mil in the bank because you needed to pay your debts?

We had 150m in the bank before our best players were leaving us? You are full of **** you **** piece of ****.
bvb was a smash and grab and you were lucky they missed so many sitters.

did arsene keep trying the same thing out vs city, chelsea, liverpool and everton?

If Mourinho managed it he would be a 'genius' wouldnt he? :rolleyes:

As I say, in those games we were playing with no real pace whatsoever due to injuries and personnel. We had no hope of breaking so perhaps Arsene decided to push up the field and try to just dominate possession instead? It worked a treat vs Liverpool at the Emirates after all and is not so ridiculous in theory as it turned out in practise. Against Bayern in the CL we pushed very far up and it knocked them for 6 as well until the sending off.

These things happen sometimes, I remember Arsene taking batterings off Utd a few times around 2001 as well and it didnt turn out to be a long term issue...
(edited 9 years ago)
We had 150m in the bank before our best players were leaving us? You are full of **** you **** piece of ****.

yea you did. Did you think it appeared over 2 years or something? grossly misinformed
Original post by Zürich
If Mourinho managed it he would be a 'genius' wouldnt he? :rolleyes:

As I say, in those games we were playing with no real pace whatsoever due to injuries and personnel. We had no hope of breaking so perhaps Arsene decided to push up the field and try to just dominate possession instead? It worked a treat vs Liverpool at the Emirates after all and is not so ridiculous in theory as it turned out in practise. Against Bayern in the CL we pushed very far up and it knocked them for 6 as well until the sending off.

you play with these same tactics pretty much every game except vs teams who are better than you at it
yea you did. Did you think it appeared over 2 years or something? grossly misinformed

No, we did not. Just **** off you Arsenal hating ****. ****kkkkkkk
No, we did not. Just **** off you Arsenal hating ****. ****kkkkkkk

strange boy
you play with these same tactics pretty much every game except vs teams who are better than you at it

Wenger basically played the same tactics every game over the 49 unbeaten spell and on route to the 2006 CL final when we didnt concede a single goal for 1000 minutes as well? That's how he does it.

Injuries cost us this year too of course, dont tell me Liverpool/Chelsea would have done what they did with Theo Walcott in our side? It would have turned into a 4-4 by half time.
Original post by Zürich
Wenger basically played the same tactics every game over the 49 unbeaten spell and on route to the 2006 CL final when we didnt concede a single goal for 1000 minutes as well? That's how he does it.

Injuries cost us this year too of course, dont tell me Liverpool/Chelsea would have done what they did with Theo Walcott in our side? It would have turned into a 4-4 by half time.

why would walcott make a difference in them games your midfield couldn't even get hold of the ball
victim mentality typical of a small club. Everything i've said is right.

No, just look at the press, look at how people bum every single other team and it is Arsenal taking the flack every bloody time.
No, just look at the press, look at how people bum every single other team and it is Arsenal taking the flack every bloody time.

i've never seen that at all. every fan says the same thing about their club
i've never seen that at all. every fan says the same thing about their club

You.talk.a.lot.of.bull****

Just stfu piss lips.
why would walcott make a difference in them games your midfield couldn't even get hold of the ball

It became a vicious cycle whereby the players had no outlet and no space and were just offloading it to the nearest slow no.10. With Walcott on the pitch 2 things may have happened 1)LFC/CFC would not have dared push up like they did knowing how much space was behind and 2)Our midfield would have the space to gain some control. We eventually got done 6-3 by City, but that might be an interesting example of how we would have pushed back.

As I say, obviously it was a disaster but when you're playing with a complete lack of pace like we were, maybe pushing up the pitch did not as stupid as it turned out to be.
(edited 9 years ago)
Just put him on ignore ffs.
Original post by Zürich
It became a vicious cycle whereby the players had no outlet and no space and were just offloading it to the nearest slow no.10. With Walcott on the pitch 2 things may have happened 1)LFC/CFC would not have dared push up like they did knowing how much space was behind and 2)Our midfield would have the space to gain some control.

As I say, obviously it was a disaster but when you're playing with a complete lack of pace like we were, maybe pushing up the pitch did not as stupid as it turned out to be. We were playing to win after all.

doesn't that show how bad arsene wenger is tactically again then if he is still playing a system that is so heavily reliant on walcott when he isn't in the team
Sick of you Arsenal haters who criticise us way more than everyone else, **** Spurs we're seriously like the Jews of football in this country.

Looks like he managed to crack you. He got what he wanted.
Original post by Pete_91
Just put him on ignore ffs.

if you want to know why theres no arsenal discussion in the arsenal topic look no further than durham and this guy here.
Original post by Isometrix
Looks like he managed to crack you. He got what he wanted.

Tbf i am depressed as **** anyway. Don't give a damn about some internet forum chit chat.
Baconbutty is just some **** WUM why are you letting him get at you lot or even respond to him

Man even MatchDayG has some class to him :rolleyes:
(edited 9 years ago)
if you want to know why theres no arsenal discussion in the arsenal topic look no further than durham and this guy here.

Give it a rest, I'm as critical as anyone of Arsene's tactical ability, but you constantly go on and on criticising him, you have nothing good to say about anything to do with arsenal. Are you even an arsenal fan?

Latest