The Student Room Group

How is revision going for you?

How are you finding revision? Are you feeling snowed under or relatively calm about the looming exams? Are there any exams/subjects that you're finding particularly difficult? Have you even started yet? If not, when do you plan to start? Post away :h: I'm merely curious :tongue:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
"How are you finding revision"

Not too bad, I've decided to throw my social life out the window so I can focus greatly on what needs to be done though.
:wink:

"Are you feeling snowed under or relatively calm about the looming exams?"

I've decided to stay relatively calm (professionally) on the contrary of what appears to be the norm in my school - a large percentage of my friends are worried and thus getting anxious about it. I've actually seen one friend get paranoid in one of the exams to the point they don't do anything.

"Are there any exams/subjects that you're finding particularly difficult?"

It's a bit tricky to remember ALL the specific years for History: Medicine in Time, but overall, I have no problem with the others.

"Have you even started yet?"

Yes.
Original post by Magistl
"How are you finding revision"

Not too bad, I've decided to throw my social life out the window so I can focus greatly on what needs to be done though.
:wink:

"Are you feeling snowed under or relatively calm about the looming exams?"

I've decided to stay relatively calm (professionally) on the contrary of what appears to be the norm in my school - a large percentage of my friends are worried and thus getting anxious about it. I've actually seen one friend get paranoid in one of the exams to the point they don't do anything.

"Are there any exams/subjects that you're finding particularly difficult?"

It's a bit tricky to remember ALL the specific years for History: Medicine in Time, but overall, I have no problem with the others.

"Have you even started yet?"

Yes.

Great that you've started :h: I know a lot of people haven't yet xD
Original post by suzylemonade
How are you finding revision? Are you feeling snowed under or relatively calm about the looming exams? Are there any exams/subjects that you're finding particularly difficult? Have you even started yet? If not, when do you plan to start? Post away :h: I'm merely curious :tongue:

Yes i have started but need to do some more revision and deter myself from procrastination.
Reply 4
Great that you've started :h: I know a lot of people haven't yet xD

Really? Talk of late revision o.O Oh well, I've read stories of people who have done 3 days of revision beforehand and left with brilliant grades - it wouldn't be a shocker, the knowledge is fresh I suppose :tongue:
Original post by Magistl
Really? Talk of late revision o.O Oh well, I've read stories of people who have done 3 days of revision beforehand and left with brilliant grades - it wouldn't be a shocker, the knowledge is fresh I suppose :tongue:

Yeah, exactly xD I know I would be freaking our right now if I hadn't started xD
Yeah, it's pretty amazing. I think the only subject I'm going to cram for is Food Tech- and I don't even care about it anyway, so that should be fine xD
Original post by German123
Yes i have started but need to do some more revision and deter myself from procrastination.

You're that inspirational quote person, aren't you? :biggrin:
Reply 7
Yeah, exactly xD I know I would be freaking our right now if I hadn't started xD
Yeah, it's pretty amazing. I think the only subject I'm going to cram for is Food Tech- and I don't even care about it anyway, so that should be fine xD

Your loyalty to Food Tech doesn't surprise me :wink: I have two friends who do that and they usually revise for that last. I'm guilty of leaving options revision till the very last minute - Business Studies *shivers*

If you don't mind my asking, what A-level's are you planning on taking?
Reply 8

Definitely snowed under :frown: and I didn't even put it off there's just so much to cover and all my motivation is out of the window. I need to get two A's and an A* for my firm choice at uni so I guess I'll be on my way now :ashamed2:
It's going okay. But got lots of other things to do besides revision :/.
Original post by Magistl
Your loyalty to Food Tech doesn't surprise me :wink: I have two friends who do that and they usually revise for that last. I'm guilty of leaving options revision till the very last minute - Business Studies *shivers*

If you don't mind my asking, what A-level's are you planning on taking?

Yeah, I despise the subject :tongue: Such a waste of time -_- Ah, yes. I have heard of lot of (negative) things about Business Studies- so glad I didn't take it xD

Maths, Further Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Physics. I am most definitely a science gal, can't stomach arts subjects :tongue: You?
Lol what is this word "revision" that I hear of? :wink:

Jay kay. Maths is fine, except for Decision maths (spawn of satan).
Physics is also a big bitch.
Original post by BRQ
Definitely snowed under :frown: and I didn't even put it off there's just so much to cover and all my motivation is out of the window. I need to get two A's and an A* for my firm choice at uni so I guess I'll be on my way now :ashamed2:

Whenever I feel like I have no motivation, I always think about where I want to be in future (i.e. Cambridge) and it works really well. So in your case, that would be your future university? Perhaps that will work? :smile:
Reply 13
Yeah, I despise the subject :tongue: Such a waste of time -_- Ah, yes. I have heard of lot of (negative) things about Business Studies- so glad I didn't take it xD

Maths, Further Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Physics. I am most definitely a science gal, can't stomach arts subjects :tongue: You?

Business Studies is considered the easiest GCSE - only reason I took it was due to my father advising I take it for general knowledge.

Express Mathematics (A-level in 1 year instead of two, twice the work), Chemistry A-level and Physics. Science is the best, is it not? :wink:
Original post by maths learner
It's going okay. But got lots of other things to do besides revision :/.

Like learn maths? I'm sorry, I couldn't resist :tongue: What else do you have to do? :/
Reply 15
Panicking!

I've been revising fairly consistently throughout the year but I've prioritised chemistry and biology, and thus I've done very little revision for my geography and English exams (which are my first exams!). Did a chemistry past paper yesterday and it didn't go particularly well, so not feeling fantastic at the moment. I've also done faaaaaaaaar less than I should have over the holidays. Sob.
Original post by Magistl
Business Studies is considered the easiest GCSE - only reason I took it was due to my father advising I take it for general knowledge.

Express Mathematics (A-level in 1 year instead of two, twice the work), Chemistry A-level and Physics. Science is the best, is it not? :wink:

Is it? Really? I just look at the textbook and am relieved that I didn't pick it. It looks like there's a LOT of content D:

Express Maths sounds pretty cool xD
Science is the best, yes :tongue: If I had to order them, Chemistry would always come first :tongue:
Reply 17
Is it? Really? I just look at the textbook and am relieved that I didn't pick it. It looks like there's a LOT of content D:

Express Maths sounds pretty cool xD
Science is the best, yes :tongue: If I had to order them, Chemistry would always come first :tongue:

There's a lot of content because there's a plethora of units, in GCSE we only do two. Well, my school does two - unit 1, starting up a business and unit 7, finance. You like Chemistry the best? Ah, that's where we divide; Physics is always the one I'd pick (specifically for the Nuclear Physics, but hey) :tongue:
Are you hoping for a future career as a Chemist?

Fyi: it's considered the easiest due to the two units, if I recall correctly.
(edited 9 years ago)
How are you finding revision?
Not fab, sooooooo much to do!

Are you feeling snowed under or relatively calm about the looming exams?
It goes from 'it's okay, I've got this, it's fine' to '**** **** **** I'm never gonna get all this done and get into uni' quite regularly hah

Are there any exams/subjects that you're finding particularly difficult?
None of my subjects are overly difficult in terms of content, they all just have a LOT that needs to be learnt

Have you even started yet?
Yes! Still don't think I'll get everything done in time though :frown:
Original post by Magistl
There's a lot of content because there's a plethora of units, in GCSE we only do two. Well, my school does two - unit 1, starting up a business and unit 7, finance. You like Chemistry the best? Ah, that's where we divide; Physics is always the one I'd pick (specifically for the Nuclear Physics, but hey) :tongue:
Are you hoping for a future career as a Chemist?

Fyi: it's considered the easiest due to the two units, if I recall correctly.

Ohh, right. Darn, I should have take BS instead of Geography -_-
Nuclear physics is probably the best part of physics, I agree :biggrin: But yes, Chemistry for me xD I know I definitely want to do Chemistry in Uni, but I'm not sure about afterwards- I'm swaying towards investment banking with a early retirement and then labwork for the rest of my life xD How about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending