The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Norwegian girls are absolutely obsessed with England you know, pulled a solid 7/10 once in Bar Soho purely by using an exaggerated London accent and throwing in unnecessary terms like 'geezer' every 5th word :moon:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
Norwegian girls are absolutely obsessed with England you know, pulled a solid 7/10 once in Bar Soho purely by using an exaggerated London accent and throwing in unnecessary terms like 'geezer' every 5th word :moon:

Have always wanted an excuse to go to Scandinavia, **** it I can always drop the essex in my hybrid essex/london accent.
Original post by Pete_91
Have always wanted an excuse to go to Scandinavia, **** it I can always drop the essex in my hybrid essex/london accent.

They genuinely think London is some kind of wonderland as far as I can tell, at least the ones who live in the countryside and grew up watching English tv. All the lads are obsessed with English footie and all the ladies are obsessed with TOWIE :cool:

Scnadinavia is pretty much the only region of Europe I havent been to but apparently it's not really worth visiting. £8 for a pint aint the one. Dont know if you know who 'Roosh V' is but some of the stuff he's blogged about Icelandic girls is absolutely hilarious. Apparently the place is borderline autistic so everyone just drinks in the clubs until about 5am and then people just pair off in some kind of meat market environment come kicking out time :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
They genuinely think London is some kind of wonderland as far as I can tell, at least the ones who live in the countryside and grew up watching English tv. All the lads are obsessed with English footie and all the ladies are obsessed with TOWIE :cool:

Maybe I should keep the essex accent then haha, it's not very TOWIE like, mind.
Original post by Pete_91
Maybe I should keep the essex accent then haha, it's not very TOWIE like, mind.

An Essex accent is just a more extreme London accent anyway imo. Slightly more sing songy probably but even to 95% of Northerners we're one and the same. Same applies to Herts etc really.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
An Essex accent is just a more extreme London accent anyway imo. Slightly more sing songy probably but even to 95% of Northerners we're one and the same. Same applies to Herefordshire etc really.

Herts doesn't have an accent...lol

Yeah tbh to a foreigner it's just a british accent anyway.
Original post by matchdayG

7 8 8 8.5 7 8.5

I have a strong preference for blondes, this post explains why.
Edit: I remember at university in Newcastle. Was talking with a mate to a pair of blonde exchange students from Norway. All going well. Suddenly, the whole of Tup Tup's queue tries to have conversations with them too, to the extent that the two girls just run the **** away basically from the hoard of thirsty Englishmen all trying to get a bite at foreign fruit. Was quite pissed off at the mass cockblock tbh.
Original post by DurhamXI
I have a strong preference for blondes, this post explains why.

Meh, never understood why blondes seem to get all the attention. Prefer brunettes myself.
Original post by Pete_91
Meh, never understood why blondes seem to get all the attention. Prefer brunettes myself.

There is no logic, just sex.
poty^
Original post by DurhamXI
There is no logic, just sex.

There's still got to be a reason for this bias?
Original post by Pete_91
There's still got to be a reason for this bias?

Supply and demand
^ He may have a point. I also have a preference for mixed race girls (biased). Dat rare candy.

Original post by manchesterunited15
Supply and demand

More blondes than any other type? Sounds probable actually.
Original post by Pete_91
More blondes than any other type? Sounds probable actually.

Not more, less. Lower supply therefore higher value.

dat A level economics
Not more, less. Lower supply therefore higher value.

dat A level economics

Nah there's definitely more blondes than any other type.
Original post by Pete_91
Nah there's definitely more blondes than any other type.

No way brunettes are easily most common
No way brunettes are easily most common

Might be because I'm in Essex but every girl is blonde/dyes their hair blonde here.
Original post by Pete_91
Might be because I'm in Essex but every girl is blonde/dyes their hair blonde here.

That's probably it tbh

Latest