The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by little_tom
Luke McKeown, you come across as deceptively charming- you are the forum's "nice guy" - telling Arsenal fans how great Wenger is, telling Chelsea fans how great Mourinho is, but then... behind our backs, one user on here is probably getting his misses' boned by you. Personally I don't buy into it.

Haha, he's just waiting until Liverpool win the league, then he'll wum us to high heaven i bet.
Reply 1101
Original post by nosaer
Wow.

Your statement isn't clear, but if you're saying no arab has ever won the BdO, Zidane? North African, but still considered ethnically Arab I would have thought.

It was to point out the stupidity of the point he was trying to make. He doesn't count Henry as black so safe to say that in his eye, Zidane is definitely not Arab.
Original post by baconbutty
apparently making valid points makes you a WUM now. The maturity levels some of you display are hilarious.

Valid points? Convince your self as much as you want. 99% of your posts are Anti-Arsenal

Same guy who tried to say the only reason Ozil left was for money
Same guy who then went on to contradict him self and say RM were just desperate
Same guy who ends up contributing to some of the racist BS on the last few pages today yet the mods have taken none of it down since the Arsenal thread is the WUM home

BS to post count ratio very high
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
:console:

Thanks Prod :yy:
(edited 9 years ago)
Pulis does a far better job than arsene with the constraints he's under he's been a miracle worker at palace and once upon a time arsene wenger was managing a nobody club i'll have you know pulis has shown his true colours this season and the palace fans who were at first apprehensive about him and his football now love him i think he could take arsenal back to the top if given the opportunity but because his names tony he wont get than opportunity

Did you know he spent more on transfers at Stoke than Arsene did at Arsenal in the same period? What's going on there I wonder? Pulis is a great motivator and a great organiser. People somehow mistake this for being a great 'tactician' for reasons unknown. He is basically Mourinho is anyone.

Wenger is a much more subtle operator than both who adds enormous value to players on the training pitch.
Original post by Zürich
Did you know he spent more on transfers at Stoke than Arsene did at Arsenal in the same period? What's going on there I wonder? Pulis is a great motivator and a great organiser. People somehow mistake this for being a great 'tactician' for reasons unknown. He is basically Mourinho is anyone.

Wenger is a much more subtle operator than both who adds enormous value to players on the training pitch.

wenger blows him out the water ten fold in the wages he can offer
Original post by AR_95
Valid points? Convince your self as much as you want. 99% of your posts are Anti-Arsenal

Same guy who tried to say the only reason Ozil left was for money
Same guy who then went on to contradict him self and say RM were just desperate
Same guy who ends up posting a good portion of some of the racist BS on the last few pages yet the mods have taken none of it down since the Arsenal thread is the WUM home

BS to post count ratio very high

You are naive if you think ozil left one of the best clubs in the world to go to arsenal for footballing reasons
go back to that point and i'm still struggling to understand how you didn't detect the sarcasm.
i've never said anything racist on these forums.
Reply 1107
What exactly has Tony Pulis achieved? Constraint? What constraint? The guy spends bucket loads.
Reply 1108

Wenger trains those players up to be able to offer them those wages though.

That there logickkkkcss

This is a very poor argument. Wages will eventually catch up to a player's performances. So if Wenger finds Fabregas for £0m then he's got a £40m player for nothing. What about his wages? He may start on a pittance but since he is actually a world class player, he'll end up on £150k wont he? How much do Messi/Xavi/Iniesta/Puyol make I wonder? An absolute fortune, Barca cant control that even though they saved perhaps £300m in equivalent fees for them!

That's the way it works. You just can't control the wage bill long term like you can control transfer fees and Wenger has saved AFC a real fortune in fees with his eye for a talent.

And what about wages anyway? Isn't Wenger implicitly funding his wage bill with player sales. £24m for RVP will pay Cazorla's wages for 5 years mate!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by 419
Wenger trains those players up to be able to offer them those wages though.

That there logickkkkcss

yea he gets them players by being able to offer them far higher wages than the tony pulises of this world
Pulis does a far better job than arsene with the constraints he's under he's been a miracle worker at palace and once upon a time arsene wenger was managing a nobody club i'll have you know pulis has shown his true colours this season and the palace fans who were at first apprehensive about him and his football now love him i think he could take arsenal back to the top if given the opportunity but because his names tony he wont get than opportunity

wenger cant go to barca to win trophies, but pulis can come to arsenal to win trophies. logic is strong.
There's no such thing as sarcasm on the Internet, every post on forums is (or should be) taken seriously. If sarcasm is your excuse for winding people up then you really have stooped this low...
Reply 1113
Lol

Tony pulis. The guy that relied on the sunday league tactics of line out :lmao: Even women football do it better.

Original post by Zürich
This is a very poor argument. Wages will eventually catch up to a player's performances. So if Wenger finds Fabregas for £0m then he's got a £40m player for nothing. What about his wages? He may start on a pittance but since he is actually a world class player, he'll end up on £150k wont he? How much do Messi/Xavi/Iniesta/Puyol make I wonder? An absolute fortune, Barca cant control that even though they saved perhaps £300m in equivalent fees for them!

That's the way it works. You just can't control the wage bill long term like you can control transfer fees and Wenger has saved AFC a real fortune in fees with his eye for a talent.

how many fabregases have you got in your team that wenger has trained up? tony pulis can't pay 10mil for a podolski and put him on 100k a week as a squad player
Original post by 419
Lol

Tony pulis. The guy that relied on the sunday league tactics of line out :lmao: Even women football do it better.

p. impressive long throw

I've yet to see someone match roberto carlos though

:moon:
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
wenger cant go to barca to win trophies, but pulis can come to arsenal to win trophies. logic is strong.

yea because pulis is massively overachieving currently and wenger has stagnated massively...
Original post by little_tom
Luke McKeown, you come across as deceptively charming- you are the forum's "nice guy" - telling Arsenal fans how great Wenger is, telling Chelsea fans how great Mourinho is, but then... behind our backs, one user on here is probably getting his misses' boned by you. Personally I don't buy into it.

I tend to discount most of what you say though, young Thomas.
I of course appreciate and accept your view on me, however I don't fully understand it.

You seem intent on badmouthing me across the forum, taking any opportunity to ridicule or disagree with me.
If I offended you in any way, I am truly sorry, and even if you just don't like my guts, that's fair enough; however it would be nice if you just told me that.

There is no deception with me here - I do not aim to mislead anybody or be two faced behind their backs; I simply appreciate it when teams or managers make football a better game by doing their job excellently.

I support Liverpool, but it doesn't automatically restrict me from acknowledging the greatness of other clubs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1118
yea because pulis is massively overachieving currently and wenger has stagnated massively...

As was Hugson and Moyes..............

how many fabregases have you got in your team that wenger has trained up? tony pulis can't pay 10mil for a podolski and put him on 100k a week as a squad player

Well he could if he raised the money. You what to look at Arsenal history and see how we use to poorly pay players until recently and how they all leave because of poor wages.