The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester Freshers 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

I firmed neuroscience..so so scared that I won't get the grades necessary. For accommodation I'm thinking Oak House..any advice? :smile:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by michaela_d
I firmed neuroscience..so so scared that I won't get the grades necessary. For accommodation I'm thinking Oak House..any advice? :smile:

I feel the same. Really want to come to Manchester though :/
Original post by AR_95
I feel the same. Really want to come to Manchester though :/

Me too! Have you already been to the city/campus? I haven't, so I'm quite curious about what it's like to live there.
Me too! Have you already been to the city/campus? I haven't, so I'm quite curious about what it's like to live there.

Yeahh I went for some sort of a taster for what my engineering course would be like haha

I came from London, arriving there it looked really similar tbh though I know once you branch out of the centre it starts to look different. The engineering part of the Uni didn't really seem to be near the main campus so I haven't seen too much of it but over all nothing but good impressions :h:
Just firmed UoM for Philosophy and Politics, but sooooooooooo unsure that i'll get the grades :frown:
Original post by AR_95
Yeahh I went for some sort of a taster for what my engineering course would be like haha

I came from London, arriving there it looked really similar tbh though I know once you branch out of the centre it starts to look different. The engineering part of the Uni didn't really seem to be near the main campus so I haven't seen too much of it but over all nothing but good impressions :h:

Well I guess if it's anything like London I'll be completely in love with the city :grin: Sorry for bothering you with all these questions, but I've got one more...during your time in Manchester did you visit any of the halls? If yes, what did you think of them?
Original post by SkAlley
Just firmed UoM for Philosophy and Politics, but sooooooooooo unsure that i'll get the grades :frown:

I'm worried about the grades too :frown: when do your exams start?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well I guess if it's anything like London I'll be completely in love with the city :grin: Sorry for bothering you with all these questions, but I've got one more...during your time in Manchester did you visit any of the halls? If yes, what did you think of them?

If you're thinking about accommodation have you looked on the UoM accommodation thread yet? It helped me make my choice for accommodation (oak house) more than any other research I did.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2091577
(edited 9 years ago)

I didn't, I wish I did though its too late I've already put my preferences down :biggrin:
Original post by jonzza_81
If you're thinking about accommodation have you looked on the UoM accommodation thread yet? It helped me make my choice for accommodation (oak house) more than any other research I did.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2091577

Yes I did! I'm pretty set on oak house as well, I just wanted to get opinions from more people as the descriptions in the accom. thread seemed a little biased towards some of the halls and had very short descriptions for others :smile:

Original post by AR_95
I didn't, I wish I did though its too late I've already put my preferences down :biggrin:

That's too bad, but I guess you'll get to see them when you move in, right? :wink: Thanks for answering my questions by the way, and good luck with your exams!

That's too bad, but I guess you'll get to see them when you move in, right? :wink: Thanks for answering my questions by the way, and good luck with your exams!

Hopefully! I just hope I get in first :frown: ahaha
Reply 1391
Firmed UoM for Politics and IR. Any soon-to-be classmate here?
Accommodation preferences: Hulme Hall, Dalton Ellis, St. Anselm. (I'm not sure about the order.)
I am going to firm Manchester for Law and Politics
However, I still haven't applied for accomodation, anyone knows how to and when's the deadline?

Cheers :smile:
Original post by brockles
Firmed Petroleum Engineering.

Hey nice to see someone else firming the same course as me over here :tongue:
Hopefully upon meeting my conditions I'll see you in PetEng.
Cheers mate.
Original post by LonelyPlanet
I am going to firm Manchester for Law and Politics
However, I still haven't applied for accomodation, anyone knows how to and when's the deadline?

Cheers :smile:

Hey there :smile:
You can apply for accommodation here (is it just me or is there something wrong with the website right now?) and I think the deadline is August 31st, but from what I've heard it's better to apply ASAP since it's first-come, first-served.
firmed manchester too AAB-so stressd i won't get it :\ anyone else doing drama?
also how strict are they on grades and how likely is it that you'll get first choice accomodation? sorry for all the questions lol!
Original post by Procrastinator123
I'm worried about the grades too :frown: when do your exams start?

Posted from TSR Mobile

This sounds so mean, but it's really reassuring to know others are in the same boat :colondollar: Mine start on the 14th May and I haven't done nowhere near as much revision as I should have! Wbu?
Hey there :smile:
You can apply for accommodation here (is it just me or is there something wrong with the website right now?) and I think the deadline is August 31st, but from what I've heard it's better to apply ASAP since it's first-come, first-served.

Yeah, I need to firm them though, and apply quick if I want a good room.
Will do so tomorrow, the website was fine for me all day yesterday...
Going to firm Manchester for AAB.
Also stressed about meeting the requirements as I'm struggling to attain a B in maths :L

I need to make sure I get an A* in History and hope they accept A*AC or AAC :L rather than AAB :/
Firmed Manchester for Modern History with Economics!
And accommodation in richmond park fallow field :biggrin: :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending