The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jam277
Know the feeling with oneitis. It is a stressful condition. Personally I avoid getting too close to people for this reason as oneitis can hit hard.

Man that's why I devote life to other things, relationships can be annoying. Also theres the no contact rule man. Trust me if you're suffering from oneitis, the worst thing is to have a lot of contact with that person, it kills if you aren't with them.

It was not even a proper relationship (a fwb relationship type of arrangement where the lines are blurred), I avoid relationships for the same reasons as you have mentioned. I fear getting too close to people and then getting hurt by subsequent events. This girl got too close to me with her life situation, i got sentimental about her dad dying, her having to look out for her siblings and her Catholic convictions. I naively assumed she was different and so I became sentimental and in the end this sentiment I think pushed her away from me. Turns out that she is just as loose as any other union tart who just likes the whole hard to get bravado b.s. persona I put on. As soon as I begin behaving like a thoughtful human being and I am not stimulating as an emotional outlet anymore, I have lost my use to her.

People (not just women) are hot and cold. In a matter of days they can be absolutely sure they want to commit with you even if you are hesitant that they are going too quickly. Then they pull out the "I was confused, I did not really mean that because i was unsure about what i really wanted at this point in my life" b.s.

My uncle was always right "Try to not take women too seriously, their feelings change from hot to cold, cold to hot, like the British weather".
Reports in Holland have confirmed Van Gaal is most likely taking over, and he has £200 Million at his disposal. Wenger better spend next season is going to be so hard.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kruz
Reports in Holland have confirmed Van Gaal is most likely taking over, and he has £200 Million at his disposal. Wenger better spend next season is going to be so hard.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm in Amsterdam right now and it's all over the news, Telegraaf reporting it as 100% done and they would know...

...Van Gaal isn't all that. Firstly the guy is a complete ******* who tends to fall out with pretty much everyone and pick fights for no apparent reason. Cruijff once threatened to drown him in the Amstel 'like a kitten' if he didn't leave Ajax :K: Ferguson will despise him no doubt.

He's a big favourite of the old Dutch habit of dividing dressing rooms and trying to alienate people he doesn't like. Robin will be teachers pet, can see Rooney being treated like ****. Denis Bergkamp actually despises him more than anyone, he accuses him of trying to ruin his career back in the 1990s...

He gets his teams playing nice technical football naturally but he's not the best organiser in the world, and you can definitely get at his teams when you get them on the back foot. Arsenal - Utd games next season will be absolute free for alls of cavalier attacking.

I wouldnt be too worried about Utd since their problems are much deeper than just a manager. They can spend £150m but some will inevitably flop and they're clearly missing a spine which is very hard to install in a single window at any price. Hope they get a Europa League place anyway :tongue:

If Utd were smart they'd have got De Boer in, he's basically Van Gaal 2.0 but actually a pretty chilled out guy as well.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by DurhamXI
It was not even a proper relationship (a fwb relationship type of arrangement where the lines are blurred), I avoid relationships for the same reasons as you have mentioned. I fear getting too close to people and then getting hurt by subsequent events. This girl got too close to me with her life situation, i got sentimental about her dad dying, her having to look out for her siblings and her Catholic convictions. I naively assumed she was different and so I became sentimental and in the end this sentiment I think pushed her away from me. Turns out that she is just as loose as any other union tart who just likes the whole hard to get bravado b.s. persona I put on. As soon as I begin behaving like a thoughtful human being and I am not stimulating as an emotional outlet anymore, I have lost my use to her.

People (not just women) are hot and cold. In a matter of days they can be absolutely sure they want to commit with you even if you are hesitant that they are going too quickly. Then they pull out the "I was confused, I did not really mean that because i was unsure about what i really wanted at this point in my life" b.s.

My uncle was always right "Try to not take women too seriously, their feelings change from hot to cold, cold to hot, like the British weather".

Yeah unfortunately you get it a lot in relationships. Wouldn't say it's just women, i unfortunately act hot and cold like you were talking. There's nothing I can do about it, it's just how i feel. It's an annoying way to think, which i think occurs often in relationships (from what i have seen) where one partner exercises more control over the relationship than the other. hardest thing is to move on for that other person, and it kills me inside to hurt them like i can but if you can't give them that honesty inside what can you do? i'm sure you'll see the girl you have oneitis with acting normal but she will be upset in her own time. you can't have a heart if breaking someone's heart doesn't make you upset!
Reply 1164
Van Gaal is a nutcase, but as a short-term manager he's exactly what they need atm. Even his weird, narcisstic, dictator-like self-image and ideas of authority aren't too bad for the short term; there certainly won't be a lack of respect or discipline in the dressing room. It is only after one or two seasons that things start to go sour, but he'll set them up for success quickly and build a solid foundation for whatever long-term manager they will get after him to build on. It's a good move.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by qua
Van Gaal is a nutcase, but as a short-term manager he's exactly what they need atm. Even his weird, narcisstic, dictator-like self-image and ideas of authority aren't too bad for the short term; there certainly won't be a lack of respect or discipline in the dressing room. It is only after one or two seasons that things start to go sour, but he'll set them up for success quickly and build a solid foundation for whatever long-term manager they will get after him to build on. It's a good move (that's why I hope it won't happen.)

What about when he publicly says something ludicrous to wind up Ferguson?
All hell will break lose :biggrin:

Reminds me of some of my favourite 'Cruijff-isms on Van Gaal...

Q:Is Van Gaal a good manager?
A: He's not a terrible manager...

Q: why do you say that?
A: Have you seen this guy's work at AZ Alkmaar? I was truly impressed! (said in most unbelievably patronising tone you've ever heard)

Q:But he's playing some good stuff at Bayern eh?
A: I wouldnt say I've seen anything special...

Q: Could you guys 'walk through the door' and together help coach Holland?
A: Well, I think he must lose some weight first [to fit]

:tongue:

He's not that great of a coach in any case. His teams normally havent got a clue defensively and his attacking ideas aren't exactly cutting edge either. Still playing the same stuff he did at Ajax a long time ago...

Still, he'll get Utd playing attacking football and will keep it together in the short run as you say. At least until RVP starts 'suggesting' that certain players are dropped etc:rolleyes:
(edited 9 years ago)
L'Equipe apparently reporting that Sagna is on the verge of agreeing terms with Fernabache to double his salary...
Reply 1167
Where are you people getting all these stories from? Twitter?
Reply 1168
Original post by Zürich
What about when he publicly says something ludicrous to wind up Ferguson?
All hell will break lose :biggrin:

Reminds me of some of my favourite 'Cruijff-isms on Van Gaal...

:tongue:

He's not that great of a coach in any case. His teams normally havent got a clue defensively and his attacking ideas aren't exactly cutting edge either. Still playing the same stuff he did at Ajax a long time ago...

Still, he'll get Utd playing attacking football and will keep it together in the short run as you say. At least until RVP starts 'suggesting' that certain players are dropped etc:rolleyes:

Yes, the dressing room drama will be historic...

This is from an interview he gave while at Bayern:

LVG: I demand of my daughters to say "u" and not "jij" to me.
Q: Your daughters say "u" to you?
LVG: Yes, I like it if there are limits. But I am a friend of my children and they adore me. [...] Of course my players say "u"/"Sie" too.

I get you're used to talking to your parents like that if you grew up in the 50s, but to make his children say that... he isn't even that old. :lol: And that's just over the top. Sums him up for me.

He has his weaknesses as a coach and definitely won't make them win the treble or last longer than ~2 seasons, but he's able to set a foundation and get the team moving into the right direction. At Bayern he made the first steps in the development that led to the treble.
Original post by Zürich
L'Equipe apparently reporting that Sagna is on the verge of agreeing terms with Fernabache to double his salary...

Meh he can go not really fussed. He can be easily replaced.
Original post by Kruz

We won't spend anything close to £200m. It'll be a LB, a CM or two and possibly a CB/winger coming in. The reports that we need 7-8 big signings are grossly over exaggerated. Whatever these players demand in wages will be more than covered by getting high earners like Vidic, Anderson, Fellaini and Young off the books.

Original post by Zürich
I'm in Amsterdam right now and it's all over the news, Telegraaf reporting it as 100% done and they would know...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01y0wtp

Spurs have definitely lost out in all of this. A few weeks ago LVG was a done deal, god knows who they'll appoint now. They're looking rather stupid for coming out and saying that they're sacking Sherwood.
How many 12:45 away kick-offs did Everton have this season? And how many did they win I wonder?
Reply 1172
Original post by sr90

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01y0wtp

Spurs have definitely lost out in all of this. A few weeks ago LVG was a done deal, god knows who they'll appoint now. They're looking rather stupid for coming out and saying that they're sacking Sherwood.

The guy's giving off a strong Ballague vibe.

I hope Sherwood stays. Best Tottenham manager in PL era as well. So, he certainly deserves to stay.
Original post by Zürich

...Van Gaal isn't all that. Firstly the guy is a complete ******* who tends to fall out with pretty much everyone and pick fights for no apparent reason. Cruijff once threatened to drown him in the Amstel 'like a kitten' if he didn't leave Ajax :K: Ferguson will despise him no doubt.

He's a big favourite of the old Dutch habit of dividing dressing rooms and trying to alienate people he doesn't like. Robin will be teachers pet, can see Rooney being treated like ****. Denis Bergkamp actually despises him more than anyone, he accuses him of trying to ruin his career back in the 1990s...

He gets his teams playing nice technical football naturally but he's not the best organiser in the world, and you can definitely get at his teams when you get them on the back foot. Arsenal - Utd games next season will be absolute free for alls of cavalier attacking.

I wouldnt be too worried about Utd since their problems are much deeper than just a manager. They can spend £150m but some will inevitably flop and they're clearly missing a spine which is very hard to install in a single window at any price. Hope they get a Europa League place anyway :tongue:

If Utd were smart they'd have got De Boer in, he's basically Van Gaal 2.0 but actually a pretty chilled out guy as well.

Can't wait to see this.
good start in the everton match..

Drop points here, even with a draw, and everything is looking even more peachy :smile:
Wow. The man that shocked Italy in the last World Cup just scored a comedy OG :biggrin:
Reply 1176
All city need to draw is drop points against Everton and just draw against one other team.. Then if we win our last three, we'll finish 3rd. Booyyaaa
Original post by SHOO
All city need to draw is drop points against Everton and just draw against one other team.. Then if we win our last three, we'll finish 3rd. Booyyaaa

if they draw 2 games, and win the other 2

Then they end on 82pts?

Higher then the 79 max, that arsenal can have?

--

No real chance of coming 3rd, but only slight glimpse is that chelsea loose to liverpool.. a

Then arsenal are only 2pts behind them, with 2 games to go..

their last 2 games are against cardif and norwich.. both of which should be easy wins, but then again chelsea have struggled against weaker sides this season, and crazier things have happened..

but realistically 4th is maximum..
Reply 1178
I rate Van Gaal, he set the foundations for Bayern to be the team they are right now.
Original post by fallen_acorns
if they draw 2 games, and win the other 2

Then they end on 82pts?

Higher then the 79 max, that arsenal can have?

--

No real chance of coming 3rd, but only slight glimpse is that chelsea loose to liverpool.. a

Then arsenal are only 2pts behind them, with 2 games to go..

their last 2 games are against cardif and norwich.. both of which should be easy wins, but then again chelsea have struggled against weaker sides this season, and crazier things have happened..

but realistically 4th is maximum..

To come third liverpool need to win the league this weekend (effectively).

City/Chelsea with little in the league to play for might hand us third but it's probably about 5% likely at this point.

Latest